Windows 10: Can't update from 17025

Discus and support Can't update from 17025 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Check the news story in this TF thread: Keeping Windows Insiders Updated Insider. MS will be releasing a tool to help you get caught up "real soon now"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018.

1. EdTittel Win User

Can't update from 17025

Check the news story in this TF thread: Keeping Windows Insiders Updated Insider. MS will be releasing a tool to help you get caught up "real soon now" to borrow Jerry Pournelle's old phrase from the BYTE days.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018

2. Hi Guys, I've been stuck on 17025 for ages. I've tried updating to various new builds but it always fails with:
    0xC1900101 - 0x4001E The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during PE_OOBE operation
    I've tried various things to fix it that I've found online but nothing seems to be working. Here's the latest error log, if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!

:)

tungmeister, Apr 14, 2018
  3. what to do??

I have an issue with the update.I am in build 17025.its showing 17046 update but when updated the local drives except for c drive(where the os resides)is becoming inaccessible.so I went back to 17025 its self.I waited for some days .updater is showing
    the update 17046 must be completed then only you can update further.what to do??can i delete the 17046 update from pc manually??how??

Jishnu pavithran, Apr 14, 2018
  4. Can't update from 17025

Updating to latest insider build.

I am currently on 17025 and trying to update to 17063.

JosephManski, Apr 14, 2018
  5. Hi tungmeister.

Your error according to this is related to drivers.

Three are listed within the text you provided. One on Samsung monitor, one on ksfilter and wdmsudio. If you look up wdmaudio it leads back to ksfilters. (Crtl-F in most browser, search .inf)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/win...res#0xc1900101

You see MIG plugin which I assume relates to Canon printer. Maybe uninstall printer or upgrade their software / drivers.

One solution it recommends is booting with minimal drivers, clean boot.

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

I'm not an Insider but I might report through feedback hub.

Sorry if I've repeated what you've already done.

Caledon Ken, Apr 14, 2018
Thema:

Can't update from 17025

1. Can't update from 17025 - Similar Threads - Can't update 17025

2. I can't download an update from Windows Update or from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download an update from Windows Update or from Microsoft Store: On windows updates it looks like that : if i click download, its nothing happened. on microsoft store i can't updates all the apps. it keeps loading. even when i use windows update assistant, it keeps loading too. please help...
  3. I can't download an update from Windows Update or from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download an update from Windows Update or from Microsoft Store: On windows updates it looks like that : if i click download, its nothing happened. on microsoft store i can't updates all the apps. it keeps loading. even when i use windows update assistant, it keeps loading too. please help...
  4. I can't download an update from Windows Update or from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't update Windows from 1909

Can't update Windows from 1909: Hello, I can't update my old laptop. It didn't even update from 1909 to the May 2004 update (And it's already 20H2). I didn't care but now I get notifications all the time about end of support for 1909 and that I should update. I guess some parts of my laptop...
  6. Can't update from 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update from 1909: The 2004 didn't want to come to me through the regular Windows Update, stuck on "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page." I decided to manually update to 20H2 with the update assistant, it...
  7. Can't update Enterprise from 1809

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update Enterprise from 1809: Laptop was gifted as a coming home gift, but for some reason the person who had it uses Enterprise. Its on version 1809 and I don't have the option to move to 1903 or 1909. How do I do it manually? submitted by /u/J_agli25 [link] [comments]...
  8. Can't update from 1803 to 1809

Can't update from 1803 to 1809: Edition: Win 10 Education (basically same as pro with all features) Version: 1803 OS Build: 17134.345 I have "check for updates" and it says "You're up to date". I've tried to manually download the update from Microsoft's website:...
  9. Can't update from Win 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't update from Win 7: I've been trying to upgrade to Win 10 for a couple days now. I was finally able to get most of the way there but then it rebooted and said Install failed in the SAFE_OS phase. Error during Apply_Image operation. I tried a few more things, was able to get the KB3035583 &...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Slow Build 17025 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Slow Build 17025 for PC: Update 11/8: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast+Skip Ahead Build 17035 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 12/7: During the initial download and verification process, the install...