Windows 10: Can't uninstall iTunes on a windows 10 PC.

Discus and support Can't uninstall iTunes on a windows 10 PC. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings. This evening iTunes decided to vanish. I noticed the icon was missing from the task bar and the main screen. I called it up on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NICKCOSTA2, May 25, 2020.

1. Can't uninstall iTunes on a windows 10 PC.

Greetings.

This evening iTunes decided to vanish. I noticed the icon was missing from the task bar and the main screen. I called it up on the search bar and the icon appeared when I left clicked the windows icon. However, when I clicked it, nothing happened.

I went to the MS store, from whence I'd acquired iTunes on this PC, and tried to download a new version. It told me to uninstall it first. When I tried to uninstall, I got this error code: 0x800073cf6 and advice to try later. On a second try I got this one: 0x80070241.

I then tried Revo Uninstall - but iTunes didn't show up on the list of programs. Tried Program Mgr and couldn't find it in there to uninstall either.

So, I have a program I can't uninstall nor install.

I tried running troubleshooter and ran through the list of programs to examine; iTunes was not listed. I then went to Program Not Listed and clicked that. Nada.

Windows 10 is on auto update, so everything should be current.

I'm missing something. If anyone has any ideas what I might do here, I would very much like to hear them.

Thanks,

NIck Costa

:)

NICKCOSTA2, May 25, 2020

2. I can't open iTunes or iCloud in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall iTunes and iCloud and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall iTunes and iCloud:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Programs and Features.

• Look for iTunes and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.

• Follow the same steps to uninstall iCloud.

• Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 25, 2020
  3. RickC Win User
    iTunes won't connect to my iTunes Media directory

1. Uninstall iTunes completely. (I suggest using Geek Uninstaller. In my experience this does a good job of clearing remnants.)
    2. Download and install latest iTunes from Apple, not Windows Store (Never use the Windows Store for iTunes.)
    3. Check whether the Apple version allows you to point to your old media store.

Hope this helps...

RickC, May 25, 2020
  4. Can't uninstall iTunes on a windows 10 PC.

how to unistall then reinstall itunes in Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to try uninstall iTunes from the Programs and Features.

Follow the below steps to uninstall iTunes:

• Press Windows key + X and click Control Panel.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Select iTunes and click Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    Step 2:

I suggest you to install iTunes in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right-click on the setup file of the iTunes and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the iTunes install and then check the functionality.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't uninstall iTunes on a windows 10 PC.

1. Can't uninstall iTunes on a windows 10 PC. - Similar Threads - Can't uninstall iTunes

2. Can't login to iTunes with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to iTunes with Windows 10: I can't login to iTunes 12.12 with Windows 10. I have checked to see if I have any malware and reset my password. Nothing works. I asked Apple support and they couldn't help....
  3. Can't login to iTunes with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login to iTunes with Windows 10: I can't login to iTunes 12.12 with Windows 10. I have checked to see if I have any malware and reset my password. Nothing works. I asked Apple support and they couldn't help....
  4. Can't login to iTunes with Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Uninstall itunes from Window 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall itunes from Window 10: I am trying to uninstall an old version of itunes from Window 10. I get the following pop up window from Windows Installer: "the configuration data for this product is corrupt. Contact your support personnel" I need help and direction to uninstall itunes...
  6. Uninstall and Re-Install of iTunes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall and Re-Install of iTunes on Windows 10: I have had iTunes as a standalone program on my Windows 10 laptop for some years. Unfortunately it had malfunctioned so I used the Programs and Features to uninstall it. Having loaded the iTunes App from the Microsoft Store I am now receiving the message that the previous...
  7. Not able to uninstall itunes.

Not able to uninstall itunes.: I am trying to uninstall Itunes software from my windows 10 operating system. it was corrupted when I tried to install bluetooth software, which has since been deleted. I lost my itunes desk top icon to open program and I am able to open itunes through the search bar. I tried...
  8. can't uninstall iTunes for Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't uninstall iTunes for Windows: iTunes is listed in my 'Programs and Features', but the icon is a blank sheet. Attempting to uninstall returns the error message: 'The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder...
  9. uninstall itune

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstall itune: uninstall itune https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-itune/6ae1e8e8-4449-455c-a27d-644afa8a9a69
  10. Can't Install iTunes on Windows 10

Can't Install iTunes on Windows 10: Hi All, I just upgraded to Windows 10 at the end of July. I've been having problems removing programmes or adding some new programmes, e.g. iTunes. Recently tried to update my iTunes but to no avail! Great difficulty in removing the existing iTunes programme. Had to use...