Windows 10: Can't update display drivers because of Windows 10

Discus and support Can't update display drivers because of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I just finished installing windows 10 and I'm having this issue where my display driver isn't being recognized and instead its now showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lemonz54, Aug 4, 2015.

1. lemonz54 Win User

Can't update display drivers because of Windows 10

So I just finished installing windows 10 and I'm having this issue where my display driver isn't being recognized and instead its now showing "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". Is there any way to bring back the old driver to its original resolution?

I have a Dell Inspiron N7110 and it seems like all the drivers are only compatible with Windows 8.1, how can I bypass that?

Also, another issue is that Windows Troubleshooter doesn't work. When I click on "Show more" it says that "Context: Restricted". I have no clue whats going on and any help is greatly appreciated!

:)

lemonz54, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Max_779 Win User

Windows 10 black screen, shuts down during boot

Problem solved! But...

In order to solve the issue i had to rollback to the previous version of the display driver, but i keep getting the update that causes the black screen from windows update and that's because my manufacturer uses a custom driver so updating it to the original
    version causes my system to crash.

The question is: how can i block this update? I'm using windows 10 home so i can't disable or hide windows updates :/

PS: i don't worry about driver updates because my manufacturer includes an app to update them to the official version automatically.

Max_779, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Frustrating problem: nVidia installer cannot continue the graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware

This did not work for me because I had deleted the old Nvidia drivers thinking that maybe they were causing a conflict. Also, just by the way, the Device Manager does not show ANY display adapter. I can get to the display adapter screen by going to advanced
    properties on display settings, but that does not help. Thus, I still have the same problem. Cannot install the Nvidia drivers because windows 10 can't find the display adapter.

Humpty Dumpy, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Antilope Win User

I upgraded an Inspiron 7110 to Windows 10. Any yellow flags in the Device Manager were corrected by downloading Windows 8/8.1 drivers from the Dell website. In my experience, Windows 8/8.1 drivers usually work in Windows 10. I've even loaded some Windows 7 drivers on other older Dell machines to correct lack of drivers in Windows 10.

You can also go to the Intel website and run their Driver Update Utility to find driver updates for Intel chipsets on Dell motherboards.

Antilope, Aug 4, 2015
  5. lemonz54 Win User
    My issue when updating the driver is there would always be an error that would pop up in the middle of installing. Anyway to bypass it?

and the Intel Update Utility came up with no drivers available for my laptop

lemonz54, Aug 4, 2015
  6. YOU
    You Win User
  7. lemonz54 Win User
    Yeah I just ended up reverting back to Windows 7. Which is a real shame.

lemonz54, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't update display drivers because of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't update display

2. Can't update Windows 10 because of Realtek Bluetooth drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update Windows 10 because of Realtek Bluetooth drivers: I am trying to update an inspiron 3656. Update keeps saying I have a problem with the Realtek Bluetooth drivers. I have tried to update the driver, but Device manager tells me I have the best driver. I am stuck in an endless circle....
  3. Display driver can't update for around 1 year.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display driver can't update for around 1 year.: Hi, I just wanted to update my display driver beacause , whenever I had a movie or a moving object on my laptop monitor , It drop so much frame rates , and I didn't find a way to fix it , instead of updating display driver. when I tryed to update my driver , it said this...
  4. Windows 10 can't update because the Update Service is disabled...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 can't update because the Update Service is disabled...: [ATTACH] So uhmm guys can anyone help? I don't know why but my Windows Update Service is DISABLING itself. I tried changing it back to "Automatic" from services but when I right click and tap refresh, BOOM again DISABLED. All of the service options are greyed out but I...
  5. Can't update windows 10 drivers

Can't update windows 10 drivers: My laptop most of drivers are missing after recent windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-windows-10-drivers/eb74be24-8313-4c0a-9795-d919d2ff7d20
  6. Can't update windows 10 drivers

Can't update windows 10 drivers: After update windows 10 drivers are missing or not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-windows-10-drivers/c14ca8ac-8c4a-41bf-9bb8-8ca0aeab04f4
  7. Can't update windows 10 drivers

Can't update windows 10 drivers: I am not able to update windows 10 drivers please help me to update driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-windows-10-drivers/2299d4b3-6756-4357-b157-06fcd911256f
  8. WINDOWS 10 DISPLAY DRIVER UPDATE

WINDOWS 10 DISPLAY DRIVER UPDATE: There are lines going across my screens. How do I update my display drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-display-driver-update/b4b1170c-eac5-4275-a811-db215b4ed0aa
  9. Can't update windows because of organisation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update windows because of organisation.: I can't update windows because my organization doesn't let me, this is a private computer and I don't have an organization. Can I remove the organisation and activate windows in some other way?...
  10. Can't install display driver

Can't install display driver: Iam using gig h310m-h motherboard and Intel pentium gold g5400 processor, I can't install display driver, when I try to install it error message shows that the installation package does not support the processor type. What should I do to resolve this issue. Please assist...