Windows 10: Can't uninstall a program because it doesn't show as installed despite being able to run it.

Discus and support Can't uninstall a program because it doesn't show as installed despite being able to run it. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to uninstall iTunes from my computer so I can just run it from an external hard drive. When I go to Control Panel to do this it doesn't list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JNel92, Oct 19, 2019.

1. JNel92 Win User

Can't uninstall a program because it doesn't show as installed despite being able to run it.

I want to uninstall iTunes from my computer so I can just run it from an external hard drive. When I go to Control Panel to do this it doesn't list iTunes as an installed program. I can open and run it though. When I right click on the iTunes icon on my task bar, I don't have the properties option that I have on, for example, Steam. By using to Task Manager, I found that its location is C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ but when I go to C:\Program Files\ there is no WindowsApps folder. If I put C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ into the file explorer address bar it says I don't have permission to access the folder and that I need to open security tab and grant permission. When I go to that everything is grayed out.

:)

JNel92, Oct 19, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Can't uninstall a program because it doesn't show as installed despite being able to run it. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 19, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Can't uninstall a program because it doesn't show as installed despite being able to run it. [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Can't uninstall a program because it doesn't show as installed despite being able to run it.

Forza Horizon 4 - Crashing on Startup, doesn´t run

Hi Vijay,

thanks for response. I tried your steps with a Google DNS and Open DNS - but it doesn´t help.

The game still crashes in the moment I try to run it.

I'll be glad for another solutions.

Vít Řípa, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Can't uninstall a program because it doesn't show as installed despite being able to run it.

1. Can't uninstall a program because it doesn't show as installed despite being able to run it. - Similar Threads - Can't uninstall program

2. Not able to uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to uninstall a program: There is a program named 'Lenovo Download Assistant' and I'm not able to uninstall it. I checked the control panel for the installed program list but couldn't find this program. I right-clicked on it and it opened the System32 folder which had some .dll file in it, I tried...
  3. Not able to uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to uninstall a program: There is a program named 'Lenovo Download Assistant' and I'm not able to uninstall it. I checked the control panel for the installed program list but couldn't find this program. I right-clicked on it and it opened the System32 folder which had some .dll file in it, I tried...
  4. Can't see the programs I've installed before because of Kapersky, uninstalled Kapersky and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't see the programs I've installed before because of Kapersky, uninstalled Kapersky and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IceWotor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tq2j7z/cant_see_the_programs_ive_installed_before/
  5. Uninstall: Another program is being installed issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstall: Another program is being installed issue: Trying to uninstall Asus apps but I get : Another program is being installed and I should wait till it's finished, but there is no app being installed.Can I switch this off/registry hack???Thanks...
  6. NOT ABLE TO PLAY AUDIO, NOT ABLE UNINSTALL AND INSTALL PROGRAMS, NOT GETTING ADMINISTRATOR...

NOT ABLE TO PLAY AUDIO, NOT ABLE UNINSTALL AND INSTALL PROGRAMS, NOT GETTING ADMINISTRATOR...: Hello, i way uninstalling mysql and i accidentally double clicked on that after that something was happening and it was taking so long that i got frustrated and restarted my laptop immediately. but after restart a lot of things malfunctioned. 1. My laptop inbuilt speaker...
  7. Search doesn't show installed apps, despite hours of being re-indexed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search doesn't show installed apps, despite hours of being re-indexed.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ashuraaz23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f3ymnn/search_doesnt_show_installed_apps_despite_hours/
  8. Program not listed to be able to uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program not listed to be able to uninstall: When navigating to Control Panel/Programs to be able to uninstall Quicken, The program is not listed to be able to uninstall. The program is installed and I can locate in the Program Files, but is not listed to uninstall. I have heard that if I were to just delete the...
  9. Not able to uninstall programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to uninstall programs: I've been trying to uninstall a couple of programs to free up some space, but when I try to uninstall I get an error message which is included in the attachment. This occurs for most of the programs I try to uninstall with a ".msi" file directive. On clicking yes, the same...
  10. Cant't able to uninstall program

Cant't able to uninstall program: A few days ago I'd installed gigabyte utilities for some reasons I did not like it so I uninstalled it but easy tune service engine (It comes along with gigabyte utilities) is still persist in apps and features if I double clicked on it I see the buttons to uninstall and...