Windows 10: Can’t Type Password at the Login Screen in Windows 10

Discus and support Can’t Type Password at the Login Screen in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]When you are on the Windows 10 login screen, and no matter how many keypresses you make, you cannot type the password!? It’s a confusing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 16, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Can’t Type Password at the Login Screen in Windows 10

Can’t Type Password at the Login Screen in Windows 10 Cant-Type-Password.jpg
    When you are on the Windows 10 login screen, and no matter how many keypresses you make, you cannot type the password!? It’s a confusing scenario, but it only means there is a problem with the keyboard. In this post, we will suggest some tips to help you fix the problem. Can’t Type Password at […]

This article Can’t Type Password at the Login Screen in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 16, 2021
  2. regan1985 Win User

login screens

is there anyway to stop windows going into the login screen wen i boot up and leave my pc for more then 10mins?i have no password set and im the only user!!

cheers

regan1985, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Cannot type password into Windows login screen

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better. I like to know; when you type password, are you able to view the black dots in the password area?

I suggest you to start your computer in safe and check if the same issue persist.

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart
      your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Settings.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Can’t Type Password at the Login Screen in Windows 10

The screen of my Windows 10 PC is stuck on the password login.

I was fixing a problem with permissions that my PC was having at the time and I had done all of the steps I was looking up on Youtube videos and how to guides and then logged into Safe Mode with networking and command prompt as administrator and did the NET USER command followed by my username, and I restarted the computer to see if that did anything, I got to the login screen but can't seem to login because of the password. I normally would be able to log in without a password but all of a sudden it basically requires me to type in a password, I have two passwords which I normally use and there's probably one that came with the computer but I can't seem to remember that one.

I want to login but I can't get past the password screen and I need help.*Mad

Monstermaster, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Can’t Type Password at the Login Screen in Windows 10

1. Can’t Type Password at the Login Screen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can’t Type Password

2. Can’t login even with correct password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t login even with correct password: Hi,My Surface Book running Windows 10 was running perfectly fine until I received a windows notification that a scan disk was required this wasn’t in response to a pop up or other malware. When I restarted my system, drive C went through a disk scan and no errors or other...
  3. can not type password at login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can not type password at login: Since a recent update not all keys work on my keyboard so I can not type my log in password. A and e show as á and é and certain keys like m don't work at all. The language settings show ENG US & UK but switching makes no difference. I can not click on the power button on log...
  4. can not type in password on login screen Win 10 desktop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can not type in password on login screen Win 10 desktop: keyboard has been working but suddenly last night and since, can not type in my login details - nothing appears in the box when I type but I can type the characters when the challenge phrase A1B2C3 is required. Using screen keyboard did not work either. Have tried...
  5. Windows 10 Login Screen Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Login Screen Password: Dear All, Can anyone please help me to solve windows 10 login password problem. Somehow the windows 10 login screen accept 2 different passwords. I believe it accept my old password and new password too. The problem happens after latest windows 10 updates. How do I stop...
  6. Windows 10 Login Screen Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Login Screen Password: Dear All, Can anyone please help me to solve windows 10 login password problem. Somehow the windows 10 login screen accept 2 different passwords. I believe it accept my old password and new password too. The problem happens after latest windows 10 updates. How do I stop...
  7. Can’t login to Windows with my password

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can’t login to Windows with my password: Hi there, I am unable to login to windows using my password. I’ve been using a pin number for quite some time so I am able to get in. My user name and password works just fine if I log into my Microsoft account in the browser or on a mobile device, it just doesn’t work for...
  8. Unable to type my password to login to windows 10.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to type my password to login to windows 10.: I am unable to login to my account in windows 10. Using Lenovo thinkpad. Please help ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-type-my-password-to-login-to-windows-10/4160aeba-d622-4a8a-961e-1375b9bc1be2
  9. Login Type - Identify Password logins

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Type - Identify Password logins: Does anyone know of a way to differentiate login type? In other words: Am I able to identify when users login using a standard password, versus when they login via our multi-factor authentication? We use a MFA device with Windows 10 (1903), and it works out of the box...
  10. can't type my password on login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't type my password on login screen: Good Morning, I have windows 10 home all in one pc. I have attached wireless keyboard and mouse with it. when I try to type my password it says not available. I have to press Fn and space bar many times after that I can type my password. done system restore to previous...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com