Windows 10: Can't uninstall optional features

Discus and support Can't uninstall optional features in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wanted to uninstall Notepad to install the UWP Notepad from the Microsoft Store, but Windows won't let me uninstall classic Notepad. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yavor_09, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Yavor_09 Win User

Can't uninstall optional features

I wanted to uninstall Notepad to install the UWP Notepad from the Microsoft Store, but Windows won't let me uninstall classic Notepad.

Can't uninstall optional features 14773590-85fe-4686-8ce2-c2f0421a5109?upload=true.png

Please help!!!

:)

Yavor_09, Aug 1, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Can't uninstall optional features :confused:

oli_ramsay, Aug 1, 2020
  3. How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Can't uninstall optional features

can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Can't uninstall optional features

1. Can't uninstall optional features - Similar Threads - Can't uninstall optional

2. I can't find wireless display option in optional features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find wireless display option in optional features: I can't find wireless display option in optional features And also in installed features https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-wireless-display-option-in-optional/b1e7e467-dd13-4474-874c-03866661bad5
  3. I can't find wireless display option in optional features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't find wireless display option in optional features: I can't find wireless display option in optional features And also in installed features https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-wireless-display-option-in-optional/b1e7e467-dd13-4474-874c-03866661bad5
  4. I can't find wireless display option in optional features

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to uninstall optional features with revo uninstaller ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to uninstall optional features with revo uninstaller ?: Hoe to to a clean uninstall win10 optional features using revo uninstaller ? It only show the apps to unstall but not optional features. 182875
  6. Can't uninstall optional updates...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't uninstall optional updates...: Hello, so yesterday I installed an optional update because it was forcing me to, so when I installed it I was doing all good, but I started playing CS:GO and I started crashing my games. Is there a way I can uninstall an optional update?...
  7. Windows update uninstalls optional features

Windows update uninstalls optional features: At our business we use several fonts that are now optional features they were not optional when we originally chose the fonts. Most updates uninstall the optional features, and we have to go back to reinstall fonts that we use every day. Is there a way to keep updates from...
  8. Uninstalling Optional features

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstalling Optional features: Hi. I want to uninstall Optional features, now that we can in W10 1903. But I dont want to "lose" Internet Explorer or Windows media player. I dont use this programs but IE is the only other browser that I have other than Firefox and Windows media player is the only other...
  9. Optional feature installation issue: can't Add any feature

Optional feature installation issue: can't Add any feature: Hi, community! I'm trying basically to Add Windows Media Player, When I'm trying to add it and when I do preform "install" - I click "back" and the progression is all gray, no progress. It's taking some time and the installation is finished (without any progression mark on...
  10. Can't uninstall English (GB) speech recognition from optional features

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't uninstall English (GB) speech recognition from optional features: I accidentally installed English (GB) speech recognition with the scroll wheel, and haven't been able to find any way to remove it. It's using valuable space on my SSD and I'd rather not have it, I don't intend to use speech recognition at all. You can see here in the...