Windows 10: Can't type quotation marks (")

Discus and support Can't type quotation marks (") in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Normally when using US (International keyboard) settings, typing [ Shift + ' + Space ] gives you [ " ]. However, for me both typing [ ' + Space]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jonathan Post, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Can't type quotation marks (")

Hi,

Normally when using US (International keyboard) settings, typing [ Shift + ' + Space ] gives you [ " ]. However, for me both typing [ ' + Space] and typing [ Shift + ' + Space ] all give me [ ' ]. In order to type a quotation mark, my only option is to type [ Shift + ' + ' ], which gives me [ ' " ], and then I can delete the single quote. I have tried different keyboard settings, but they don't fix the problem. Does anybody know how I can fix the issue? Please, feel free to ask for any additional information if needed.

:)

Jonathan Post, Oct 1, 2019
  2. TaoErik Win User

crazy quotation marks

when I type quotation marks the first one is inverted and at the bottom of the line, the second, turned around. eg.: „of new possibilities“

This is happening in only one document. and the only soultion is to cut and past every correct quotation mark.

I have read all the similar questions and no one has suggested a correction that works. There are lots of language related suggestions but all solutions thus far have failed. Please give explicit instructions.

Please, please help!

TaoErik, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Quotation Marks Doubled

Suddenly, when in the middle of a document, my Word for Windows 10 started making two quotation marks, or two apostrophes, when I hit the key.

What did I do?

ErikChristiansen, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Can't type quotation marks (")

Keyboard substitutes quotation marks for the AT symbol ?

My AT symbol is above a single quotation mark within the body of the keyboard - next row under the qwerty line!

A double quotation mark is above the 2 !

Just thought I'd check your instructions are still valid in that case before I make any changes.....thank you

Contrary2011, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Can't type quotation marks (")

1. Can't type quotation marks (") - Similar Threads - Can't type quotation

2. Unable to type quotation marks when pressing [Shift + `]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to type quotation marks when pressing [Shift + `]: I`ve been trying to troubleshoot my apostrophe/ quotation key for weeks now. I went into settings and confirmed I`m in US English. However I get backwards apostrophe, and when I press [Shift + `] I get "~" this symbol instead. I recently learned about on screen keyboard but I...
  3. Unable to type quotation marks when pressing [Shift + `]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to type quotation marks when pressing [Shift + `]: I`ve been trying to troubleshoot my apostrophe/ quotation key for weeks now. I went into settings and confirmed I`m in US English. However I get backwards apostrophe, and when I press [Shift + `] I get "~" this symbol instead. I recently learned about on screen keyboard but I...
  4. Unable to type quotation marks when pressing [Shift + `]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Quotation marks + apostrophes are curly “ by default instead of regular " quotation marks...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quotation marks + apostrophes are curly “ by default instead of regular " quotation marks...: When typing in Notion, instead of inputting regular quotation marks and apostrophes when the respective keys are pressed I get curly quotation marks and curly apostrophes insteadChanging the keyboard layout/language has not solved the problem, neither has using a different...
  6. Can't type in double quotation marks with Shift + '

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't type in double quotation marks with Shift + ': Hello, I recently realized that when I try and type in a double quotation mark with Shift + ', I won't do anything. I was doing homework when I found out and now I'm extremely concerned about my computer. I've checked my keyboards on my laptop and they work perfectly fine so...
  7. Can't type quotation marks

Can't type quotation marks: My problem started randomly. I can't type quotation marks from my keyboard like i used to. I can type é when i press shift and the key. I can type < when i press alt gr and the key. I can't type quotation marks with on-screen keyboard too....
  8. Can't type quotation marks single or double

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't type quotation marks single or double: I am using US Qwerty keyboard and English United States language pack. I have tried adding international keyboard and removing US keyboard. I have changed to different languages. I currently have to copy and paste the quote marks into a document. I saw many other users...
  9. Unable to type quotation mark “ properly

Unable to type quotation mark “ properly: I need to press the"key twice, in order to get it printed on screen or the"gets printed only when its followed by a character. Same is the case with ' key. I changed the keyboard setting to English Australia – United Kingdom and now when I press shift and “ I get the @ symbol...
  10. Quotation Marks Doubled

Quotation Marks Doubled: Suddenly, when in the middle of a document, my Word for Windows 10 started making two quotation marks, or two apostrophes, when I hit the key. What did I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quotation-marks-doubled/587a1871-60d6-4f94-bbee-791895edd1e2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 8 input quotation mark problem

2. how to type quotation mark in pinyin

3. cannot type quotation mark

4. i cant use the quotation mark on my keyboard,
  5. cant type quotation mark,
  6. why cant i type quotation marks in word