Windows 10: Can't "unlink" local Music folder from OneDrive Music folder. Tried many KB:s and...

Discus and support Can't "unlink" local Music folder from OneDrive Music folder. Tried many KB:s and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Situation: Something made my Local Music folder point to the OneDrive Music folder. I now want to "unlink" my Local Music folder back to being only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bo W, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Bo W Win User

Can't "unlink" local Music folder from OneDrive Music folder. Tried many KB:s and...

Situation: Something made my Local Music folder point to the OneDrive Music folder. I now want to "unlink" my Local Music folder back to being only local.

I tried (of course) the simple way of using properties of the local Music folder and changing the location back to default %USERPROFILE%\Music

The error I got was "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied."

I then followed instructions in

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2936105/operation-to-change-a-personal-folder-location-fails-in-windows

and verified that the "My Music" key really was %USERPROFILE%\Music (which it was). That is also the path I get when I press the "Go back to default location" button.

But even so, the permission error persists. I have turned off OneDrive, but same result.

I have deleted both the local and the Onedrive Music folders (but they come back again mysteriously after a few seconds) and tried to go back to the default Local location, but the same error stubbornly persists.

So, it seems as I can't in any civilized way unlink my Local Music folder from the Music Folder in OneDrive.

I have tried many ways to ensure that the local "My Music" folder ONLY points to %USERPROFILE%\Music, but after (several) reboots, it is still hard glued to the OneDrive Music Folder.

Do you have any sensible suggestion?

BR // Bo W

:)

2. Music Folder Behaving Badly in OneDrive

Hi Robert,

There is a possibility that the Music folder is synced to your OneDrive that is why any files deleted from either of the folders is synced to the other. For us to better assist you with the said folder, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• Can you please provide a screenshot of the Music folder from the OneDrive folder and home folder?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you were advised to do?
    We will wait for your quick response.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 19, 2019
  3. OneDrive music folder music not synced to Groove Music

Hi Alan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are unable to sync Onedrive music folder with Groove Music app and Groove Music Web Player. I will certainly help you.

I recommend you to add the Onedrive music files to Music folder (Navigate to
    This PC
    > Music) on the PC and then launch the
    Groove Music Web Player, check if it lists the songs.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to move the Folder from the location to the
    Default Library Music folder and check if the Groove app
    syncs them.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Can't "unlink" local Music folder from OneDrive Music folder. Tried many KB:s and...

OneDrive music folder music not synced to Groove Music

I recently moved my original music folder out of my OneDrive. The original music folder worked great before I moved it out. I then moved it back to OneDrive, and now non, not even the music that worked before appear in the Groove Music app (both Windows
    10 PC and Android) and Groove Music Web Player. I've tried renaming the folder, moving it out and back and creating a new folder. Non of these works. Please help.

AlanHsu117, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Can't "unlink" local Music folder from OneDrive Music folder. Tried many KB:s and...

1. Can't "unlink" local Music folder from OneDrive Music folder. Tried many KB:s and... - Similar Threads - Can't unlink local

2. Music folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music folders: I tried to download an Video converter and download / in stalled Uni converter. I noted disappointing results. I uninstalled immediately as a Player was also installed, Everywhere all sites have been removed, Now when I open an Video or a Music file I receive following...
  3. Music folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music folders: I tried to download an Video converter and download / in stalled Uni converter. I noted disappointing results. I uninstalled immediately as a Player was also installed, Everywhere all sites have been removed, Now when I open an Video or a Music file I receive following...
  4. I can't unlink pictures folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't unlink pictures folder from OneDrive: Hi,I need to unlink my pictures from OneDrive because my art software doesn't support the file as they have their own version of backing things up to the cloud. I tried going into my OneDrive to unlink my Pictures folder, but all I received was an error that said"The folder...
  5. Accidentally made the Music folder OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally made the Music folder OneDrive folder: Was sorting OneDrive issues as OneDrive was on C Drive & D Drive for some reason on PCMoving all to D Drive and wanted to point Music Folder to D Drive as well When I did this the Music folder became the OneDrive Folder...
  6. Accidentally made the Music folder OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally made the Music folder OneDrive folder: Was sorting OneDrive issues as OneDrive was on C Drive & D Drive for some reason on PCMoving all to D Drive and wanted to point Music Folder to D Drive as well When I did this the Music folder became the OneDrive Folder...
  7. Unlink Local Documents folder from OneDrive

Unlink Local Documents folder from OneDrive: Currently, my local Documents folder is my OneDrive's Documents folder. I want a separate and LOCAL Documents folder along with my cloud saved OneDrive Documents folder. The Documents folder is present in C:\users\___, but it is not the default folder used for documents....
  8. Can't unlink local Music folder from OneDrive Music folder

Can't unlink local Music folder from OneDrive Music folder: Hoping DaveM121 is there as he has helped with a similar problem Dave Can I ask for more help please I have a Music folder which is linked to Onedrive and having unlinked Onedrive I thought this would go away Having looked up another thread you helped with it seems my...
  9. Accidental merge of OneDrive and Music folders

Accidental merge of OneDrive and Music folders: I tried to move Windows Music folder into OneDrive (so that it will be backed up) and instead of choosing D:\onedrive\music I chose D:\onedrive so they somehow merged. Now the onedrive folder has a music (note) icon and contains what onedrive used to contain. How can I...
  10. wmp onedrive music and folder issue

wmp onedrive music and folder issue: So trying to remove onedrive music folder and can not delete, takeover or move the onedrive path. I have created a new music folder in the c:/users/user/Music and copied all of the music folders to that directory. The desktop shortcut still points to Thispc/Music with the...