Windows 10: Can't uninstall Realtek Audio Drivers

Discus and support Can't uninstall Realtek Audio Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't get rid of the Realtek Audio Drivers on my PC it's really annoying. I've tried everything I uninstalled from control panel and uninstalled from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fus, Aug 3, 2015.

1. FUS
    fus Win User

Can't uninstall Realtek Audio Drivers

I can't get rid of the Realtek Audio Drivers on my PC it's really annoying. I've tried everything I uninstalled from control panel and uninstalled from device manager. When I do uninstall and restart my PC they're still there, can anyone help me?
    Can't uninstall Realtek Audio Drivers [​IMG]

:)

2. How to stop Realtek Audio drivers from installing on Windows 10?

I don't need the Realtek Audio drivers, so I uninstalled it, and installed a different set of drivers. I rebooted, everything was working fine, I checked Windows Update, and it was automatically downloading the drivers again. Why can't I tell it not to download
    those drivers? It messes up my audio setup.

Is there a way to stop the Realtek Audio drivers from downloading?

Rhettorical, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Dell XPS 13 9333: Sound stopped working in the middle of a video, now "no audio device installed" no matter what I try

As you can see from reading this thread, you have a couple of options:

1) Rolling back to the Windows driver (displayed as 'High Definition Audio Device' under 'Sound, video and game controllers' in Device Manager)

2) Using the Realtek driver (displayed as 'Realtek Audio' or 'Realtek High Definition Audio' under 'Sound, video and game controllers' in Device Manager)

If you can't see any of those options at the moment under 'Sound, video and game controllers' in Device Manager then it can be a bit of Catch 22 to get one of them to come back.

One option is try to uninstall the Realtek driver through the Control Panel (Control Panel->Programs->Uninstall a program). Select & uninstall 'Realtek High Definition Audio Driver' if it's listed.

If it's not listed then download and install the Realtek 6.0.1.7811 driver from the Realtek ftp site

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version - Page 87 - Windows 10 Forums

Even if you have problems with the Realtek driver (I have had some BSODs), once you have got it to appear in Device Manager you may be able to get it to roll back to the Windows driver.

SimonCornforth, Aug 3, 2015
  4. DJG
    DJG Win User

I tried too with the same annoying result. The best I found was to disable the two Realtek services in the Startup screen of the task manager - that got rid of the processes starting up. I also disabled the DTS service in Services.

5. stormy13 Win User
    Seeing as you have a Xonar DG, if you're not using the Realtek just disable it in the bios. that should also allow you to uninstall it.

stormy13, Aug 4, 2015
  6. Slugger Win User
    Why uninstall? Just install the newest drivers. Search for drivers with the hardware ID . Properties-> Details-> hardware IDs

Slugger, Aug 4, 2015
  7. FUS
    fus Win User
    Thanks I was able to uninstall

8. erpster4 Win User

any audio driver such as realtek should be un-installed through the Programs and Features control panel or the Sound, video and game controllers section of Device Manager, not the Audio inputs and outputs section of Device Manager.

if you are removing the realtek audio drivers thru Device Manager, expand the Sound, video and game controllers section, right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio, choose Uninstall AND check the checkbox that says "Delete the driver software for this device" (which is the most important step). Then restart the computer to complete the uninstallation.

erpster4, Aug 4, 2015
  9. DJG
    DJG Win User
    *DohThat did the trick. I should've knew ... *Rolleyes. I was uninstalling the audio devices.

10. DJG
    DJG Win User
    *Sad Sigh ... No, they got re-installed again. The drivers that wouldn't die ...*Shock

11. FUS
    fus Win User
    Disable your onboard sound in your bios

12. DJG
    DJG Win User
    But then I have no sound. I want to use the AMD driver that comes with my video card. So the only way to not use the Realtek drivers is to disable them in the Startup panel of Task Manager. Their processes no longer show up running.

13. Slugger Win User

I think your talking about AMD HD audio that comes with the AMD graphics card? That only works if you have an HDMI cable attached to your graphics card. It doesn't come out of your audio connector from your motherboard. The one you connect with your head phones.

Slugger, Aug 4, 2015
  14. DJG
    DJG Win User
    Ah! I was assuming - and we know what that does. OK, so it looks like it's just the base Microsoft driver managing the headphones / speakers. Thanks for the clarification. So I can get rid of that one too. I'm a tweak addict, not always a practical thing but fun.

Thema:

1. Can't uninstall Realtek Audio Drivers - Similar Threads - Can't uninstall Realtek

2. Can't install realtek audio driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install realtek audio driver: When i install realtek audio driver, it will not show itself in the device manager, so i can't use in-ear headset. I have windows 11 My motherboard is - TUF GAMING Z590-PLUS WIFI....
  3. Can't install realtek audio driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install realtek audio driver: When i install realtek audio driver, it will not show itself in the device manager, so i can't use in-ear headset. I have windows 11 My motherboard is - TUF GAMING Z590-PLUS WIFI....
  4. Realtek Driver Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Driver Uninstalled: I was just watching YouTube, when suddenly my WiFi disappeared. I clicked on the area on the taskbar where there is WiFi, sound and battery together, and I didn't see the WiFi. I troubleshooted, then it said " Realtek random letters and numbersdriver adapter is facing...
  5. Realtek Driver Uninstalled

Realtek Driver Uninstalled: I was just watching YouTube, when suddenly my WiFi disappeared. I clicked on the area on the taskbar where there is WiFi, sound and battery together, and I didn't see the WiFi. I troubleshooted, then it said " Realtek random letters and numbersdriver adapter is facing...
  6. Is there a way to do a clean uninstall of the Realtek Audio driver?

Is there a way to do a clean uninstall of the Realtek Audio driver?: So I've been having problems with my audio drivers for the past 5 days, when I enter my device manager I get 2 different errors randomly:*This device cannot start. Code 10 {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful.*This device cannot start. Code 10...
  7. Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers.

Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers.: I don't like the Realtek drivers. I want them gone from my laptop. Here's what I've tried so far:Uninstall from Device Manager: But the Drivers get automatically re-installed somehow. I don't know why. Am I not allowed to choose my drivers?Remove permissions to the Realtek...
  8. Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers.: I don't like the Realtek drivers. I want them gone from my laptop. Here's what I've tried so far:Uninstall from Device Manager: But the Drivers get automatically re-installed somehow. I don't know why. Am I not allowed to choose my drivers?Remove permissions to the Realtek...
  9. Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Realtek Audio Driver Accidentally uninstalled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Driver Accidentally uninstalled: I was trying to reinstall my realtek audio driver but I accidentally completely uninstalled it, I found a 5 year old thread on the topic but the link from the answer is now not working, my laptop is a dell inspiron 15 5568 windows 10, if you need more information about it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant uninstall realtek high definition audio

2. already uninstall realtek but still appear

3. uninstall realtek audio driver win 10

4. not able to uninstall window drivers,
  5. cant uninstall realtek audio driver,
  6. i am trying to remove a program called Realtek from my PC www.windowsphoneinfo.com,
  7. cant uninstall amd high definition audio,
  8. not able to uninstall realtek audio driver,
  9. cant uninstall realtek driver in windows 10,
  10. uninstall realtek