Windows 10: Can't Update Drivers with Yellow Warning Signs in Device Manager (in Safe Mode)

Discus and support Can't Update Drivers with Yellow Warning Signs in Device Manager (in Safe Mode) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently got a new computer and decided to add my hard drive from my previous computer to this new one. While it works fine most of the time, there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HamzaHussain23, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Can't Update Drivers with Yellow Warning Signs in Device Manager (in Safe Mode)

I recently got a new computer and decided to add my hard drive from my previous computer to this new one. While it works fine most of the time, there are a few occurrences where the computer completely crashes, and I end up getting a WHEA UNCONTROLLABLE ERROR error. First thing I did was do a disk check using EaseUS Partition to see if the disk is at fault, and it came back with no errors (even examining the properties of each disk and running the error checking tool came back with nothing).

After that, I booted it in Safe Mode and opened Device Manager and noticed a lot of devices had yellow warning signs beside them. Thinking this could be the issue, I tried selecting on the updating driver options (using the internet to search for the drivers) yet for all the problematic drivers it says the latest driver is already installed.

Even with that "assurance" I still experience freezes from time to time (usually randomly while browsing the web) so I wanted to know if there was any way to be able to update those drivers?

:)

HamzaHussain23, Nov 28, 2019

2. Drives are accessable but yellow warning sign

Hi George,

I'm Stefano a Microsoft Independent Advisor, here to help you.

I suggest you to try this two procedures:

A) Scan and repair for filesystem:

1. Type "cmd" in windows search bar

2. Right click on "Command Prompt"

3. Select "Run as Administrator"

4. Type "sfc /scannow" without quote and press ENTER

Then:

B) Remove and reinstall of device driver:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on the hardware group that's not working

4. Right click on your hardware with the yellow sign

5. Click on "Uninstall device"

6. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

At this point search for driver update (if the yellow sign still is here):

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on the hardware group that's not working

4. Right click on your hardware with the yellow sign

5. Click on "Update device"

6. Click on the online option for updating driver

Then tell me if that works, please.

StefanoTamiotti, Nov 28, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    explorer.exe will not run other than in safe mode

MS suggests:
    Once your PC is in Safe Mode, reinstall your display adapter driver.

• Type device manager into the search box on the taskbar, and then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapter.
    • Right-click the display adapter and select Uninstall > OK.
    • Restart your PC.

dalchina, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Can't Update Drivers with Yellow Warning Signs in Device Manager (in Safe Mode)

Updating drivers in safe mode

AdrianDragomir1, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Can't Update Drivers with Yellow Warning Signs in Device Manager (in Safe Mode)

1. Can't Update Drivers with Yellow Warning Signs in Device Manager (in Safe Mode) - Similar Threads - Can't Update Drivers

2. Yellow Warning Sign on Container in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yellow Warning Sign on Container in Device Manager: When I go to Device Manager > View > Devices by Container, I see that there is a yellow warning sign on my computer. When I expand the list, I don't see which driver is the issue.If I view devices by type, I don't see any yellow warning sign. How do I go about diagnosing...
  3. Yellow Warning Sign on Container in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yellow Warning Sign on Container in Device Manager: When I go to Device Manager > View > Devices by Container, I see that there is a yellow warning sign on my computer. When I expand the list, I don't see which driver is the issue.If I view devices by type, I don't see any yellow warning sign. How do I go about diagnosing...
  4. Yellow Warning Sign on Container in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth won't work, has a yellow warning sign over the driver in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth won't work, has a yellow warning sign over the driver in device manager: I disconnected my AirPods and reconnected them because I was trying to sort out a headphone situation, and when I tried to reconnect them it just kept saying 'can't connect' when I tried adding a new device. I went to device manager to update my drivers but they're up to date...
  6. Bluetooth won't work, has a yellow warning sign over the driver in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth won't work, has a yellow warning sign over the driver in device manager: I disconnected my AirPods and reconnected them because I was trying to sort out a headphone situation, and when I tried to reconnect them it just kept saying 'can't connect' when I tried adding a new device. I went to device manager to update my drivers but they're up to date...
  7. Bluetooth won't work, has a yellow warning sign over the driver in device manager

8. Bluetooth no turn on/off option and has yellow warning sign on device manager

Bluetooth no turn on/off option and has yellow warning sign on device manager: Please help i tried fixing it by updating, reinstalling, disabling and enabling nothing seems to work. I also tried setting it automatic on start up still no luck and regeditor...
  9. Driver update failure via Device Manager in Safe Mode -

Driver update failure via Device Manager in Safe Mode -: Confronting with a series of Windows 10 driver update issues recently. The most recent one is as follows: Managing to update the graphics drivers 2 graphic interfaces: an AMD Radeon R5 M335 and an Intel HD Graphics 520 - integrated of my PC via Device Manager with the...
  10. Device Manager window showing yellow sign for these

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device Manager window showing yellow sign for these: on w10-64 bit, my Device Manger window showing yellow sign for these Display Adapters - Microsoft Basic Display Adapter installed driver - date 6/21/2006 v 10.0.19041.1 signer MS Windows IDE ATA/ ATAPI Controllers - Intel R 300 Series Chipset Famil SATA AHCI Controller...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yellow marked drivers in safe mofde bsod

2. yellow marked drivers in safe mofde

3. device manager yellow exclamation in safe mode

4. yellow warning signs device manager,
  5. serial ata controller warning sign in device manager,
  6. my display adapter in device manager has yellow color