Windows 10: Can't uninstall program from non-existent, removed, dead drive.

Discus and support Can't uninstall program from non-existent, removed, dead drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying to reinstall Epic Games Launcher. Previously installed on 2nd HD (E:) which died. Unsurprisingly I can't uninstall it because the drive doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChrisArthur2, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Can't uninstall program from non-existent, removed, dead drive.

Trying to reinstall Epic Games Launcher. Previously installed on 2nd HD (ECan't uninstall program from non-existent, removed, dead drive. :) which died. Unsurprisingly I can't uninstall it because the drive doesn't exist. I have gone through several other support pages with how to try and get around this. They all point to doing it from the Apps & Features tool basicly. I then tried a bit more brute force. I deleted all Epic games files found on the system drive (CCan't uninstall program from non-existent, removed, dead drive. :). Still showed, went into regedit and dug out all of the Epic Games that could be found. Still here.

So ?? is. Where the hell is that Epic Games Launcher (below) that Windows thinks should still be around located at? I can't open the location because it doesn't exist. Can't uninstall it. Can't locate it to delete it.

Thanks folks for any info.

Can't uninstall program from non-existent, removed, dead drive. 72513e35-1846-4e13-8436-bd0ec7e28c5b?upload=true.png

:)

ChrisArthur2, Nov 21, 2019

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Can't uninstall program from non-existent, removed, dead drive. :confused:

oli_ramsay, Nov 21, 2019
  3. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Can't uninstall program from non-existent, removed, dead drive.

How to remove non-existent device permanently?

Hi,

The drivers for your Touchpad is still installed in your PC that's why the device keeps reappearing. You may need to uninstall Touchpad in Device Manager. But since it doesn't appear in Device Manager, we suggest checking the hidden devices. Please follow
    the troubleshooting steps shared by Vikrant Yadav on this
    link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Can't uninstall program from non-existent, removed, dead drive.

1. Can't uninstall program from non-existent, removed, dead drive. - Similar Threads - Can't uninstall program

2. Non existent drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non existent drive: I had an external drive that failed and was removed from the system. It still shows in my explorer tree. I went to windows security and said to scan the non- existent drive expecting to get an "error" of some type. Instead, I got results that said it scanned 18103 files in 17...
  3. Non existent drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non existent drive: I had an external drive that failed and was removed from the system. It still shows in my explorer tree. I went to windows security and said to scan the non- existent drive expecting to get an "error" of some type. Instead, I got results that said it scanned 18103 files in 17...
  4. Non existent drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to remove uninstall program from Windows 10 - Program doesn't exists

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove uninstall program from Windows 10 - Program doesn't exists: I have a rather strange issue. I am trying to uninstall a program from my laptop. I uninstalled it once using Windows Apps and Features. After removing it I can see that, somewhere, in my laptop the program still exists. This prevents me from installing the newest version...
  6. Unable to remove uninstall program from Windows 10 - Program doesn't exists

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove uninstall program from Windows 10 - Program doesn't exists: I have a rather strange issue. I am trying to uninstall a program from my laptop. I uninstalled it once using Windows Apps and Features. After removing it I can see that, somewhere, in my laptop the program still exists. This prevents me from installing the newest version...
  7. Unable to remove uninstall program from Windows 10 - Program doesn't exists

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Threat found that can't be removed from a non existent file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Threat found that can't be removed from a non existent file: Hello, Windows Defender keeps giving me this warning. Please note that the file mentioned in the path doesn't exist anymore and whenever I select Actions > Remove, nothing happens. It worries me that it's "active and running" and I have no idea what to do to remove it. I...
  9. Can't uninstall or remove a program, says invalid drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't uninstall or remove a program, says invalid drive: Hello. Last week i tried to run my Epic Games Launcher. It said Invalid Drive, so i proceeded to find the app in my drive, it was not there. So i have tried several forms of removing, deleting, uninstalling or even repairing it but to no avail. I keep getting the same...
  10. cant't uninstall program because the Hard drive is dead

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant't uninstall program because the Hard drive is dead: recently one of my HDD ( drive H;\ ) gone dead, so i try to uninstall some of the program that was installed at drive H:\ so that i can install it again once i buy a new HDD, and this one, epic launcher, cannot be uninstalled, the error prompt is " Invalid drive H:\", so i...