Windows 10: Can't update a selected driver

Discus and support Can't update a selected driver in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For several weeks, an optional driver update is showing up in Windows Update. When I click onView optional updates, and then View updates, here's what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dschulze747, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Can't update a selected driver

For several weeks, an optional driver update is showing up in Windows Update. When I click onView optional updates, and then View updates, here's what it says:

Can't update a selected driver 6fb4df03-e393-4d5b-8538-2552022b2aee?upload=true.png

When I check the option to install, Windows Update doesn't install it. It just seems to look at it for a few seconds, but doesn't seem to do anything with it. Afterward the same driver is still available as an optional update. How do I either install it or hide it so it doesn't bother me anymore?

I have Windows 10 Home, version 2004, OS Build 19041.572, with everything else up to date. It's running on an HP laptop.

:)

dschulze747, Oct 23, 2020

2. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Windows update reverted display to MS Basic Display Driver

Hi,

Normally, this issue occurs when the drivers were being corrupted or updated after the recent update. Since you've already tried to install the latest driver, we suggest that you roll back to the previous driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue. To
    do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver.
    • Select OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Can't update a selected driver

Mouse Button Selection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Please share the details.

• Are you facing similar with another app as well?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I would suggest to follow the methods given below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware troubleshooter

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Hardware and Devices

Method 2:
    update drivers

I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Method 3:Compatibility mode

If issue still persist suggest install latest available driver from manufacturer's website. If there are no windows 10 drivers then install the available driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Can't update a selected driver

1. Can't update a selected driver - Similar Threads - Can't update selected

2. Drivers not installed and can't update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers not installed and can't update: I really need help, my usb devices keep saying they don't have drivers, none of my usb sticks have drivers in device manager, my HyperX headset usb lead doesn't have drivers so I can't use it on my PC and now my webcam has decided it doesn't have drivers and won't work. Tried...
  3. Can't Update Bluetooth Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Update Bluetooth Driver: The other day, my Bluetooth devices stopped working on Windows 10, so I went to update my driver for the Intel R Wireless Bluetooth R. I downloaded the latest driver from the Microsoft website and ran it as usual, but after installation, my devices would still pair but...
  4. Can't Update Bluetooth Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Update Bluetooth Driver: The other day, my Bluetooth devices stopped working on Windows 10, so I went to update my driver for the Intel R Wireless Bluetooth R. I downloaded the latest driver from the Microsoft website and ran it as usual, but after installation, my devices would still pair but...
  5. can't update driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't update driver: I tried updating driver from device manager but it says encountered an errorI tried to intsall it from the internet driver realtek drivers for window8 HP650 \FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_103C1858&REV_1002\4&3274B2A&0&0001 but it said error 0x00000032 at installment and i...
  6. can't update driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't update driver: I tried updating driver from device manager but it says encountered an errorI tried to intsall it from the internet driver realtek drivers for window8 HP650 \FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_103C1858&REV_1002\4&3274B2A&0&0001 but it said error 0x00000032 at installment and i...
  7. Can't update wifi drivers.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update wifi drivers.: https://imgur.com/a/GhFj3Zs Hello, I cannot update my wifi drivers on my dell latitude 7480. It always resets to version 20.70.17.1 even though I select to search automatically or insert the updated one from my computer file (which is 21.90.3) and tells me that everything is...
  8. Can't update nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't update nvidia drivers: Can't update nvidia drivers for graphics card. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-nvidia-drivers/024229c1-520e-410d-9d0b-9f2bf365e000
  9. Can't select a printer

Can't select a printer: [img] My main printer is "Officejet 6700" as displayed in Control Panel Devices and Printers. There is also an "HP Officejet 6700 (Network)". When I try to print something the selection of printers includes everything but the Officejet 6700. The computer knows it is there...
  10. Can't UPDATE DRIVERS

Can't UPDATE DRIVERS: I use INTEL GRAPHICS DRIVER i updated it 2 times but in the 3rd time it showed error.. and since then i can't update the drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-drivers/bff7e904-6b2c-46c7-9188-6e1219043153