Windows 10: Can't uninstall Media Feature Pack for Windows 10

Discus and support Can't uninstall Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed the Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 in the Settings menu because I need it to launch The Outer Worlds. It didn't work and then I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GabrielChan11, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Can't uninstall Media Feature Pack for Windows 10

I installed the Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 in the Settings menu because I need it to launch The Outer Worlds. It didn't work and then I found out I couldn't uninstall the Media Feature Pack either. Every time I try, I get the 'Uninstall failed' message. When I try to turn off 'Media Features' under 'More Windows Features' I am told 'The system cannot find the file specified' and I also get error code 0x80070002. I believe that the Media Feature Pack may not have been installed correctly but I can't remove it. What can I do?

:)

GabrielChan11, Oct 31, 2020

2. Media feature pack

HI,

It could be due to a corrupted installation for Groove or the media pack.

I would suggest you uninstall & reinstall both or perform the following troubleshooting steps listed in this microsoft support article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/307811...

Lee Teck Koon, Oct 31, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows 10 Home - Media Feature Pack

Hi Adam,

There is a big possibility that the version of the Media Feature Pack
    that you're downloading is not compatible with the current version of your Windows. Let's try to check first your Windows version. See the steps below on how to do so:

• Press Windows key, then type in winver.
    • A pop-up box will show up containing your Windows version.
    • Send us a screenshot.

In the meantime, here are the Media Feature Pack for different Windows version:

Let us know which of the given links works.

John Sarc, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Can't uninstall Media Feature Pack for Windows 10

Media feature pack disabled/uninstalled

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how it could be when the features doesn’t work as it is supposed to. It would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• How was the NVidia update installed?
    • Have you tried reinstalling the Media Feature pack?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that makes a difference:

Method 1: Reinstall Media Feature pack

If you have not tried reinstalling Media Feature pack, we can try reinstalling it and see if that helps. You can download and install it from

Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10
    as per your version of Windows 10.

Method 2: Rollback NVidia driver

One other thing we can try is to uninstall the NVidia update. We can try rolling back the NVidia drivers and see if that helps.
    To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows key + X, and select
      Device manager.
    2. In Device manager, expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on NVidia drivers and select
      Properties.
    4. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on
      Roll Back Driver.
    5. Restart the computer.

Method 3: System Restore

If Method 1 and 2 didn’t help, we can try to restore the computer to an earlier point when everything was working fine. Please refer the section
    Restore from a system restore point from the article
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Note: Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Can't uninstall Media Feature Pack for Windows 10

1. Can't uninstall Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't uninstall Media

2. can't install Media Feature pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't install Media Feature pack: Hi , i have a problem installing media feature pack . I have windows 10 education N 21H1 and when i open Roblox they says MFplat.dll missing , I maked a research and I found out that MFplat.dll is making part of Media feature pack . When I try to download it from optional...
  3. can't install Media Feature pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't install Media Feature pack: Hi , i have a problem installing media feature pack . I have windows 10 education N 21H1 and when i open Roblox they says MFplat.dll missing , I maked a research and I found out that MFplat.dll is making part of Media feature pack . When I try to download it from optional...
  4. Can't Download the Media Feature Pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Download the Media Feature Pack: I have mfplat.dll missing so I searched it and It showed that I have to download media feature pack but, I am not able to download the media feature pack. I tried downloading it from Settings>Apps>Apps and Features>Optional Features>Add a Feature but I doesn't show any...
  5. Can't Download the Media Feature Pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Download the Media Feature Pack: I have mfplat.dll missing so I searched it and It showed that I have to download media feature pack but, I am not able to download the media feature pack. I tried downloading it from Settings>Apps>Apps and Features>Optional Features>Add a Feature but I doesn't show any...
  6. Can't Download the Media Feature Pack

7. Can't install media feature pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install media feature pack: So I've been trying a while now to get microsoft store apps to work and have come to the conclusion that the issue is the media feature pack. I am using windows 10 pro N and have to download this seperately. My problem is, whenever I try to download this, I am prompted to...
  8. Can't install media feature pack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install media feature pack: So I've been trying a while now to get microsoft store apps to work and have come to the conclusion that the issue is the media feature pack. I am using windows 10n and have to download this seperately. My problem is, whenever I try to download this, I am prompted to reboot...
  9. Uninstalling Media Feature Pack by mistake

Uninstalling Media Feature Pack by mistake: Hello I installed media feature pack from my settings>apps>optional features because in the Microsoft official website there is nothing for 1909 version but then I installed it by pressing a key unfortunately Now I want to install it again but the process will be failed...
  10. Media feature pack disabled/uninstalled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media feature pack disabled/uninstalled: Hello! After an nvidea update, the media feature pack was disabled uninstalled or god knows what. I tried installing it and ended up installing around 4 different ones, none of them worked, I desided to contact live support, 3 different people took over my computer to try to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstall media feature pack windows 10

2. uninstall feature pack windows 10