Windows 10: Can't update any software

Discus and support Can't update any software in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows updated a few days ago. Ever since, I have been unable to install or update any software. Software I've tried to install/udpate: - Ultimaker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Maladjusted73, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Can't update any software

Windows updated a few days ago. Ever since, I have been unable to install or update any software.

Software I've tried to install/udpate:
    - Ultimaker Cura
    - Davinci Resolve
    - World of Warcraft
    - Chitubox

All give a similar error that they can't write to the hard disk without permission. I always get the pop up asking if the software can make changes to my computer and I select yes, but it doesn't seem to be working. Some parts of the software seem to install, but others won't.

I have run malware scanners and antivirus. Rebooted multiple times. Tried installing on three different drives - SSD and HDD. I'm at my wit's end. Anyone have ideas on where to go next?

submitted by /u/Maladjusted73
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Maladjusted73, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 25, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Can't update any software :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 25, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't update any software

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't update any software :cool:

jmcslob, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't update any software

1. Can't update any software - Similar Threads - Can't update software

2. Can't log in to any Microsoft software on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in to any Microsoft software on windows 11: I have been using Microsoft Store, Windows 11 version of Minecraft, and Microsoft Solitaire Collection daily for years. Starting 2 or 3 weeks ago, Store won't run and says try again, Solitaire Collection won't log into my profile, and Windows 11 Minecraft thinks I am Steve...
  3. Can't log in to any Microsoft software on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in to any Microsoft software on windows 11: I have been using Microsoft Store, Windows 11 version of Minecraft, and Microsoft Solitaire Collection daily for years. Starting 2 or 3 weeks ago, Store won't run and says try again, Solitaire Collection won't log into my profile, and Windows 11 Minecraft thinks I am Steve...
  4. Can't install any software (error code 2755)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install any software (error code 2755): [ATTACH] Any software I'm trying to install I'm getting the following error: https://preview.redd.it/3ovdk717wgj61.png?width=458&format=png&auto=webp&s=ce2ad45ea60f698bf231b7322e668b04f70f1681 'Retry' just keeping prompting the same error and 'Cancel' showing:...
  5. Can't update AMD Software

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't update AMD Software: When I try to upgrade the software for my AMD Radeon R5 Graphics Card to the newest version 21.1.1 and doing a factory reset to install the software, I click on the installer, select the version of software I want to install (20.11.2 - downgrade or 21.1.1 - upgrade),checks...
  6. Can't reset my PC by any software method

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't reset my PC by any software method: Hello everyone! I've got an issue...lemme tell you: My laptop lenovo 320 was good, but suddenly, I got some errors. It all started with a BSOD...well, some BSOD with errors like KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR. It appeared and the laptop restarted, ok? But when I tried to...
  7. I can't Install any software, it keeps saying "It's time to update your device"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't Install any software, it keeps saying "It's time to update your device": https://imgur.com/a/PPYaeeW As you can see, in the images attached, I can't install any software and this popup screen comes up saying "It's time to update your device". In this example, I'm trying to install Unity but trust me it doesn't work with any software. My device...
  8. Can't sign into any Microsoft software

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't sign into any Microsoft software: Every time I try to sign in to Microsoft Store, Microsoft To Do, Feedback Hub, etc., I keep getting an error message saying "Something went wrong, please try again later" with error code 0x80070781. Recently restored the system and updated Windows to version 1909 KB4535996....
  9. Can't install any software and file explorer freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install any software and file explorer freezes: I've been trying to download software from the internet but every time I double click the install file on my desktop, windows freezes (applications like Discord still work, just taskbar and desktop freeze so I restart windows explorer in task manager and it'll unfreeze). If I...
  10. Windows 10 Home can't update any software as no Admin user in UAC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home can't update any software as no Admin user in UAC: Whenever I try to update any software on my PC, the User Account Control window pops up asking: "To continue, enter an admin user name and password." Unfortunately there is no where to chose an admin account, just a "No" button. If I reboot in safe mode, the only admin...