Windows 10: Cant update and save my host file. Please help

Discus and support Cant update and save my host file. Please help in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My host file is host.bak. I don't know why. Please help [ATTACH] 136568 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eppixx, Jul 14, 2019.

1. eppixx Win User

Cant update and save my host file. Please help

My host file is host.bak. I don't know why. Please help

Cant update and save my host file. Please help hAJbyuAEnHio9Gh12sUb_7Cg9wh9zfE4MYV5Db7SkD1XxFEjdeIG2qz7CAUqKXyWkkwJK2wwXVoD_2ehsno=w631-h190-no.png

:)

eppixx, Jul 14, 2019
  2. phrab Win User

Modify & save hosts file

I have 2 machines: Win10 & WinXP. For some reason, my hosts file on my Win10 machine listed Windows 10 Help Forums as 127.0.0.1. I don't know how this happened & I have not been able to delete that entry & save the hosts file in Windows/Drivers/etc.

How can I give myself (the administrator) permission to access the file & to save it in the etc. folder?
    Is there a utility that will give me control over the hosts file?

Thank you in advance!

phrab, Jul 14, 2019
  3. Hosts file editing

I have to jump in and say I use, and have used the host file for years. It's an easy way to take stress off of old name servers. I don't add everything, but major shares I do add to the host file. I've used the host file for some tunneling as well. I try to optimize my network as much as possible and I have a solid network. But Easy Rhino is right as well, you'll want to have everything he suggested as well. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Jul 14, 2019
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Cant update and save my host file. Please help - Similar Threads - Cant update save

2. HOST File help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOST File help: I'm basically ignorant about Host file. Mine was recently corrupted or wiped. I read it needs the gateway, ip etc. to get the internet going without lag or issue. Is there a fast way or software , program that corrects the issues with this, or what information do i need...
  3. Cannot save file host

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot save file host: I open file host by "run as administrator" then I add some lines to block ads on viber desktop or to get access to some web sites which have been blocked on my machine....when I save it will give this [img] and if I click yes, it will give this [img] Even I open file host...
  4. Editing and saving the Hosts file...

Editing and saving the Hosts file...: PS i need help... I am able to edit the hosts file in "etc" folder but when i save it wants to replace the hosts file and save the file as a notepad document. I had ownership before, but i removed it hoping that will solve the issue but it didn't. What is worse is that i...
  5. Cant save files when updating Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant save files when updating Windows: I'm trying to update Windows to the latest version but cant save any files and don't know the solution[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-save-files-when-updating-windows/8a0cff25-ee22-4dd7-b183-39b3e1d9dc37
  6. HELP PLEASE! My Saved Work Disappeared

HELP PLEASE! My Saved Work Disappeared: I have been working on a document in Word all day. My autosave function is on and i saved thoughout the day. I then closed the file and when I reopened it, the document was as it had been the previous day. It was as if I had not worked on for hours and hours. I dont...
  7. Newest Windows update reverted my saved word files? Please help.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Newest Windows update reverted my saved word files? Please help.: So I finish updating my windows update and come back to find that 4 important word documents have gone missing from my desktop. I look into my documents and find them, but they are saved versions from 2 days ago? How do I retrieve my most recent saved word files please? I'd...
  8. Cant update and save my host file. Please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant update and save my host file. Please help: My host file is host.bak. I don't know why. Please help [ATTACH] 136568
  9. I cant drag any of my files, help please??

I cant drag any of my files, help please??: So I've always dragged my files without any problems, however ever since the update, I cannot drag any of my files! Help please, I can't drag any file from folder to folder or from folder to the desktop. I tried this "method" where people left click and click escape but it...
  10. Modify & save hosts file

Modify & save hosts file: I have 2 machines: Win10 & WinXP. For some reason, my hosts file on my Win10 machine listed Windows 10 Help Forums as 127.0.0.1. I don't know how this happened & I have not been able to delete that entry & save the hosts file in Windows/Drivers/etc. How can I give myself...