Windows 10: Can't Unlock BitLocker Encrypted Folders Windows 10

Discus and support Can't Unlock BitLocker Encrypted Folders Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have a few folders that I have encrypted with BitLocker which are on a secondary drive. I encrypted those folders using Windows 10 Enterprise and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ����������.1, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Can't Unlock BitLocker Encrypted Folders Windows 10

So I have a few folders that I have encrypted with BitLocker which are on a secondary drive. I encrypted those folders using Windows 10 Enterprise and I have the key for it, but I can't seem to find out how to unlock it using my Windows 10 Home. I can't use any of those files inside the encrypted folders. The entire drive is not encrypted. Just two folders which contain subfolders and files.

:)

����������.1, Sep 19, 2019
  2. Viruzz Win User

HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Please help,
    Looking for a way( script or maybe some unknown windows command or registry hack) to automatically unlock a non OS BitLocker encrypted drive on Log-In.

My situation: Right now my OS SSD Samsung 840 Evo has a boot password, its not Bios option nor windows eDrive but the third one, the one you need 3rd party software to activate it, had to purchase EMBASSY Security Center to do it.
    No issues here, the OS drive is locked and encrypted.

One of My HDD Drives is encrypted with Bitlocker, so every time my PC is booted, I need to enter windows log-in password and then open my computer and enter another password to unlock the drive.
    Whats worse is that unlike the SSD that needs unlock password only after full shutdown the Bitlocker needs it every log-in.

Windows has an option to Automaticlly unlock all BitLocker drives on boot, BUT the issue here is that this official option only works if your OS drive is also BitLocker encrypted and then log-in password unlocks everything.

Im looking for maybe a windows Script or some Hidden command to automatically unlock the BitLocker drive.

Even if it Sounds insecure like having the actual password somewhere in the registry, text file or script I dont care because the OS drive is encrypted and passworded.
    Also I have a TPM chip I can encrypt any file/folder so even if file is copied from my PC when its fully unlocked the files wont be readable anywhere unless unencrypted before.

If its important im on 8.1 pro 64bit

P.S. If there is no solution for my problem then my only choice is when windows 10 comes out to do a clean install on another Samsung 840 Evo that was previously cleared and eDrive option enabled

Thanks in advance.

Viruzz, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Failure to unlock BitLocker encrypted HD after new windows 10 installation

Hello Kostas,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your
    operating system drive (the drive where Windows is installed), a
    fixed data drive (such as an internal hard drive), or a
    removable data drive
    (such as a USB flash drive).

The way you unlock an encrypted drive depends on two things:

• What kind of drive it is.
    • What kind of unlock method you chose when you set up BitLocker on the drive.
    I suggest you to refer to the following article and check if it helps.

Unlock a BitLocker-protected drive

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Can't Unlock BitLocker Encrypted Folders Windows 10

Can't unlock Bitlocker Encrypted Drive

I have a Bitlocker encrypted external HDD without any OS installed in it. I plugged it to pc with usb then i unlocked my drive on Win10 with my password as usual then i was copying the data from my unlocked
    Bitlocker encrypted drive to another non-encrypted drive. Then power cut suddenly. After that i can't access my Bitlocker encrypted drive anymore.

-When i try to unlock that drive from Windows Explorer pop-up says "Encryption on this drive is not compatible with your Windows. Try to unlock it with newer version of Windows." without password and recoverypassword/recoverykey
    input options. But my Win10 is fully updated (1703)

-Tried Win7 popup came without asking any password "Failed to unlock the drive. No protector keys found in this drive."

-I also tried manage-bde -bitlockerdrive -protectors -get the output is "ERROR: No key protectors found". But drive seems like encrypted already.

-I tried repair-bde with 48 digits recovery password for recovering data to another HDD. Recovery done without any errors. Then did "chkdsk
    outputdrive: /f" it says "File system is NTFS. The first NTFS boot sector is unreadable or corrupt. Reading second NTFS boot sector instead. Unable to determine volume version and state. CHKDSK aborted." The disk shown as RAW and i can't access it.

-After that i also tried thirdparty recovery tools for recovering data on the drive that created after repair-bde (decrypted RAW one). I recovered all my files without any corruption. But all of them shown
    as RAW files and had randomized names without folder structure. Somehow repair-bde can't transfer folder structure. I tried thirdparty recovery tools on unaccessable Bitlocker encrypted drive. It listed all my files with correct file names and folders. So
    folder structure on encrypted drive is not corrupted i think but i can't recover them because they are encrypted and i can't open any file. I need folder structure, my files are too dispersed. What is the solution ? Thanks.

cem.albayrak, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Can't Unlock BitLocker Encrypted Folders Windows 10

1. Can't Unlock BitLocker Encrypted Folders Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't Unlock BitLocker

2. failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive: failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive with error "resetting your protector failed for an unknown reason"I have recovery key, but still failed...
  3. failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive: failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive with error "resetting your protector failed for an unknown reason"I have recovery key, but still failed...
  4. failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to unlock a Bitlocker encrypted folder on a external drive using the recovery key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock a Bitlocker encrypted folder on a external drive using the recovery key?: Years ago I encrypted a folder on my hard drive with Bitlocker and saved the bitlocker certificate. But somehow I lost the certificate file that I used to unlock the folder by installing it. However, I have the Bitlocker Recovery key to that folder. I tried googling but...
  6. Forgot local admin password and can't unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forgot local admin password and can't unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive: I have a two-pronged issue: I forgot the password for the main local admin account I use. I have a second admin account and I believe I know that password but I don't know how to sign in with it. I use my Microsoft account to sign in. Second, I have a Bitlocker-encypted...
  7. How to unlock hard drive encrypted with BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to unlock hard drive encrypted with BitLocker: I don’t remember the password and cannot unlock the hard drive. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-hard-drive-encrypted-with-bitlocker/08678428-f8fd-436f-9512-81369fef0fab
  8. Unlock BitLocker Encrypted Fixed or Removable Data Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Unlock BitLocker Encrypted Fixed or Removable Data Drive in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the OS, Fixed & Removable drives that addresses threats of unauthorized access. In this post, we show you how to use password or recovery key to unlock a drive [...] This post...
  9. BitLocker encrypted drive not unlocking with recovery key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BitLocker encrypted drive not unlocking with recovery key: I encrypted an external hard drive a while ago and have since forgotten the password. I have the 48 digit recovery key saved to my computer as a notepad document. The problem I am having is that when I enter the 48 digit recovery key to unlock the drive nothing happens. No...
  10. Unlock OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Unlock OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10: How to: Unlock OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10 How to Unlock an OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10 [img] Information BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and addresses the threats of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I CANT UNLOCK BITLOCKER IN MYCOPUTER