Windows 10: Can't update Gaming Services in Microsoft Store

Discus and support Can't update Gaming Services in Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When trying to update the Gaming Services in the Microsoft Store, so I can install a game, the button to start the update doesn't seem to work.The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Daniel Jambura, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Can't update Gaming Services in Microsoft Store

When trying to update the Gaming Services in the Microsoft Store, so I can install a game, the button to start the update doesn't seem to work.The Gaming Services is in my library and other apps are able to update but Gaming Services and Minecraft are unable to.Pressing the download button does nothing and so does pressing "Update all". I've tried to reset the Microsoft Store already, but nothing seems to work.Any help is appreciated!

:)

Daniel Jambura, Feb 21, 2024
  2. Freya8 Win User

Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.

Gaming services will not update in the Microsoft store. It has been like this for months. It causes an issue with the Xbox app on my laptop. I try updating it on the Microsoft store and through the Xbox app. But neither works. The Xbox app says it needs gaming services to play some games.

Freya8, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Feb 21, 2024
  4. Can't update Gaming Services in Microsoft Store

Gaming Services and the Minecraft Launcher Will Not Install

Error code: 0x80070490

Device: Brand new Acer Nitro 17.

I'm trying to install the Minecraft Launcher. When I click install and go to the Library page of the Windows Store I see it's trying to install both the MC Launcher and also Gaming Services. Both fail to install and give the above error code.

Things I've tried:
    1) Windows Update - I've installed all updates, including optional updates.

2) Resetting the Gaming Services app via the Apps menu. Gaming Services IS NOT IN THE LIST.

3) Resetting the Windows Store per this suggestion (Redirecting)

4) wsreset.exe

While resetting the Windows Store I get a number of errors. I've pasted the results of step 2.3 here: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could - Pastebin.com

While resetting the Windows Store and reinstalling Gaming Services (step 3.2 and 3.3 in the suggestion above)
    Remove-Item : Cannot find path 'HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices' because it does not exist.

At line:1 char:1

+ Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServ ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (HKLM:\System\Cu...\GamingServices:String) [Remove-Item], ItemNotFoundEx

ception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.RemoveItemCommand

<Changed to a question>

Alannah Scutt, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Can't update Gaming Services in Microsoft Store

1. Can't update Gaming Services in Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Can't update Gaming

2. Can't update Gaming Services in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't update Gaming Services in Microsoft Store: When trying to update the Gaming Services in the Microsoft Store, so I can install a game, the button to start the update doesn't seem to work.The Gaming Services is in my library and other apps are able to update but Gaming Services and Minecraft are unable to.Pressing the...
  3. Installing gaming services Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing gaming services Microsoft Store: when i open a game, it takes me to the microsoft store and tells me i need to install and game services even though there is no button to install them. I have tried so many ways and none of them work, not even xbox support was able to solve this problem. Please help me, I...
  4. Installing gaming services Microsoft Store

Installing gaming services Microsoft Store: when i open a game, it takes me to the microsoft store and tells me i need to install and game services even though there is no button to install them. I have tried so many ways and none of them work, not even xbox support was able to solve this problem. Please help me, I...
  5. Microsoft Store Gaming Services Flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Gaming Services Flickering: Whenever I try to open a game, Microsoft Store keeps opening with gaming services page flickering on and off. Closing it re-opens the Microsoft store after 10 seconds. The only way to stop it is to restart the pc. Cannot download gaming services as the page flickers...
  6. Microsoft Store Gaming Services Flickering

Microsoft Store Gaming Services Flickering: Whenever I try to open a game, Microsoft Store keeps opening with gaming services page flickering on and off. Closing it re-opens the Microsoft store after 10 seconds. The only way to stop it is to restart the pc. Cannot download gaming services as the page flickers...
  7. Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.: Gaming services will not update in the Microsoft store. It has been like this for months. It causes an issue with the Xbox app on my laptop. I try updating it on the Microsoft store and through the Xbox app. But neither works. The Xbox app says it needs gaming services to...
  8. Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.: Gaming services will not update in the Microsoft store. It has been like this for months. It causes an issue with the Xbox app on my laptop. I try updating it on the Microsoft store and through the Xbox app. But neither works. The Xbox app says it needs gaming services to...
  9. Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.

10. I can't install gaming services in Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't install gaming services in Microsoft Store: I am using Windows 10 on PC. I can't install games from the Xbox app Game Pass. In the Microsoft Store, Gaming Services appears as a download but gives an error when trying to download. This error was 0x80070424, after running CCleaner now it is 0x00000000....