Windows 10: Cant uninstall a program windows 10

Discus and support Cant uninstall a program windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Something happened after the last major windows update and something happened with iTunes and other apple windows programs. and what ive done since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PaulEllenbogen, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Cant uninstall a program windows 10

Something happened after the last major windows update and something happened with iTunes and other apple windows programs. and what ive done since has probably made it worse. after doing all of the following windows still thinks there is a version of iTunes installed

I reset to the previous install and did a system restore. after this I had the previous version of iTunes but the icon was grey and I want sure it was working properly. When would attempt to reinstall iTunes I would get an error message that it cannot find some iTunes file.

A month later (today) I tried again. This tile I downloaded a third party uninstall program, IObit Uninstall and removed iTunes, but I still got an error message that I had to remove the old program, and when I said ok, it would send me to the control panel, where iTunes is no longer there.

So I then went to regedit and removed all reference to apple or iTunes. I had previously removed ALL apple programs. When I attempt to install iTunes through the MS store I get the following error, "iTunes could not remove your previous installation. Please remove using Programs and features control panel.

iTunes isn't listed in programs and features.

Please help

:)

PaulEllenbogen, Nov 13, 2019

2. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 13, 2019
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Cant uninstall a program windows 10 :confused:

oli_ramsay, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Cant uninstall a program windows 10

Windows 10: unable to uninstall programs

Hi Davy,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to uninstall Java 8 in the Programs and Features from the safe mode.

Please refer the below link to start the computer in Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Follow the below steps to uninstall Java 8:

• Right click on Start button and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • In the Programs and Features you can find the Java 8 programs.
    • Right click on it and click on Uninstall.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Cant uninstall a program windows 10

1. Cant uninstall a program windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cant uninstall program

2. Windows tries to uninstall program but cant find it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows tries to uninstall program but cant find it.: im trying to uninstall a game i dont play, However windows cant find it. When i go to add/remove programs it appears in the drop down list, but when i try downloading it, it says windows cant find 'file directory' make sure you typed the name correctly and try again....
  3. Windows tries to uninstall program but cant find it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows tries to uninstall program but cant find it.: im trying to uninstall a game i dont play, However windows cant find it. When i go to add/remove programs it appears in the drop down list, but when i try downloading it, it says windows cant find 'file directory' make sure you typed the name correctly and try again....
  4. Cant uninstall large program No permission on admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant uninstall large program No permission on admin: Hey all,So a few months ago, I uninstalled the EA launcher because it was half broken and forgot to uninstall a game which was 34gb in size A lot to me Now, the EA launcher doesn't see that it is installed and nor does the remove programs menu. Now, I cant even delete the...
  5. Cant uninstall large program No permission on admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant uninstall large program No permission on admin: Hey all,So a few months ago, I uninstalled the EA launcher because it was half broken and forgot to uninstall a game which was 34gb in size A lot to me Now, the EA launcher doesn't see that it is installed and nor does the remove programs menu. Now, I cant even delete the...
  6. cant install or uninstall programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant install or uninstall programs: when i try to install a program, the 'install' screen just crashes. when i try to uninstall a program, the 'uninstall' screen also crashes. i also i can't launch discord, device manager and many other windows apps i'm wondering if i have a virus on my computer. submitted...
  7. Cant uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant uninstall a program: For some reason my AURA app stopped working and wont let me change my LED's. so i started deleting everything from the app so i could re install it but cant seem to get the actual program to uninstall. when i try a RunDLL messege comes up saying the module could not be found...
  8. uninstalling a program on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uninstalling a program on windows 10: hello there, im having a problem with eplan program i cannot uninstall since eplan were not uninstalling i made a mistake i think because i deleted every eplan program file in pc now it just shows up with its icon but you cannot modify or uninstall it what can i do...
  9. Cant uninstall a program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant uninstall a program: i try to uninstall app but it shows error as shown in picture .Kindly tell me how to fix ?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-a-program/d963d621-1f31-4df0-8443-07d0699bbc62
  10. cant uninstall antivirus program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cant uninstall antivirus program: i have a free AVG antivirus program instaled and now i have purchased another and want to install it but i am not able to uninstall this AVG program...