Windows 10: Can't uninstall/reinstall app after corrupting the data. Unable to delete folder.

Discus and support Can't uninstall/reinstall app after corrupting the data. Unable to delete folder. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I tried to move an app (more specifically Gears 5, a game from the Xbox app) to another drive via the "Apps and Features" menu. It was taking forever,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Isaiahb0, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Isaiahb0 Win User

Can't uninstall/reinstall app after corrupting the data. Unable to delete folder.

I tried to move an app (more specifically Gears 5, a game from the Xbox app) to another drive via the "Apps and Features" menu. It was taking forever, and didn't display a progress bar, so I gave up and reset my PC thinking I would try again. Instead, the app has disappeared from the Apps & Features menu, and now any attempt to go back into the Xbox app and reinstall/redownload the game results in an error code (0x00000001), which I assume is because there is still a folder for Gears 5 in the "windowsapps" folder on both drives. Can't uninstall/reinstall app after corrupting the data. Unable to delete folder. 6551a960-10a5-401a-8f44-f2207bdc0d69?upload=true.png

It appears the Gears folder (HalifaxBaseGame) is empty, as it says it has 0 bytes in the folder. But it's still causing a problem with the Xbox app. I've tried restarting my computer, reinstalling the Xbox app, etc. The only thing I can think would work would actually be a really easy fix: deleting HalifaxBaseGame and starting over. HOWEVER, for some reason every time I try to delete, or even access the folder, it gives me this error message:

Can't uninstall/reinstall app after corrupting the data. Unable to delete folder. 0ed0a0a5-d3da-4c52-bacd-bfc05771f2e9?upload=true.png

I am at my wits end here, and am absolutely BAFFLED by the amount of extra security and permissions that accompany all WindowsApps now. This should be such an easy fix!!!! But here I am, unable to delete a 0 byte folder and reinstall a game because of (what I assume is) some convoluted silly permission system Windows has implemented.

Update: Even trying to install to a COMPLETELY new drive (not the one that the game was previously installed on, and not the one that I tried to move it to) yields the same 0x0000001 error!!! How????

PLEASE HELP ME

:)

Isaiahb0, Sep 8, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yes, the install was corrupted the first time you tried to install it most likely. Now the system does believe it is installed and/or can't find the Uninstaller; however, the program scanner can still find the program folder.

Does the software work and just listed repeated? If so, use CCleaner. Under tools and Uninstaller (I think) you can delete the install listing with uninstalling anything.

If the software does not work, then you are going to have to start the uninstaller from something else like Ccleaner, directly from the program folder, or some other third party app. Then reinstall the software after a restart.

If that fails. Delete the program folder and user folder (Optional). Then run the uninstaller. It will say software not installed...blah blah, remove this listing? Click Yes. Then restart, reinstall.

TheLaughingMan, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Can't uninstall/reinstall app after corrupting the data. Unable to delete folder.

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can't uninstall/reinstall app after corrupting the data. Unable to delete folder. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can't uninstall/reinstall app after corrupting the data. Unable to delete folder. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Can't uninstall/reinstall app after corrupting the data. Unable to delete folder.

1. Can't uninstall/reinstall app after corrupting the data. Unable to delete folder. - Similar Threads - Can't uninstall reinstall

2. can't reinstall Discord after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't reinstall Discord after uninstalling: Hi i can't reinstall Discord after uninstalling it and don't know what to do to fix it,i've tried some things i've seen online but i can't get it to work.This is the message i get when trying to reinstall it.the procedure entry point av_buffer_create could not be located in...
  3. Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall: File Explorer keeps freezing when trying to open a Word files stored on Sharepoint/OneDrive.I uninstalled OneDrive hoping to reinstall.Now OneDrive will not reinstall.And Chrome won't work.Windows Update shows that the computer is up to date.64-bit operating systemEdition...
  4. Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall

Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall: File Explorer keeps freezing when trying to open a Word files stored on Sharepoint/OneDrive.I uninstalled OneDrive hoping to reinstall.Now OneDrive will not reinstall.And Chrome won't work.Windows Update shows that the computer is up to date.64-bit operating systemEdition...
  5. OneDrive installation is corrupted and can't be uninstalled or reinstalled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive installation is corrupted and can't be uninstalled or reinstalled.: Hi,I have OneDrive installed, and somehow the installation got corrupted. It will only show the tray icon and when clicking it, it's just white and I can't do anything.So I thought I just reinstall OneDrive. But when trying to uninstall via Apps, I get the message:...
  6. OneDrive installation is corrupted and can't be uninstalled or reinstalled.

OneDrive installation is corrupted and can't be uninstalled or reinstalled.: Hi,I have OneDrive installed, and somehow the installation got corrupted. It will only show the tray icon and when clicking it, it's just white and I can't do anything.So I thought I just reinstall OneDrive. But when trying to uninstall via Apps, I get the message:...
  7. Unable to reinstall Bluetooth after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reinstall Bluetooth after uninstalling: This is my first time making a post and it is my last-ditch effort to try and resolve the issue on my own instead of having to bring my entire PC to a repair shop. So what happened is this: I have not used Bluetooth on my PC for quite a long time, and my PC is a custom one I...
  8. Unable to reinstall Bluetooth after uninstalling

Unable to reinstall Bluetooth after uninstalling: This is my first time making a post and it is my last-ditch effort to try and resolve the issue on my own instead of having to bring my entire PC to a repair shop. So what happened is this: I have not used Bluetooth on my PC for quite a long time, and my PC is a custom one I...
  9. Unable to reinstall Bluetooth after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Can't uninstall corrupted files in windowsapp folders

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't uninstall corrupted files in windowsapp folders: [ATTACH] Trying to uninstall these folders in order to re-install the apps causes windows to tell me I need permission from "SYSTEM". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-corrupted-files-in-windowsapp/b64559fd-af5d-4ac7-8519-e31a8188fa81"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant delete sea of thieves under deleted folder