Windows 10: Can't uninstall games on the XBOX games app for Windows 10

Discus and support Can't uninstall games on the XBOX games app for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Like many others, I've got the Xbox game pass for PC, and downloaded some games. After trying out, I've got an error during the uninstall of these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HH Lima, Dec 22, 2020.

1. HH Lima Win User

Can't uninstall games on the XBOX games app for Windows 10

Like many others, I've got the Xbox game pass for PC, and downloaded some games. After trying out, I've got an error during the uninstall of these games, namely at the moment Wolfenstein Young Blood and Age of Empires III.

By clicking the uninstall button on the app, it just gives the warning sign, and says "Sorry, we couldn't uninstall this game. Try uninstalling it in Settings".

I go to settings, apps, and try to uninstall them from there, but it also gives an error and can't uninstall it. The error code is0x80080204.

I've tried searching online and tried some fixes, but none has worked. I've pretty much got now like 75gb of memory "locked" with games that I don't want.

Things I've tried:

• Update Windows
    • Uninstall / Reinstall Xbox app
    • Terminate / Repair / Reset / Uninstall from settings
    • Safe boot - Uninstall from settings = Xbox games pass games don't show up in the list

I can't even manually delete the files to free up space because the windowsapp folder denies access for some reason.

Thanks in advance

:)

HH Lima, Dec 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 Game Apps

Hi Muddaththir,

There are several possible reasons as to why you're encountering issues launching the game. Here's a list of the common factors:

• Your Windows 10 PC doesn't meet the game requirements.
    • There are software conflicts that occur when launching the game.
    • Your Windows 10 OS is outdated.
    • There's an issue with the game server.

To determine if the game is compatible with your Windows 10 PC, kindly visit this

link
    and follow the steps on how to find out if a game will work on your Windows 10 device.

We also suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this
    link
    . This tool can help resolve corrupted game data.

Another solution we recommend is to check if there are updates available for your Windows 10 PC. Refer to

How to get software and driver updates for Windows 10
    for the steps.

Software conflicts that occur when launching the game is one possible reason why you're experiencing this issue. To resolve this, kindly visit this

link
    and follow the steps on how to perform a clean boot in Windows.

If the same issue occurs, kindly uninstall and reinstall the game. This can help resolve corrupted game installation files. Refer to

How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10
    for the steps.

Do get back to us with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Dec 22, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Ramhound Win User

Xbox Game bar after uninstalling UWP and disabling UAC

The Game DVR feature and specifically the in-game Game Bar that appears in compatible applications, is controlled by the Xbox Universal Windows Platform application, which is one of the default provisioned UWP applications.

Yes

In order to disable the Game DVR you have to disable it within the Xbox application.

Source: How to Disable Windows 10’s Game DVR (and Game Bar)

Once you disable the Game DVR functionality it will stay disabled.

In order to turn UAC competely, open regedit, and navigate to following location.

You are going to have to modify the value of EnableLUA to 0. Setting the UAC setting to it's lowest setting, within the Control Panel on Windows 10, does not actually disable UAC.

Ramhound, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't uninstall games on the XBOX games app for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't uninstall games

2. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox App games not fully uninstalling: There is a full story to this and all but I'm just gonna try to cut to the chase. I tried uninstalling Doom Eternal and Halo MCC, but when it didn't free up space I did some snooping and turns out that they still exist despite me literally using the uninstall button in the...
  3. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App games not fully uninstalling: There is a full story to this and all but I'm just gonna try to cut to the chase. I tried uninstalling Doom Eternal and Halo MCC, but when it didn't free up space I did some snooping and turns out that they still exist despite me literally using the uninstall button in the...
  4. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't uninstall games from the Xbox PC app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't uninstall games from the Xbox PC app: Hello, as the title says. I tried this on both my new builds and sure enough, both affected. I installed multiple games from the Xbox gamepass PC app. I was looking to make room for different games, as I'm uninstalling games from the xbox app I'm watching my storage and it...
  6. I can't uninstall games from the Xbox PC app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't uninstall games from the Xbox PC app: Hello, as the title says. I tried this on both my new builds and sure enough, both affected. I installed multiple games from the Xbox gamepass PC app. I was looking to make room for different games, as I'm uninstalling games from the xbox app I'm watching my storage and it...
  7. I can't uninstall games from the Xbox PC app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Xbox PC app wont uninstall games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox PC app wont uninstall games?: I got gamepass and its given me nothing but headaches, Games get stuck downloading and uninstalling, vanishing onto my drives with no way of deleting them.I try to uninstall a game after no luck of it launching Control and it just stays stuck on UNINSTALLING.Now ive lost 60...
  9. Xbox game uninstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox game uninstall: I have a problem where I wanted to install Forza Horizon 4 but it failed during installing but now I have half of my disk space used cuz of the game failing to install and I cant even find the folder with it. I really need help with it cuz if I cant install it I atleast want...
  10. Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps: How to: Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps How to Uninstall Games and Apps on Xbox One [img] Information The Xbox One is equipped with a 500 GB or 1 TB internal hard drive depending on which console you purchased. Most of this space is available for storing games and...