Windows 10: Can't Unlock my laptop as keyboard and touchpad both are not working on my lock screen....

Discus and support Can't Unlock my laptop as keyboard and touchpad both are not working on my lock screen.... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I un-installed and installed a mouse driver on my laptop. Everything was working fine, but when I restarted my windows, screen becomes unresponsive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TusharRawat, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Can't Unlock my laptop as keyboard and touchpad both are not working on my lock screen....

I un-installed and installed a mouse driver on my laptop. Everything was working fine, but when I restarted my windows, screen becomes unresponsive and mouse cursor is not visible, touchpad is not working and keyboard keys are also not responding, I tried external mouse and keyboard, but as soon as it comes to lock screen laptop somehow block/stop taking input from touchpad/mouse and keyboard.

There is no physical damage to laptop keyboard and touchpad.

After power shutting down 3 times and entering in the recovery mode. Here both keyboard and mouse works fine but when I continue to normal startup again, they both hangs on lock screen, and laptop becomes unresponsive.

Tried External mouse and keyboard: Failed

I don't want to reset the whole system, as there are very important files in my laptop.

Please help me with a fix, so that I do not have to reset my machine.

:)

TusharRawat, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Ticked Win User

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Oct 18, 2020
  3. KEYBOARD AND TOUCHPAD WONT LOCK

I tried the first method (uninstalling the updates)and still the same.

• The KB number Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.207.2201.0)
    • like I mentioned before, I tried locking and unlocking the screen b/c I thought maybe that had to do with the problem. I also went to Keyboard control panel>>keyboard lock>>clicked auto lock keyboard and touchpad. Nothing working so far. The keyboard doesn't
      lock.
    • I have a Dell Inspiron 7352.

KatherineAponte, Oct 18, 2020
  4. KAYINFL Win User

Can't Unlock my laptop as keyboard and touchpad both are not working on my lock screen....

laptop keyboard and touchpad don't work

I am using a Lenovo B590.

No recent changes -- I had it running next to my desktop downloading some genealogy data and when I tried to Alt-Tab to another screen I discovered the keyboard was no longer responsive.

I have been able to attach an external keyboard so I can now use the computer, but the laptop's keyboard is still dead. The Touchpad is intermittently responsive. The Touchpad keys (left and right) work, but the pad itself is intermittent.

KAYINFL, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't Unlock my laptop as keyboard and touchpad both are not working on my lock screen....

1. Can't Unlock my laptop as keyboard and touchpad both are not working on my lock screen.... - Similar Threads - Can't Unlock laptop

2. My touchpad and keyboard doesnt work in laptop mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad and keyboard doesnt work in laptop mode: So i have an Asus Vivobook laptop and all of a sudden, the keyboard and the touchpad wont work in laptop mode, but when i switch to tablet mode, it works fine, i found this out of curiosity because sometimes in tablet mode, i accidentally click my keyboard, and i wanted to...
  3. My touchpad and keyboard doesnt work in laptop mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My touchpad and keyboard doesnt work in laptop mode: So i have an Asus Vivobook laptop and all of a sudden, the keyboard and the touchpad wont work in laptop mode, but when i switch to tablet mode, it works fine, i found this out of curiosity because sometimes in tablet mode, i accidentally click my keyboard, and i wanted to...
  4. Cannot unlock lock screen on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot unlock lock screen on laptop: Microsoft11Lock Screen cannot be opened … pin reset button not working.. and it’s asking for a password with hint angel and I don’t recall this information. Need to reset pin and password to open Lock Screen....
  5. Cannot unlock lock screen on laptop

Cannot unlock lock screen on laptop: Microsoft11Lock Screen cannot be opened … pin reset button not working.. and it’s asking for a password with hint angel and I don’t recall this information. Need to reset pin and password to open Lock Screen....
  6. Can't unlock laptop , can't reset from lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't unlock laptop , can't reset from lock screen: When trying to log in it says , 'Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.' but when i click the link to set up the PIN it either takes me back to the lock screen, tells me to search for app in the store before also taking me back to the...
  7. Can't unlock laptop , can't reset from lock screen

Can't unlock laptop , can't reset from lock screen: When trying to log in it says , 'Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.' but when i click the link to set up the PIN it either takes me back to the lock screen, tells me to search for app in the store before also taking me back to the...
  8. Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working: Hi, I use my laptop all the time at uni for studying. Today I noticed the touchpad and keyboard no longer work when I use them, but my wireless keyboard and mouse works. It was last working on Friday 2/9.I check for all updates including optional on my computer and installed...
  9. Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working

Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working: Hi, I use my laptop all the time at uni for studying. Today I noticed the touchpad and keyboard no longer work when I use them, but my wireless keyboard and mouse works. It was last working on Friday 2/9.I check for all updates including optional on my computer and installed...
  10. laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop keyboard and touchpad not working: Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes. Solutions tried: rebooted removed and replaced main battery attached USB keyboard hit...