Windows 10: Can't update after 2004 update

Discus and support Can't update after 2004 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have followed several different sets of instructions and twice ended up wiping my system clean. After each wipe, I install the latest version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nolosshere, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Can't update after 2004 update

I have followed several different sets of instructions and twice ended up wiping my system clean. After each wipe, I install the latest version of windows 2004. A few days later, I check for updates and get the error message 0x80070424. Also, when I check my start/stop services, I don't see windows update listed.

:)

nolosshere, Aug 4, 2020

2. 2004 update

after feature update, i lose ability to do further windows updates. windows update no longer listed in services. after replacing os image with previous 1907 image. update returns until retrying 2004 feature update. obviously a bug with 2004 that removes
    windows update from services list immediately after installing feature update. until this issue is addressed, i will be stuck with 1907. obviously, since i have a 100% working 1907 disk image, i am open to trying anything without fear of corrupting my os,
    as i can ghost 1907 over 2004.

randysimmons2, Aug 4, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 4, 2020
  4. xkm1948 Win User

Can't update after 2004 update

Advice For People wishing to update to Windows 10 Redstone

Yep. Tried to update my Realtek sound driver to the lastest version. After that I can't even use the Realtek sound control panel any more. It is now blocked. Seems M$ is determined to force users to swallow their automated driver update system.

f*u*c*k this. One step forward two steps backward.

xkm1948, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Can't update after 2004 update

1. Can't update after 2004 update - Similar Threads - Can't update 2004

2. Can't update to 2004 version.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update to 2004 version.: I'm stuck with Windows 10 version 1909 (build 18363.1379). In the Windows Update settings it has said that version 2004 is arriving since may. I know that it could be caused by some incompatibilities with some software, drivers or actual devices on my pc, but is there a way...
  3. Still can't update to 2004

Still can't update to 2004: Windows update assistant fails in second boot phase. It's no longer offered to me through the normal Windows Update. Let me know if you need any other info, here's my windowsupdate.log https://we.tl/t-2vxyE1bpeO submitted by /u/ryanvsrobots [link] [comments]...
  4. problem after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem after 2004 update: after installed d 2004 update when settings opened its flickering and its not stable. please look into the issue. hope some one come with a solution. tq. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-after-2004-update/75d21e4c-a767-4941-911e-fccd49bb6820
  5. Can't log into computer after version 2004 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't log into computer after version 2004 update: Yesterday morning, I update to Widows 10 Version 2004. It caused all sorts of changes that I was able to get help with here on the forum. This morning, I can't log in. Until today, I was asked for my PIN at login, and that is what I have been using. Now it is asking me for...
  6. Touchpad Can't Be Toggled After Update 1909/2004

Touchpad Can't Be Toggled After Update 1909/2004: the machine is an MSI GL63 9SE laptop, it has a synaptic based touchpad. The keyboard has a key combo that should toggle it (FN+F3). After an update this function stopped working (I believe that update was 1909 or 1903 that I got today). After posting on the MSI sub someone...
  7. No Bluetooth after 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Bluetooth after 2004 Update: Hi, since updating to the 2004 version of W 10, my Bluetooth has gone on the blink......I have uninstalled it, then re-installed, still won't work.....unpaired my phone, now it won't even re -pair...I know it's not the phone as it works on other laptop....any suggestions ?...
  8. Can't open Windows Security after 2004 update.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open Windows Security after 2004 update.: After 2004 update I can't open Windows Security. When I click Windows Security, system show message "We’re updating Windows Security. It should be ready to use again shortly." I try click from Settings, from Start Menu, from Tray - it doesn't work.[ATTACH]...
  9. cortana after 2004 update

in Cortana
    cortana after 2004 update: why did cortana go back to its old way of communicating? it is much less user friendly now! before this update i could just say hey cortana, without clicking on anything, and she would listen for my question, etc. also, she would turn off the pc with my command. now she...
  10. Can't update to 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update to 2004: I have tried many times, in many ways to update to 2004 feature upgrade. Every time it downloads, installs to a point, then after a restart unloads changes and goes back to prior state - error code 0xc1900101. At one point I did a complete clean installation of the OS, and...