Windows 10: Can't unlock personal vault

Discus and support Can't unlock personal vault in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two PC, one desktop and one laptop both logged in with the same Microsoft account. I've installed Personal Vault on one of the machines (the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rob Phillips-Legge, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Can't unlock personal vault

I have two PC, one desktop and one laptop both logged in with the same Microsoft account. I've installed Personal Vault on one of the machines (the laptop) but not without difficulty as the install package, that stated it was installing OneDrive for the first time (when it's been in use for some time) and failed though it hadn't. The Desktop is a different matter. This consistently brings up a dialog box stating "We couldn't unlock you Personal Vault. Something went wrong. Please try again." and the error code 0x80070015. It then leaves a shortcut in Onedrive that, if clicked, just goes through the above loop. The installation sends me an Approve sign-in request to Authenticator, but it's always the same ID number

I've run SFC /scannow and DISM checkhealth and restorehealth neither of which makes any difference.

Any suggestions as to how to get this working?

R

:)

Rob Phillips-Legge, Sep 22, 2019

2. Personal Vault

I set up personal vault in one drive and everything works well except when you access your personal vault from your PC you don't get the option to close it when your done with the file. After I think about 20 minutes you'll get a notice asking you if you
    want to close your vault. Is there a way to close it before you are prompted? When I'm logged into and working from onedrive.com I do have the option to close at any time.

Another issue is that when you sign into your computer and open the file folder you see all files recently accessed. Your files "locked" in the vault are here also so what is the purpose of the vault?

CliffordBrass, Sep 22, 2019
  3. How do I increase time before the 20 minute lockout in personal vault for onedrive

Hi Garinas,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

Sorry, but you cannot increase the time for vault as this is by design.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/protec...

Personal Vault automatically locks after a period of inactivity (20 minutes on the web, 3 minutes on a mobile app) and then you need to unlock it to get at your files again. All your documents, photos, and videos in Personal Vault are easy to access from onedrive.com,
    your PC, or other capable devices.

As we are just volunteers here trying to help, you may add a Feedback in Onedrive uservoice:

Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Hope that helps.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Sep 22, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Can't unlock personal vault

Announcing OneDrive Personal Vault and additional storage options

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/micr...ional-storage/

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Can't unlock personal vault

1. Can't unlock personal vault - Similar Threads - Can't unlock personal

2. Increase Unlock Time in Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increase Unlock Time in Personal Vault: Is it possible to increase the unlock time in the personal vault to something higher than 20 min. If so, how can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-unlock-time-in-personal-vault/07d04f8c-9d49-435a-adb9-d27663e6be1b
  3. Increase Unlock Time in Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increase Unlock Time in Personal Vault: Is it possible to increase the unlock time in the personal vault to something higher than 20 min. If so, how can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-unlock-time-in-personal-vault/07d04f8c-9d49-435a-adb9-d27663e6be1b
  4. How to unlock Personal vault with Security key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock Personal vault with Security key: I have a YubiKey and it's registered with my Microsoft account. But when I go to unlock my Personal Vault in OneDrive I do not get the option to use the security key as my 2 factor authentication. Is there a way to change that setting in OneDrive?...
  5. Onedrive cannot unlock personal vault

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Onedrive cannot unlock personal vault: I use Onedrive to access and modify important files both on my home desktop and my laptop when I am at work. Onedrive has always worked perfectly both on my home desktop and on my laptop except for one perplexing issue:When attempting to unlock Onedrive's personal vault...
  6. can't unlock personal vault in one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't unlock personal vault in one drive: I can't unlock my OneDrive personal vault on my desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unlock-personal-vault-in-one-drive/1e1643d1-d455-4f15-8a72-7a2e28dcc08b
  7. Can't unlock personal vault 0x80070015

Can't unlock personal vault 0x80070015: Many old threads about this, as best as I could find all are locked with limited solutions. Surface Pro 7 with Windows 10 Pro, attempting to unlock personal vault results in an error [ATTACH] I have tried removing Personal Vault completely and disabling it via the web...
  8. Unlock my personal vault

Unlock my personal vault: Hi, I am not able to unlock my personal vault. Error message is 0x8031b002 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-my-personal-vault/60950d41-7256-4ca3-a34d-9d5837463ec5"
  9. Personal Vault Will Not Unlock

Personal Vault Will Not Unlock: I received the following error: "Something went wrong with your Personal Vault" and goes on to say "Your personal vault is locked. To access your personal vault please unlock it again." The related code is 0x80316003. I recently installed the Windows 10 home build 1903 a few...
  10. Cannot unlock Personal Vault

Cannot unlock Personal Vault: I recently re-installed my Surface book with a clean Windows 10. I enabled the Personal Vault in OneDrive. At about the same time, I changed the name of my computer so the vault name does not reflect the computer name. Now I cannot unlock my personal vault. I have attached...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we couldnt unlock your personal vault

2. microsoft personal vault wont unlock

3. personal vault onedrive 0x8031b003

4. personal vault error 0x8031b003,
  5. 0x8031b003,
  6. your personal vault cant unlock it because a file is open ,
  7. microsoft personal vault windowsphone,
  8. personal vault in windows 10,
  9. not open microsoft vault,
  10. cant unlock personal vault,
  11. one drive vault wont unlock pc,