Windows 10: Cant type on windows search box.

Discus and support Cant type on windows search box. in Cortana to solve the problem; was working fine and stopped working. can use search box on taskbar nor windows explorer. tried a couple of troubleshooting like: uninstall latest... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AREG_92, Jul 3, 2020.

1. AREG_92 Win User

Cant type on windows search box.

was working fine and stopped working. can use search box on taskbar nor windows explorer. tried a couple of troubleshooting like: uninstall latest windows update, check if search in active on services manager, rebuild index, i ran the troubleshooter and like always no issues were found and nothing have worked so far.

Windows 10 home

version 2004

HP envy x360 m6

:)

AREG_92, Jul 3, 2020
  2. kmint Win User

Search boxes inside windows not working

In the task bar it works normal, it's only the boxes inside the windows as described in this site by someone else.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-b9bdc0aa4734

If I click and type it won't work either. It's really annyong and weird, I cant search anymore in my thousands of files.

- - - Updated - - -

Where do I have to do that? I dont understand what that is.

kmint, Jul 3, 2020
  3. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Cant type on windows search box.

Cortana search box - type request

Since I got a Win 10 update a few days ago, Cortana has been hard to deal with :>). She will take requests verbally but if it try to type something into her search box, as soon as I enter a letter, a white box appears as though some suggestions will be
    listed (as it did before the update) and then all of a sudden it disappears and I am back to the original Cortana window. Any ideas? I did set up other admin user and Cortana will allow that user to type into the box and she will immediately start a list
    of suggestions. Also I tried "method 1 and 2 that required changes to the registry.

Richardsymms, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Cant type on windows search box.

1. Cant type on windows search box. - Similar Threads - Cant type search

2. Cannot type in Windows 11 Search Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in Windows 11 Search Box: Hi, I got problem on Windows 11 that i can't type in search box. instead when i press a charracter in keyboard it work like hotkey to the apps pinned to start.For Example, Edge is pinned to start, so when i press E it will highlight the Edge App. plus when i click the search...
  3. Cannot type in Windows 11 Search Box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot type in Windows 11 Search Box: Hi, I got problem on Windows 11 that i can't type in search box. instead when i press a charracter in keyboard it work like hotkey to the apps pinned to start.For Example, Edge is pinned to start, so when i press E it will highlight the Edge App. plus when i click the search...
  4. Can't type in some of Windows Search boxes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't type in some of Windows Search boxes.: So I've been having a problem where I can't type in certain search boxes.For example the one on the side of the Start menu or in the definitions menu and many others images for the examples.I did the "Index and search" troubleshoot and it told me that it was not working, then...
  5. Cant type in search bar

in Cortana
    Cant type in search bar: Hi guys, First of all sorry for my english and i hope you can help regarding to my search bar because i did all the method that i find on browser but sad say all those method is doesn't work.. Hopefully there is someone who can help me regarding to my problem...
  6. Can't type in windows settings and search box

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't type in windows settings and search box: So I've noticed that I couldn't type anything in the windows search box and windows settings at all. I also can't seem to switch typing language, as the button for it is no longer there. I've tried restore health and Scannow. It found and fix corrupt files but didn't solve...
  7. Can't type in windows 10 search Box

in Cortana
    Can't type in windows 10 search Box: After the update of windows 10 I can't type in the search box. I tried a lot of method to fix this problem,but they doesn't work. Please tell me some solution to fix this problem....
  8. Cannot type in search box

in Cortana
    Cannot type in search box: Hello all, The "improved" search box in Windows 10 v. 1909 is broken. 1) It shows one character at a time. - If I type "pdf" it displays "p" then only "d" then only "f". 2) Then it displays a box character (see picture below). 3) Clicking the arrow button does nothing...
  9. Unable to type in Windows 10 search box

in Cortana
    Unable to type in Windows 10 search box: Hi, I am unable to type into the search box in the task bar of my Windows 10 laptop. Not sure if it's related but there did appear to be some updates applied when I logged off last night. Googling I have found a number of suggestions. So far I have tried the following...
  10. Unable to type in Search box

in Cortana
    Unable to type in Search box: Hi all, I have an office and 3 of my machines are unable to type in the search box, I've come to the conclusion that it is Cortana as on all 3 machines there is no Cortana to be seen. But other machines in the office have Cortana and are able to search I have tried...