Windows 10: Can't uninstall programs, computer is very slow and not shutting down properly

Discus and support Can't uninstall programs, computer is very slow and not shutting down properly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; iam very frustrated plz help me my windows installer i think its called it wont uninstall any downloaded programs it files are deleted but from control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by alyannasir, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Can't uninstall programs, computer is very slow and not shutting down properly

iam very frustrated plz help me my windows installer i think its called it wont uninstall any downloaded programs it files are deleted but from control panel nothing is also my laptop has beeen not shuting down correctly like it says shutting down and stays there then i hold the power button and force shut down also my laptop is getting very slow my laptop is 4gb ram x64 it sued to run my one specific game at 70 fps while recording a video im not lying now without video is 23 fps or even low plz need serious help my latptop deosnt charge without pluging in the charger it only works like that for the last year but with the same prob my laptop used to run games at 70 fps which is faster then orignal speed now max 23 fps? in a gap of 1 month but it get very slow ehen it shut dows suddenly

* Original title: serious help

:)

alyannasir, Oct 3, 2020

2. win 10 will not shut down properly

Hi Richard,

Usually, this issue occur due to outdated or corrupted device drivers, services or processes which are not shutting down properly, or third-party programs that prevents your computer to shut down properly. For better assistance, we'll be needing additional
    information:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this an error message Explorer\windows\settingsync\BackgroundUploadTask? If yes, where are you getting this message?
    • If possible, can you send us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. To run the Power troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Power
      and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Oct 3, 2020
  3. AA_685 Win User
    Program doesn`t uninstall properly.

So I uninstalled a program from the windows 10 settings app. After it finished it said that the uninstallation was successful. But the problem is that the program is still pined to my taskbar and I can still run it and it works perfectly fine. But the funny
    thing is, I can`t find the program anywhere else.

I can`t find it using windows search, there are no folders related to the program in program files, and it has completely disappeared from control panel or the settings app. Iobit uninstaller and ccleaner also couldn`t find the app. Restarting didn`t help
    either. But the app icon is still present on my taskbar, and when I click it, the program runs just fine. I can even find it running in the background using task manager. any ideas on how to get rid of the program ?

AA_685, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Can't uninstall programs, computer is very slow and not shutting down properly

can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Can't uninstall programs, computer is very slow and not shutting down properly

1. Can't uninstall programs, computer is very slow and not shutting down properly - Similar Threads - Can't uninstall programs

2. Computer Not Shutting Down Properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Not Shutting Down Properly: Going to have to look into this tomorrow, but I've noticed a few times recently that when I shut down it seems to shut the OS down and my monitor goes off and everything - but the computer stays on. The light on the front stays on and it still makes a noise and I have to then...
  3. Uninstall of a program on Window 10 is not possible or very slow.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall of a program on Window 10 is not possible or very slow.: Hello,I have DesignBuilder on my laptop and regularly I need to uninstall t in order to install a newer version. However, when I am trying to uninstall it now, it is very slow or impossible. As it is shown in the snapshot below, it is 66525 minutes left!...
  4. Asus Flipbook can't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus Flipbook can't shut down properly: After dropping my Asus Flipbook model UX461U, it can not shut down properly. By that, I mean whenever it shuts down, the fan is still running and I have to hold the power button down for an additional 5 seconds to turn it off.In addition to this, I noticed that:The computer...
  5. Not shutting down properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not shutting down properly: Hi, My machine, running windows 10 pro, 64 bit, does not shut down properly. I only realised recently that if I press a key, it fires back up. I have shut down in windows using the normal power function as usual and it's not set up to go into hibernation. I think it's been...
  6. Very slow booting and shutting down (tens of minutes)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow booting and shutting down (tens of minutes): When I turn off the computer, it takes appr 7 minutes(!) to show booting screen with an option to enter BIOS. During those 7 minutes, there is only a black screen with static (not blinking) underscore symbol. After those 9 minutes, the computer boots additional 2 minutes....
  7. Very slow booting and shutting down (tens of minutes)

in Windows 10 Support
    Very slow booting and shutting down (tens of minutes): When I turn off the computer, it takes appr 7 minutes(!) to show booting screen with an option to enter BIOS. During those 7 minutes, there is only a black screen with static (not blinking) underscore symbol. After those 9 minutes, the computer boots additional 2 minutes....
  8. Proper Shut Down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Proper Shut Down?: Hello, I have recently reinstalled my windows 10 pro(not sure if that's important info) after several years. The way I had my win 10 set up previously before this, was that when I go to turn the PC off, it clears everything. closes all apps and when I start it, I know I...
  9. Not shutting down properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Not shutting down properly: Hi all *Smile Bit of a strange problem with Windows 10 on my desktop - it doesn't seem to shut down properly. I get the usual 'shutting down' screen, but (sometimes) when it turns back on it's resumes at a stage maybe 30 seconds before I switched it off. For example, if I...
  10. I can't shut down properly.

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't shut down properly.: Hello. I am having a strange issue. When I first recieved my laptop, it was running Windows 7. I did the Windows 10 update, but found the boot time to be slow, so I installed Windows 10 from scratch (well, kind of. I left my Linux partitions [Which I installed long after I...