Windows 10: Can’t unpin or remove program icons from Windows 10 Taskbar

Discus and support Can’t unpin or remove program icons from Windows 10 Taskbar in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]The Taskbar is an integral part of the Windows desktop that continually notifies which programs are currently running on your PC. Users like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 3, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Can’t unpin or remove program icons from Windows 10 Taskbar

WinClub, Aug 3, 2020

2. How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 3, 2020
  3. How to Unpin Mail from Windows 10 taskband

Hello Justin,

Since none of the steps that you've done did not successfully remove the mail icon on the taskbar of your computer, we recommend that you follow the steps below on how to unpin an application on your taskbar:

• Search the application in your Start menu.
    • Right-click or press and hold on the application that you want to remove from the taskbar.
    • Click on More.
    • Click on Unpin from taskbar to remove it.

Let us know the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Aug 3, 2020
  4. mgreen10 Win User

Cannot unpin an Excel file from the Taskbar

Long ago I pinned an Excel file to the Windows 10 taskbar. This means that if I right click on the Excel icon, which is also pinned to the taskbar, a pop-up list of file names appears with the pinned file at the top.

The pinned file has an "Unpin from this list" icon beside it. If I click on the unpin icon, nothing happens. I tried pinning another Excel file to the taskbar and was able to unpin it. The problem seems to affect only this one file, pinned long ago.

I have Googled and tried many posts for removing a pinned item (file, not an app) from the taskbar. None of them have worked.

How can I unpin this Excel file?

Thanks!

mgreen10, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Can’t unpin or remove program icons from Windows 10 Taskbar - Similar Threads - Can’t unpin remove

2. Windows unpins apps from the taskbar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows unpins apps from the taskbar: Hello,I would like to ask, if there is someone who has a problem with pinned application to taskbar. When I download app from Microsoft Store like Messenger or WhatsApp, I pin it to taskbar. However, when I run the app, it unpins and in Start Menu it shows something like...
  3. Pin or Unpin Program icons from Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Pin or Unpin Program icons from Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When you install an application on your Windows computer, the program’s executable file goes […] This article Pin or Unpin Program icons from Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Invisible taskbar icons and cannot Unpin from taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible taskbar icons and cannot Unpin from taskbar: I have 2 apps (E-Mail and Edge) in taskbar that doesn't shows icons. It is so annoying that I cannot even Unpin from taskbar. I have done following without helping: * Uninstalled and Installed the app again * Unpined from Startmenu * Deleted %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet...
  5. remove icon from taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove icon from taskbar: "filterkeys" appears in my taskbar as a hidden icon. No option to close or remove. I want to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-icon-from-taskbar/7c8f510c-6884-42c9-a031-d7b5a74c8780
  6. "Unpin From Taskbar" option is Broken

in Windows 10 Support
    "Unpin From Taskbar" option is Broken: Hi; i say it is broken because when we right-click on Edge and click UnPin, Nothing Happens! I've read posts that say i will have to alter xml files or the like in order to remove Edge from the taskbar; we are not saavy enough to get into that type of fix. This is a bug. Will...
  7. Program icons missing from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program icons missing from Taskbar: Hi there, I have a relatively new computer and one of the first things I did after installing Office was to drag three commonly used programs (Outlook, Word, Excel) to the Taskbar for convenience. It worked great for a couple of weeks, but now the strangest thing has...
  8. Cannot Unpin Microsoft Edge & Store Icons From The Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Unpin Microsoft Edge & Store Icons From The Taskbar: Hello there! I purchased and upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10! Finally, right? But anyways, I've spent the last few days customizing all my options and settings that I had back on Windows 8.1. Takes hours to do all that. Got all my settings saved as text with directions....
  9. 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10: How to: 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10 How to "Pin to taskbar" and "Unpin from taskbar" Apps in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default....
  10. Can't unpin items from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin items from the taskbar: I can pin items to the taskbar but when I right click on an item I can't unpin. Only had this problem with 10240. 8606