Windows 10: Can't uninstall strange app

Discus and support Can't uninstall strange app in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HiI can't uninstall strange app which change name between numbers and chinese letters. Do i even need uninstall that app and how I can do it, if need?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Spradasd, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Spradasd Win User

Can't uninstall strange app

HiI can't uninstall strange app which change name between numbers and chinese letters. Do i even need uninstall that app and how I can do it, if need? I have run virus scan and no can't found it and I have done system recovery.

:)

Spradasd, Feb 28, 2024
  2. rezpower Win User

Uninstall or change a program (Some installed apps not listed) !

Hi guys and thanks for your replies.
    As you suggested Irene I have them listed in "All apps" but it's still not normal not having them listed in windows 10 uninstall app!
    And Roy Computer>C>Users>yourname>appdata>local has all the apps that are currently in " Uninstall or change a program" but
    the apps that are not there are not in this folder either!
    Anyway I find this to be a strange behavior on windows 10 (never had this with any other version). Is this a bug? anyone else have this problem?

rezpower, Feb 28, 2024
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Can't uninstall strange app :confused:

oli_ramsay, Feb 28, 2024
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Unable to uninstall an app on Windows 10

Hello dayhiker4k,

First, I went ahead and moved this thread to the appropriate category, so no need to worry about that. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Regarding your concern, I have listed below the most basic steps on how to uninstall a program on Windows 10 via settings. Try it out and see if it helps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Select the program, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

If the above step won't work, I suggest that you check with Webroot's support website for steps on how to completely uninstall their programs. Some anti-virus apps require certain permissions, or may have have different steps to perform in order to completely
    take it out of the system.

If you're still having trouble uninstalling the app, the last resort that I can share to you is to uninstall it using
    Command Prompt. Follow the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar from
    this link and let us know the outcome.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

1. Can't uninstall strange app - Similar Threads - Can't uninstall strange

2. Can't uninstall strange app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't uninstall strange app: HiI can't uninstall strange app which change name between numbers and chinese letters. Do i even need uninstall that app and how I can do it, if need? I have run virus scan and no can't found it and I have done system recovery....
  3. App with strange size and name can't be uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App with strange size and name can't be uninstalled: When I checked the Apps in Settings, I found a 2.7TB app with Chinese name, later when i restarted the laptop the app's name was in Chinese, again but with new characters and when I closed the Settings and came back it was the unnamed app again. My disk size is far from TB...
  4. App with strange size and name can't be uninstalled

App with strange size and name can't be uninstalled: When I checked the Apps in Settings, I found a 2.7TB app with Chinese name, later when i restarted the laptop the app's name was in Chinese, again but with new characters and when I closed the Settings and came back it was the unnamed app again. My disk size is far from TB...
  5. I can't uninstall an app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't uninstall an app: HI!I need to free some space from my C Disk. When trying to uninstall some apps I have this one that I can't uninstall and says its size is 2.54TB. It's really bothering me and I was wondering if it's afecting my PC performance.Thanks!...
  6. Can't uninstall apps

Can't uninstall apps: Sorry for the choppy info I don't know much about computers but im having some trouble. I'm running windows 11 and i recently went to uninstall discord but each time I do, i'm met with this prompt. This happens when i Windows+R and try to run %appdata% as well....
  7. Can't uninstall apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall apps: Sorry for the choppy info I don't know much about computers but im having some trouble. I'm running windows 11 and i recently went to uninstall discord but each time I do, i'm met with this prompt. This happens when i Windows+R and try to run %appdata% as well....
  8. Can't uninstall or update apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't uninstall or update apps: Hi,Each time i try to uninstall an app, i get taking to a "how do you want to open this file" prompt. I tried with multiple apps and it says the same thing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-or-update-apps/ab12c628-e24c-4b4b-af43-20825d279538
  9. Can't Uninstall An App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Uninstall An App: Amazon has a downloadable app called Kindle Create. No matter how many times I uninstall it, it won't install. I know this because I test it. I enter "Kindle Create" in the search bar and it shows up. How do I get rid of it?...
  10. I can't uninstall an app!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't uninstall an app!: My younger brother tried downloading "Fortnite" on my laptop and downloaded "Epic Games Launcher" and I tried uninstalling it but it just says that it is running and the Setup Wizard cannot continue. I have looked all over my laptop and it is not open anywhere. I do not know...