Windows 10: Cant uninstall WindowsApp files after windows reinstallation

Discus and support Cant uninstall WindowsApp files after windows reinstallation in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i have a big issue. I had several WindowsApp folders on different drives. I reinstalled my Operating System to fix several issues and now Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/T_Eighteen, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Cant uninstall WindowsApp files after windows reinstallation

So i have a big issue. I had several WindowsApp folders on different drives. I reinstalled my Operating System to fix several issues and now Windows store doesnt detect those installed games and when i go to change the windows apps install location it asks me to delete the apps already in that folder, i click yes but it doesn't delete them.

Tried changing permissions to access the folders to delete the installed games but even then it says i don't have permission to do so So now im stuck with useless games that i cant play and which is taking up nearly 100Gb of storage.

How can i override the windows permissions to delete the games?

submitted by /u/T_Eighteen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/T_Eighteen, Jan 6, 2020

2. WINDOWSAPPS FILE

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution regarding your WindowsApps folder issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Send us a screenshot of your WindowsApps and WindowsAppsOld folders so that we can double check the issue.
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 6, 2020
  3. jpierce55 Win User
    Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Cant uninstall WindowsApp files after windows reinstallation

uninstall/reinstall

Hi Patricia,

There are several reasons why your game can't be uninstall. It's either the programs are not properly installed, or there are missing and corrupted files on your operating system. To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps to resolve your
    concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What is the name of the game that you want to uninstall then reinstall?
    • How did you install this game?
    We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Cant uninstall WindowsApp files after windows reinstallation

1. Cant uninstall WindowsApp files after windows reinstallation - Similar Threads - Cant uninstall WindowsApp

2. Uninstall and restore it after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall and restore it after reinstalling Windows.: This is a new topic, as the previous one was not answered.I have a question about regedit and uninstall. It has the following path: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\". So, does it make sense to export the entire Unistall...
  3. Uninstall and restore it after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall and restore it after reinstalling Windows.: This is a new topic, as the previous one was not answered.I have a question about regedit and uninstall. It has the following path: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\". So, does it make sense to export the entire Unistall...
  4. Uninstall and restore it after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problems with WindowsApps folder after Windows 11 reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with WindowsApps folder after Windows 11 reinstall: Hi!I have a very annoying problem. A couple of months back I had to reinstall Windows 11 after a driver error.I have 3 drives:C - m.2 ssd for the systemD - a 2TB HDD for gamesE - a 2TB HDD for movies and other stuffBefore the reinstall I had games from the Xbox app installed...
  6. Problems with WindowsApps folder after Windows 11 reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with WindowsApps folder after Windows 11 reinstall: Hi!I have a very annoying problem. A couple of months back I had to reinstall Windows 11 after a driver error.I have 3 drives:C - m.2 ssd for the systemD - a 2TB HDD for gamesE - a 2TB HDD for movies and other stuffBefore the reinstall I had games from the Xbox app installed...
  7. Issues with WindowsApps folder after Windows 10 reinstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with WindowsApps folder after Windows 10 reinstall: Needed to reinstall Windows to fix various issues and just to have a fresh system install. My previous install saved all windows apps and Xbox games to my secondary D: drive. I unplugged this drive and reinstalled Windows via the Media Creation Tool. I plugged this drive...
  8. Can't uninstall corrupted files in windowsapp folders

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't uninstall corrupted files in windowsapp folders: [ATTACH] Trying to uninstall these folders in order to re-install the apps causes windows to tell me I need permission from "SYSTEM". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-corrupted-files-in-windowsapp/b64559fd-af5d-4ac7-8519-e31a8188fa81"
  9. Cant print pdf files after reinstalling windows 10 ...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant print pdf files after reinstalling windows 10 ...: Hi All , Can print everything except adobe pdf Have reinstalled Canon Drivers Help !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-print-pdf-files-after-reinstalling-windows-10/9a3a5ca2-d874-41b8-92d2-9edf7606bea2
  10. Mcafee reinstalls files after uninstall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mcafee reinstalls files after uninstall: Hi, Yesterday, I used Revo Uninstaller to remove McAfee. I used the advanced mode to get all the deeply embedded pieces of it. But today, when I check the Task Manager, I saw a bunch of McAfee programs running in the background. It doesn't appear that they're taking up any...