Windows 10: Can't update, cant enter safe mode

Discus and support Can't update, cant enter safe mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [IMG]Soo I recently got a new nvme ssd. I decided to install a fresh copy of windows on it instead of transferring all of my data to the new drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DrewMoore4, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Can't update, cant enter safe mode

Can't update, cant enter safe mode [​IMG]Soo I recently got a new nvme ssd. I decided to install a fresh copy of windows on it instead of transferring all of my data to the new drive. when i inserted my boot media i ran the installer and selected my nvme drive to install windows on. I had my other 2 drives in my pc at the time my old ssd and my hdd. When I installed windows it began asking my to select my OS on startup. I think that the boot loader was installed on my old ssd with my other copy of windows. I tried unplugging all my drives except my nvme and I could not boot. I looked up how to move my boot loader from my old ssd to my new nvme and was successful. Then I began running into problems updating my pc. It says "We couldn't complete the updates Undoing changes." The pc then restarts a couple times and I am able to use my pc again. I've look this problem up and they say to boot in safe mode. I went to msconfig and see that I have not boot devices shown and I also cant select any boxes on the boot tab. Also when I run an advanced startup I see only one option under troubleshoot and that is UEFI Firmware settings. I have no idea what I should do. Every aspect of my pc is fine. It boots fine now. I just want to be able to update. Should i reinstall windows? Maybe the fact that I had multiple drives in while installing windows creating the issue with my boot loader caused this.

Can't update, cant enter safe mode fd717098-77ca-4548-a2f2-5b05729c3a58?upload=true.png Can't update, cant enter safe mode [​IMG]

:)

DrewMoore4, Jul 18, 2020
  2. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Can't update, cant enter safe mode

Cannot enter safe mode

Hi, My Asus laptop is stuck in a startup repair loop while trying to fix error 0x80070091, I've tried following things:
    Use this guide: Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Use the option 'reset this pc' and tried to use 'system recovery' but all to no avail.
    While in this startup repair loop it also seems impossible to enter safe mode. (I've tried to enter safe mode pressing F5 from the startup settings screen). I guess using the tweaking repair program will solve this error (0x80070091) but obviously I have to enter safe mode first. Any suggestions?

Thx!

Ray

raymond1984, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't update, cant enter safe mode

1. Can't update, cant enter safe mode - Similar Threads - Can't update cant

2. Stuck In BSOD and can't enter safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck In BSOD and can't enter safe mode.: I had windows 10 education on my computer when I bought it. It would not let me customize anything so I erased it and put on a Windows 10 Home. Now when I boot it goes to the BSOD with error codes 0xc000021a and it keeps rebooting. I tried unplugging everything and switched...
  3. Stuck In BSOD and can't enter safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck In BSOD and can't enter safe mode.: I had windows 10 education on my computer when I bought it. It would not let me customize anything so I erased it and put on a Windows 10 Home. Now when I boot it goes to the BSOD with error codes 0xc000021a and it keeps rebooting. I tried unplugging everything and switched...
  4. Stuck In BSOD and can't enter safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't enter safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enter safe mode: I can't enter safe mode . I have been trying from many days . Related video: https://youtu.be/8vE0ORHdXWE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-enter-safe-mode/72bba3b6-a849-440d-8c33-c4625ccaed5f
  6. Can't enter safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enter safe mode: I can't enter safe mode . I have been trying from many days . Related video: https://youtu.be/8vE0ORHdXWE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-enter-safe-mode/72bba3b6-a849-440d-8c33-c4625ccaed5f
  7. Can't enter safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Cant enter safe mode or recovery mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant enter safe mode or recovery mode: So recently I bought a macbook of a friend to just try apple. He wiped everything including some vital system files, wich makes it unavailable to boot properly. That's why I installed windows on it, everything went well and windows was downloaded. (Never got on the home...
  9. Enter Safe Mode if I can't log in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enter Safe Mode if I can't log in?: As predicted, the forced feature upgrade has rendered my laptop broken. I cannot proceed past the log in screen because my CPU is throttling to 0.1GHz. So it just instantly freezes. How do I get into Safe Mode / Recovery Console if I cannot log in to do the Shift+Restart or...
  10. Can't enter safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't enter safe mode: I have gone through previous postings and while the answer seems close to what I need to, they solution does not work. First of all, I am frustrated by constantly being told my password is bad - yet here I am - finally - bad password and all. What's up with that? Now to...