Windows 10: can't uninstall older Visual C++ versions without vc_red.msi

Discus and support can't uninstall older Visual C++ versions without vc_red.msi in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have some really old VC++ but unable to uninstall any of them saying vc_red.msi is missing. even though I have the VC_redist86 or 64.exe I run them,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by m18xr2, May 30, 2020.

1. m18xr2 Win User

can't uninstall older Visual C++ versions without vc_red.msi

I have some really old VC++ but unable to uninstall any of them saying vc_red.msi is missing.

even though I have the VC_redist86 or 64.exe I run them, they do not generate the vc_red.msi in windows temp folder and when I installed one of the older VC on a test VMware OS, it creates the VC_red.msi somewhere and I dont know where.

how can I uninstall them properly? please help!

last resort is to find what file it installs (140, 130, 120.dll etc) and then manually remove all vc related registry.

:)

m18xr2, May 30, 2020
  2. Callender Win User

Once reinstalled use Geek to remove what you don't need.

can't uninstall older Visual C++ versions without vc_red.msi [​IMG]

Or just leave them installed as it doesn't affect anything to leave them installed.

Callender, May 30, 2020
  3. Callender Win User

If you've used third party software like a system cleaner to clean up windows installer then your only real option is to reinstall the same versions then uninstall them if you no longer need them.

Download Visual C++ Runtime Installer (All-In-One) - MajorGeeks

can't uninstall older Visual C++ versions without vc_red.msi [​IMG]

Callender, May 30, 2020
  4. Pedro M Win User

Visual C++ Redistributable wants msi file to uninstall

Hi, i hope you're doing good today.

Maybe an older version of Microsoft Visual C++ is blocking the installation. We suggest uninstalling all Microsoft Visual C++ from the control panel before trying to install the new MS Visual C++. Follow the steps below:

Open Control Panel.

Click Programs, then click Programs and Features.

Locate All Microsoft Visual C++, then click Uninstall in all of them.

After uninstalling the program, try to install the version that you're having the problem again.

Regards.

Pedro M, May 30, 2020
Thema:

1. can't uninstall older Visual C++ versions without vc_red.msi - Similar Threads - can't uninstall older

2. Visual C++ Older Distributable locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual C++ Older Distributable locations: Need the exact version. Where can I find a page to download old versions, not the latest versions?Where can I find Visual C++ Redistributable 14.32.31332? And other ones for future reference....
  3. Visual C++ Older Distributable locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual C++ Older Distributable locations: Need the exact version. Where can I find a page to download old versions, not the latest versions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-c-older-distributable-locations/b27bc3c7-ce62-4f46-acbf-e88fa4917b00
  4. The older version of micrsoft visual C++ 2015-2022 cannot be removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The older version of micrsoft visual C++ 2015-2022 cannot be removed: I did a win11 update and i backtracking to win10 .then this happend,I have already unistalled all the vc++ in control panel,and tryed the solution from this post:The older version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X86 Minimum - Microsoft Community,it didn't work on me,please help...
  5. The older version of micrsoft visual C++ 2015-2022 cannot be removed

The older version of micrsoft visual C++ 2015-2022 cannot be removed: I did a win11 update and i backtracking to win10 .then this happend,I have already unistalled all the vc++ in control panel,and tryed the solution from this post:The older version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X86 Minimum - Microsoft Community,it didn't work on me,please help...
  6. The older version of micrsoft visual C++ 2015-2022 cannot be removed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Visual C++ redistribution Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visual C++ redistribution Uninstalled: Need help. I recently uninstalled all the Visual c++ redistribution from my laptopAsus , and after sometime It started shutting down and displayed a blue screen and sometimes the Asus Bios Utility EZ mode page. I've tried all the different options but unable to have any...
  8. can't uninstall older Visual C++ versions without vc_red.msi

in Windows 10 Support
    can't uninstall older Visual C++ versions without vc_red.msi: I have some really old VC++ but unable to uninstall any of them saying vc_red.msi is missing. even though I have the VC_redist86 or 64.exe I run them, they do not generate the vc_red.msi in windows temp folder and when I installed one of the older VC on a test VMware OS, it...
  9. Is it OK to delete Microsoft Visual C++ older versionsexept newest versions?

Is it OK to delete Microsoft Visual C++ older versionsexept newest versions?: Hello, I' m windows 10 pro user in Korea. I am very satisfied with Microsoft' s OSOperated System, or hardware. Recently, even I' m a onedrive paid usernot this account, I felt lack of memory in my notebook and PC too. Therefore, I started deleting some no - need programs and...
  10. Visual C++ Redistributable wants msi file to uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual C++ Redistributable wants msi file to uninstall: When I try to install any Visual C++ Redistributable on my usual Windows 10 PC, it asks me to browse to an vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi file of the older Visual C++ 2015 x64 Minimum Runtime but I don't have it, I don't find it and it needs to be exactly the 14.0.23918 version....