Windows 10: Can't update Enterprise from 1809

Discus and support Can't update Enterprise from 1809 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Laptop was gifted as a coming home gift, but for some reason the person who had it uses Enterprise. Its on version 1809 and I don't have the option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/J_agli25, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Can't update Enterprise from 1809

Laptop was gifted as a coming home gift, but for some reason the person who had it uses Enterprise. Its on version 1809 and I don't have the option to move to 1903 or 1909. How do I do it manually?

submitted by /u/J_agli25
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/J_agli25, Nov 16, 2019
  2. zigandzag Win User

I have Window 10 Enterprise winver 1607 and want to get a cumulative 1809 update

Angel -

You are suggesting downloading the Windows creation tool. Enterprise was not on that list. Can I still use that to upgrade the Enterprise version install?

Thanks,

Ziggy

zigandzag, Nov 16, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Can't update Enterprise from 1809 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Can't update Enterprise from 1809

Update Windows 10 to 1809 manually

It's been a while after Microsoft released an update to fix issues in the initial Windows 10 1809 update. But the page where we can download the updates as standalone packages still has a hole instead of download link to the 1809.17763.1 version package:

Can't update Enterprise from 1809 IrC85.png

Windows 10 Update Assistant page is useless as well, since it offers to download April 2018 Update, lol.

So, I can't update my 1803.17134.376 to 1809 even after more than a month since it's initially was released.

(Of course, "drastically improved" Windows Update doesn't suggest the 1809 update, too. Actually, it has been never working on this Win 10 copy, so I used to download all the updates manually via the first link in this post.)

Has anybody figured out a way of how to manually update from 1803 to 1809?

Without hardcore stuff, please, like making bootable media which potentially would have a great chance of destroying the currently installed Win 10 copy Can't update Enterprise from 1809 :)

UPDATE: I was completely confused by that "Microsoft recommends" wording near the 1809 update on that page and some top articles in Google saying that it was released and ready for production with that quick patch. So, this question is from this confusion.

Thanks to comments below and @music2myear answer, it's clear now that 1809 is still not released. So, there is no point in update attempts (at least for me) at the moment.

Alexander Abakumov, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Can't update Enterprise from 1809

1. Can't update Enterprise from 1809 - Similar Threads - Can't update Enterprise

2. Update from Windows version 1809 Enterprise LTSC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update from Windows version 1809 Enterprise LTSC: I have tried updating to the latest version of Windows through the ISO but got this error message: Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance....
  3. Update from Windows version 1809 Enterprise LTSC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update from Windows version 1809 Enterprise LTSC: I have tried updating to the latest version of Windows through the ISO but got this error message: Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance....
  4. Update from Windows version 1809 Enterprise LTSC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 1809 Enterprise and EoS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 1809 Enterprise and EoS: Hi, i'm sure this has been asked many times... but wondering if anyone know if this might get extended or if there's an option to buy extended patching/updates after May 11....
  6. Windows 10 Enterprise will not update past 1809

Windows 10 Enterprise will not update past 1809: HELP!! I need to update my Windows 10 Enterprise so that my Adobe programs will work. Adobe CC states my system needs to be upgraded to at least version 1903. When I use the Windows Update, it says I am current. Online I can see versions 1903 and 1909, etc. but my system...
  7. Can't upgrade from 1809

Can't upgrade from 1809: Have a Dell Inspiron 3650 that my customer has never been able to do the updates to the new Windows version. Now is Version 1809. Update fails with this message: "What needs your attention The following things need your attention...... This PC cannot be upgraded to Windows...
  8. Can't update to Windows 10 1809 (from 1709)

Can't update to Windows 10 1809 (from 1709): Hello, I would like to update Windows 10 to the latest version. However, I can't install the update. I am using a Dell XPS 15 9560 (which is supported by the latest update >...
  9. Can't Update to Windows 1809

Can't Update to Windows 1809: Hello, I don't know if this is the place to ask, but I am having trouble updating to the newest version of Windows (1809). I got Battlefield V which requires Windows 1809 for the Ray Tracing ability so I have been trying to update. However, when I go into updates and scan for...
  10. Can't update from 1803 to 1809

Can't update from 1803 to 1809: Edition: Win 10 Education (basically same as pro with all features) Version: 1803 OS Build: 17134.345 I have "check for updates" and it says "You're up to date". I've tried to manually download the update from Microsoft's website:...