Windows 10: Can't uninstall or remove a program, says invalid drive

Discus and support Can't uninstall or remove a program, says invalid drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. Last week i tried to run my Epic Games Launcher. It said Invalid Drive, so i proceeded to find the app in my drive, it was not there. So i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Federico Hill, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Can't uninstall or remove a program, says invalid drive

Hello.

Last week i tried to run my Epic Games Launcher. It said Invalid Drive, so i proceeded to find the app in my drive, it was not there. So i have tried several forms of removing, deleting, uninstalling or even repairing it but to no avail. I keep getting the same message:

Can't uninstall or remove a program, says invalid drive 0dbf4119-5262-4a85-9666-c7805d78cd28?upload=true.png

I don't have a drive H as you can see below

Can't uninstall or remove a program, says invalid drive 909e4a5d-2a45-44f7-a440-92b8ed63747d?upload=true.png

Is it possible i have a virus and my Kaspersky antivirus isn't working? I ran a scan last night and it gave the All clear sign.

Or is there a way to remove the failing program and reinstalling it? I tried downloading the program to remove apps from Microsoft and the link to download it appears not to be working correctly.

I appreciate any help.

Cheers

:)

Federico Hill, Aug 24, 2020

2. Removed hard drive, now a program won't install neither uninstall

Hello there people !

As the title says i have a issue with a program, in this case the program is VirtualBox.

"VirtualBox-5.0.6-103037-Win.exe" to be exact.

So i had VirtualBox installed on my drive Q:\ .

And so without uninstalling the programs i had in there i removed the HDD(Q:\) from my computer.

Realized i still needed VirtualBox so i downloaded the install and tried to install it.

To my surprise it alarms me saying "Invalid Drive: Q:\" and after clicking OK it sends me off to a premature finish of the install.

Giving me further a further error window once clicking finish.

In Programs and Functions it just says yet again "Invalid Drive Q:\" when i try to uninstall it.

Usually the Windows 10, works it's magic and manages to remove programs anyway so i can install them once again. But not this time.

This is what I've done to try fix it:

• Tried CCleaner's uninstall, delete, registry cleaner and the basic cleaner feature, nothing does the job.

Delete -> "Cannot delete MSI installer."

Uninstall -> "Invalid Drive: Q:\"
    • Got sent into a thread here about using subst Q: C:\ in CMD as admin. Still no progress on the issue.

I'm guessing something is broken in the registry and i don't know how that works so please help me.

My regards Crill

Christian Sjöström, Aug 24, 2020
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Can't uninstall or remove a program, says invalid drive :confused:

oli_ramsay, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Novrianus Win User

Can't uninstall or remove a program, says invalid drive

cant't uninstall program because the Hard drive is dead

recently one of my HDD ( drive H;\ ) gone dead, so i try to uninstall some of the program that was installed at drive H:\ so that i can install it again once i buy a new HDD, and this one, epic launcher, cannot be uninstalled, the error prompt is " Invalid
    drive H:\", so i try force remove it with register edit, delete the uninstall section, still came up at my listed program and still cannot be uninstall, try removing all of the Epic launcher register, but still came up at my listed program. any other solution?
    or do i really need to format my OS to remove this problem?

Novrianus, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Can't uninstall or remove a program, says invalid drive

1. Can't uninstall or remove a program, says invalid drive - Similar Threads - Can't uninstall remove

2. Can't uninstall programs as says need Administrator Rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall programs as says need Administrator Rights: Hello, I am only one administrator and user of my own laptop. However it appeared that i can not uninstall programs i recently downloaded a video editor which i no longer need. System keep telling me that i can not do it and Please contact your system administrator.I tried...
  3. Can't uninstall programs as says need Administrator Rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't uninstall programs as says need Administrator Rights: Hello, I am only one administrator and user of my own laptop. However it appeared that i can not uninstall programs i recently downloaded a video editor which i no longer need. System keep telling me that i can not do it and Please contact your system administrator.I tried...
  4. Can't Uninstall Invalid Drive: A:\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Uninstall Invalid Drive: A:\: I just downloaded the new Minecraft Launcher from the Xbox App. Now I am trying to uninstall the Old Launcher. But when I go and try to uninstall it. It gives me a pop up that says Invalid Drive: A:\ Any Ideas on how to uninstall it? I've tried Using the settings app and the...
  5. Can't Uninstall Invalid Drive: A:\

Can't Uninstall Invalid Drive: A:\: I just downloaded the new Minecraft Launcher from the Xbox App. Now I am trying to uninstall the Old Launcher. But when I go and try to uninstall it. It gives me a pop up that says Invalid Drive: A:\ Any Ideas on how to uninstall it? I've tried Using the settings app and the...
  6. Trying to uninstall a program " Invalid drive E:/"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to uninstall a program " Invalid drive E:/": I was trying to uninstall a program "specially epic games launcher" and it keeps giving me " Invalid drive E:/" I just have recently switched my drives over from 700 GB to 2 TB on my old drives it was "E" and now my two drives are "D" and "C" please any help!!! I've...
  7. uninstalling program from invalid drive D:

uninstalling program from invalid drive D:: To me happened the same thing but this solution didn't help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-invalid-drive-e/bf2926cc-1797-4bc1-95a5-d2685a98a8b1...
  8. Uninstalling program from invalid drive D:

Uninstalling program from invalid drive D:: To me happend the same thing that happend here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-invalid-drive-e/bf2926cc-1797-4bc1-95a5-d2685a98a8b1 I switched disks to create space and i cant uninstall epic games now but the solution that worked for...
  9. Can't uninstall program from non-existent, removed, dead drive.

Can't uninstall program from non-existent, removed, dead drive.: Trying to reinstall Epic Games Launcher. Previously installed on 2nd HD (E:) which died. Unsurprisingly I can't uninstall it because the drive doesn't exist. I have gone through several other support pages with how to try and get around this. They all point to doing it from...
  10. Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs

Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs: I bought a new ext HDD. I installed the included WD Discovery app. I was having trouble with the software, so I uninstalled. However, it somehow did an update at the same time. The app thinks it is installed on my computer, but add/remove says it is not. If I download the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant uninstal prgram as drive in incvaILD ?