Windows 10: Can't update. 20h2 stuck on Requires a restart to finish installing

Discus and support Can't update. 20h2 stuck on Requires a restart to finish installing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there,I just got a new pc with 64 bit win 10 Home Ver 1709 os 16299.1127, i7 6700 @3.4GHz and after trying to update, I am getting \Your device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ilvn1, Aug 12, 2021.

1. ilvn1 Win User

Can't update. 20h2 stuck on Requires a restart to finish installing

Hello there,I just got a new pc with 64 bit win 10 Home Ver 1709 os 16299.1127, i7 6700 @3.4GHz and after trying to update, I am getting \Your device is at risk because it's out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let's get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to start:\ and it can't get updated, tried to resolve the issue with disabling firewall and some other things. I also tried recovering the Windows but it didn't seem to help so here I am asking for help.What can I do?

:)

ilvn1, Aug 12, 2021
  2. equoox Win User

2019-04 Cumulative Update KB4495667 stuck in restart to finish

My Pc runs Windows 10 Home 64 Bit v 1809

I noticed that Windows Update has had indigestion with the latest Cumulative Update (2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 v 1809 for x 64 bases systems KB4495667) which is stuck Requiring a restart to finish installing.

I have restarted several times with no luck.

Have also run the Trouble Shooter which could not identify the problem.

I then checked for updates in case it would offer it again, but all that was listed was 2019-02 Cumulative Update for NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 KB4486553 which has Successfully installed.

KB4495667 still refusing to do so.

Can't update. 20h2 stuck on Requires a restart to finish installing [​IMG]

I have downloaded it from from the Windows Update Catalogue ... file windows10.0-kb4495667-x64_a0713c961b994da102ee4a300d2f571ec567af20.msu

What is the safest thing to do now, do I just double click to install it?

I am no computer expert so will need easy to follow steps.

equoox, Aug 12, 2021
  3. Fall Creators Update requires Restart to Finish installing

I had this same "Requires restart to finish installing" problem. I cleaned up the installer folder from the OS drive and downloaded the media creation tool from Download Windows 10

The chose the 'update now' option ( instead of creating the install media) , and this worked.

It took a while, but the the OS is now version 1709 ( 16299.64)

@ Monica Cam: if it helps: before the update that got stuck in the "Requires restart to finish installing" phase there was one failed update. The update history is now erased so I do not have the error messages of that occurrence

Jaap Meiresonne, Aug 12, 2021
  4. DavidY Win User

Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing'

Here's what I see:

Which both look good until I see this...

And it seems doing a restart doesn't help.

DavidY, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't update. 20h2 stuck on Requires a restart to finish installing - Similar Threads - Can't update 20h2

2. Stuck on pending restart after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on pending restart after 20H2 update: Forgot to flair last post so it got deleted by mods After installing an ssd in my PC and reinstalling windows onto to it, I updated the new install to 20H2. Everything went smoothly, but the update will not complete and is stuck on pending restart, even after multiple...
  3. Persistent "Requires a restart to finish installing" after most updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Persistent "Requires a restart to finish installing" after most updates: Winver = Version 1909 OS Build 18363.900 Some time ago I noticed in my Update History that at least one update was signified asRequires a restart to finish installing although it does appear in the list of installed updates seen by clicking the "uninstall updates" list. I...
  4. Windows 10 1809 Update Requires a restart to finish installing

Windows 10 1809 Update Requires a restart to finish installing: Hello So I got the news that Microsoft pulled the 1809 update after users missing files. My laptop already downloaded the update and giving me "Windows 10 1809 Update Requires a restart to finish installing" in update history ! what should I do to cancel the installation ?...
  5. Requires a restart to finish installing

Requires a restart to finish installing: I have restarted my pc for many times and I have used the troubleshooter for many times.still it shows me in my update history the following.can anyone help me?? Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 Requires a restart to finish installing...
  6. Can not restart to finish Windows Update install

Can not restart to finish Windows Update install: As the picture shows, the restart for pending updates is not available. Can not manually restart the machine either, ( the changes won't apply) Any help is appreciated. I am in desperate right now, this thing is so annoying. \ [ATTACH]...
  7. KB4284848 stuck at "Requires a restart to finish installing"

KB4284848 stuck at "Requires a restart to finish installing": Is there an way how to fix this issue? How do i stuck here? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/kb4284848-stuck-at-requires-a-restart-to-finish/24d29903-906a-44a3-953d-067648a9e99c
  8. Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing'

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing': Clean install of W10 and many updates are showing as 'Requiring a restart to finish installing'. Despite several restarts and full shut downs this situation remains. Windows update itself says it is up to date. 7083
  9. Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing

Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing: i updated the other day, and after it was done it asked for a restart. i restarted it and when it came back up it said it needed to restart. i continued what i was doing and when i was done restarted the computer. this has been going on for several days. [img] After the...
  10. windows update says restart is required to finish instillation

windows update says restart is required to finish instillation: hello i have hp mini 1104 and ive tried to update to version 1709 windows update says restart is required to finish instillation and ive restarted numeous times ive ran the trouble shooter and it said it neeeded to delete and reinstalll and i ran that and still nothing. im...