Windows 10: Can't unlock laptop , can't reset from lock screen

Discus and support Can't unlock laptop , can't reset from lock screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When trying to log in it says , 'Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.' but when i click the link to set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jess Whit, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Jess Whit Win User

Can't unlock laptop , can't reset from lock screen

When trying to log in it says , 'Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.' but when i click the link to set up the PIN it either takes me back to the lock screen, tells me to search for app in the store before also taking me back to the lock screen or says 'System detected an overrun of stack based buffer in this application'. I searched for hours for different solutions to this but none have worked. I have enabled safe mode with no change, and when I go onto troubleshoot to reset the computer there are only two options available, neither of which are th

:)

Jess Whit, Oct 28, 2022
  2. vNokFan Win User

Unlocking Lumia 900 on AT&T

1. I sent a Nokia Lumia 900 purchased a AT&T store to my family back home in India. It was purchased at full price unlocked – no contract.

• When they tried to use the phone in India, it was locked to AT&T.
    • I reached out to AT&T Customer support which said they can provide the unlock code if I sent them the IMEI
    • I sent them the IMEI, at which point they said this phone could not be unlocked.
    • When I spoke to the supervisor, I got a different story .i.e., the phone needed to be kept locked for 6 months as Nokia had instructed them to do so, and Nokia was refusing to release the unlock codes.
    • After several escalations, I was promised an unlock code in 7 days.
    • After 21 days and several phone calls, I finally got the unlock code
    • The unlock code did not work
    • I advised my family to take the phone to the Nokia Service Center in India (Bangalore)
    • They tried unlocking the phone . . and said that the code from AT&T/Nokia was wrong.
    • I called AT&T and they said that it was Nokia who must have provided the wrong code
    • Called Nokia complaints and they said they have no control/responsibility whatsover for the phone and that I should call AT&T.
    • The Nokia person refused to share his name, escalate to a supervisor, or prove the address where I can send a complaint to. Basically said Nokia wants nothing to do with Lumia 900 in US . it is an AT&T Issue.

I invested a lot of energy to convince my family away from an iPhone and try a windows phone instead.

With friends (ATT, Nokia ) like these, who needs competition ?

vNokFan, Oct 28, 2022
  3. anttier Win User
    US Best Buy AT&T SIM locked -> call AT&T to get unlock software

Hello all,

I got an AT&T SIM locked Booklet from US Best Buy. I called AT&T and after few calls they managed to give a simlockremover.exe software and unlock code for the 3G chip in my laptop. With the software I got it unlocked and can now use my local network operators
    sim card.

Best luck!

anttier, Oct 28, 2022
  4. KavLal Win User

Unlocking Lumia 900 on AT&T

Hey dude, I have gone through this same frustration last month. There is a solution explained by Ramee in the same forum. It works. and I Just tried it and got it unlocked. Just run out of all your 10 attempts then it asks for PUK code with 32 attempts.
    then enter the same code that att gave you. it works like a charm. Enjoy. I hope this helps.

KavLal, Oct 28, 2022
Thema:

1. Can't unlock laptop , can't reset from lock screen - Similar Threads - Can't unlock laptop

2. Authenticator app locked and can't unlock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator app locked and can't unlock: authenticator app locked and can't unlock. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/authenticator-app-locked-and-cant-unlock/ea0df078-4bdd-4292-906a-e4e460e099fb
  3. Authenticator app locked and can't unlock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authenticator app locked and can't unlock: authenticator app locked and can't unlock. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/authenticator-app-locked-and-cant-unlock/ea0df078-4bdd-4292-906a-e4e460e099fb
  4. Authenticator app locked and can't unlock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Cannot unlock lock screen on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot unlock lock screen on laptop: Microsoft11Lock Screen cannot be opened … pin reset button not working.. and it’s asking for a password with hint angel and I don’t recall this information. Need to reset pin and password to open Lock Screen....
  6. Cannot unlock lock screen on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot unlock lock screen on laptop: Microsoft11Lock Screen cannot be opened … pin reset button not working.. and it’s asking for a password with hint angel and I don’t recall this information. Need to reset pin and password to open Lock Screen....
  7. Can't unlock laptop , can't reset from lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't unlock laptop , can't reset from lock screen: When trying to log in it says , 'Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.' but when i click the link to set up the PIN it either takes me back to the lock screen, tells me to search for app in the store before also taking me back to the...
  8. OneDrive Locked - Can't Be Unlocked

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneDrive Locked - Can't Be Unlocked: I try to connect to my OneDrive and get a message that it's locked. Okay, so I follow the directions to unlock it. I get to the screen where it says to enter my cell phone number to get a code to unlock. I enter my cell number, press the 'Send Code' link - and nothing. It...
  9. Can't Unlock my laptop as keyboard and touchpad both are not working on my lock screen....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Unlock my laptop as keyboard and touchpad both are not working on my lock screen....: I un-installed and installed a mouse driver on my laptop. Everything was working fine, but when I restarted my windows, screen becomes unresponsive and mouse cursor is not visible, touchpad is not working and keyboard keys are also not responding, I tried external mouse and...
  10. WORD document "Locked for editing." Can't unlock it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WORD document "Locked for editing." Can't unlock it.: I’m working on a document in Microsoft WORD. I just opened it and it says “Locked for editing.” So I can’t do anything with it, and I don’t know how to unlock it. The WORD program I’m using is I think WORD 2003. At least I know it’s old, but it has been working perfectly all...