Windows 10: Cant Uninstall Files that Microsoft Store downloaded on my computer

Discus and support Cant Uninstall Files that Microsoft Store downloaded on my computer in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I tried installing Forza Horizons 4 and it was going way over what it said the storage that was required so i stopped the download thinking that it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by FarrFetched, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Cant Uninstall Files that Microsoft Store downloaded on my computer

So I tried installing Forza Horizons 4 and it was going way over what it said the storage that was required so i stopped the download thinking that it would delete the data, it didn't.

I can't find anywhere to delete the data from the unfinished game so i just decided to reinstall it on my HDD my d: drive, and for some reason my storage on my ssd went down and I'm pretty sure it downloaded stuff without me wanting it to. I just want my storage back, I had around 270 gb and now I only have 186gb free, why is this so difficult to just uninstall files that i don't want.

I've looked around the microsoft store and i can't find an uninstall button and it's really anger inducing that it would install files and not delete them when I cancel the install.

:)

FarrFetched, Nov 8, 2020

2. Downloading is Slow from Store.

Hi Mihir,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the description, I understand that Windows store downloads slowly.

Step 1:

I suggest you to clear Windows Store cache and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe on Run window and press enter.
    • Check if issue persists.

You may try the following steps and check:

Step 2:

Try to run the sfc scan and check if the Windows store downloads faster:

Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Kalevalen Win User

Cant Uninstall Files that Microsoft Store downloaded on my computer

Cannot uninstall program from my computer.

Solution

Warning: These removal steps can disable other Symantec products that are installed on the computer. It is recommended that all Symantec products be uninstalled by using Add or Remove Programs before starting this process.

Log on as Administrator
    Manual removal of Symantec Endpoint Protection must be done from the Administrator account. To enable the Administrator account, read the following document from the Microsoft Knowledge Base: Enable and Disable the Built-in Administrator Account.

When the Administrator account is enabled, log on to that account.

Stop Symantec Endpoint Protection

Click Start > Run.
    Type msconfig
    Click OK.
    On the Startup tab, uncheck Symantec Security Technologies.
    In the Services tab, uncheck the following (not all may be present):
    Symantec Event Manager
    Symantec Settings Manager
    LiveUpdate
    Symantec Management Client
    Symantec Network Access Control
    Symantec Endpoint Protection
    Click OK, and then restart the computer.
    After the computer starts up, an alert appears. Check the box and click OK.

Remove the Teefer2 driver

Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Network Connections.
    Click a connection.
    In the dialog, click Properties.
    Select Teefer2 Driver and click Uninstall.
    You will need to repeat these steps for each Network Connection.
    Restart the computer.

Remove Symantec Endpoint Protection from the registry

Click Start > Run.
    Type regedit and Click OK.
    In the Windows registry editor, in the left pane, delete the following keys if they are present. If one is not present, proceed to the next one.
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\Shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\LDVPMenu
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sygate Technologies, Inc.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\InstalledApps, SAVCE value only
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Whole Security
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\LANDesk
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LiveUpdate
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SevInst
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ccEvtMgr
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ccSetMgr
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\eeCtrl
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EraserUtilRebootDrv
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LiveUpdate
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NAVENG
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NAVEX15
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SmcService
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SNAC
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SnacNp
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SPBBCDrv
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SRTSP
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SRTSPL
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SRTSPX
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Symantec AntiVirus
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SymEvent
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SYMREDRV
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SYMTDI
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Teefer2
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Wps
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WpsHelper
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Symantec
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Application\ccSvcHst
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Application\LiveUpdate
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Application\SescLU
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Application\Symantec AntiVirus
    Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    Select Uninstall.
    Select Edit
    Click Find.
    Type symantec
    Click Find Next.
    A value appears in the right pane that includes the word Symantec, in a key that is still in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.
    If the key that is selected is still in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall, delete the key (in the left pane), and then repeat the search.
    If the key that is selected is not in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall, continue to the next step.
    Remove any values with "Symantec" in the path from the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
    Search for the following strings, and delete any registry keys that contain them:
    331D64B67B1D6024FAD99FA7FAAE8F3
    Vpshell2
    VpShellEx
    Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\.
    Under the following registry keys, delete the registry key 12AD9A2D657B7654F96A2EA43F3166B3:
    0E3118066B3FEE6C0AF18C3B9B1A1EE8
    2A31EAB9FA7E3C6D0AF18C3B9B1A1EE8
    6EC3DF47D8A2C9E00AF18C3B9B1A1EE8
    7ABFE44842C12B390AF18C3B9B1A1EE8
    C9AE13788D0B61F80AF18C3B9B1A1EE8
    DA42BC89BF25F5BD0AF18C3B9B1A1EE8

Remove Symantec Endpoint Security files and folders

Restart the computer into Safe Mode. To enter Safe Mode on Windows Vista and Windows 7, read the Microsoft article Start your computer in safe mode.
    In Safe Mode, log on as the Administrator account.
    Delete the following files and folders. If a file or folder is not present, proceed to the next one.
    C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection (Or the appropriate directory if you installed in a different one)
    C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate (Or the appropriate directory if you installed in a different one)
    C:\Program Files\Symantec\ (Or the appropriate directory if you installed in a different one)
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
    C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Symantec Endpoint Protection
    C:\ProgramData\Symantec
    Delete the following driver files in C:\Windows\System32\drivers. In all cases delete the files with the extensions .sys, .cat, and .inf with the following prefixes:
    Coh_Mon
    SrtSp
    SrtSp64
    SrtSpl
    SrtSpl64
    SrtSpx
    SrtSpx64
    SymDns
    SymDns64
    SymEvent
    SymEvent64x86
    SymFw
    SymIds
    SymNdis
    SymNdisv
    SymRedir
    SymRedrv
    SymTdi
    SysPlant
    Teefer2
    Wgx
    WpsDrvnt
    WpsHelper
    Delete the following driver files in both C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64:
    BugslayerUtil.dll
    Cba.dll
    FwsVpn.dll
    Loc32Vc0.dll
    MsgSys.dll
    Nts.dll
    Pds.dll
    SysFer.dll
    SymVPN.dll
    Go to C:\Windows\Installer\.
    For each file in C:\Windows\Installer, right-click the file and select Properties.
    On the Summary tab, check to see whether the file was created by Symantec. If it was, delete the file.
    Repeat steps 6-9 for every file in the folder.

Remove the Teefer driver

Click Start > Search, type cmd, and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to start a command prompt with Administrator privileges.
    Type pnputil -e to list the Symantec drivers in the driver store.
    Type pnputil -f -d oem<n>.inf to remove Symantec drivers from driver store, where <n> is a number corresponding to one of the Symantec drivers listed in the previous step.
    Type exit to close the command prompt.
    In the Windows registry editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318}.
    Delete any keys that have a value of ComponentId that is set to symc_teefer2mp.
    Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceClasses\{ad498944-762f-11d0-8dcb-00c04fc3358c}.
    Delete any sub keys that have a name containing SYMC_TEEFER2MP.
    Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceClasses\{cac88424-7515-4c03-82e6-71a87abac361}.
    Delete any sub keys that have a name containing SYMC_TEEFER2MP.
    Close the Windows Registry Editor.
    In the Device Manager (devmgmt.msc), go to Network Adapters, and delete all entries with "teefer" in them.
    Delete any network adapters to which teefer was attached.
    This causes the adapters to be reinstalled. This step must be done in order for there to be network connectivity after you restart the computer.
    Restart the computer into normal mode.

Kalevalen, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Cant Uninstall Files that Microsoft Store downloaded on my computer

1. Cant Uninstall Files that Microsoft Store downloaded on my computer - Similar Threads - Cant Uninstall Files

2. Cant download Microsoft apps on Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant download Microsoft apps on Microsoft store.: whenever I try to download an app on the store, it will always buffer and a text saying "acquiring licence" and then "there has been an error" When I click on See Details, an error code of 0x80070005 appears. Help I have been having this problem for months now, ever since I...
  3. Cant download Microsoft apps on Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant download Microsoft apps on Microsoft store.: whenever I try to download an app on the store, it will always buffer and a text saying "acquiring licence" and then "there has been an error" When I click on See Details, an error code of 0x80070005 appears. Help I have been having this problem for months now, ever since I...
  4. Microsoft store cant download apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store cant download apps: Hi i need help asap...So the Microsoft store cant download any app in there, i tried every single solution found on internet answered by microsoft help and nothing helps, the only thing i didnt try and i wont try is reinstalling windows or repairing windows or anything to do...
  5. i cant download roblox on my computer using the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant download roblox on my computer using the microsoft store: it says error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-roblox-on-my-computer-using-the/2965d268-e696-45ae-8b78-34ccb146f46d
  6. i cant download roblox on my computer using the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant download roblox on my computer using the microsoft store: it says error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-roblox-on-my-computer-using-the/2965d268-e696-45ae-8b78-34ccb146f46d
  7. Cant download apps on Microsoft store

Cant download apps on Microsoft store: I cant download apps on the Microsoft store when i press install nothing happens and things in mu que are "starting download" but dont move they just stay on "starting Download" ive checked online for answers but none of then help?...
  8. Cant download Microsoft Store Apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant download Microsoft Store Apps: Hello, I Cant download Microsoft Store Apps after I clean Installed my latest windows 10 version 21H1. The reason is because I have Avast Premium installed and use its Firewall. I have Windows Defender Completely Disabled and besides Avast overtakes the Firewall service. So...
  9. Microsoft store cant download anything

Microsoft store cant download anything: I can't download anything off of microsoft store it repeatedly says "unexpected error" or " something happened on our side" I'd be glad if you can help...
  10. Cant download apps on Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant download apps on Microsoft store.: i am unable to download any apps on Microsoft store. i have tried every step online signing out signing in. uninstalling reinstalling but nothing works. submitted by /u/w4runn3r [link] [comments]...