Windows 10: Can't update, reset, or install clean windows

Discus and support Can't update, reset, or install clean windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a persisting issue: my computer is unable to update to the Windows 10, version 1909. Each time it starts by downloading the update in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marek Jagoš, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Can't update, reset, or install clean windows

Hello,

I have a persisting issue: my computer is unable to update to the Windows 10, version 1909. Each time it starts by downloading the update in Windows Update, then installing, and then my computer requires restart. When I restart the computer, it says installing updates, then restarts, and sometimes it shows this

Can't update, reset, or install clean windows f3d2978f-b448-42ef-af14-343b4e3c188f?upload=true.jpg

and I have to restart the computer by using power button. Sometimes it just starts as normal, but update is never installed and it starts downloading the update again. I tried looking for corrupted windows files by using sfc /scannow, for the first time it found some and repaired, but it didn't fix the problem. When I tried it later again, it said there isn't any problem with windows files. I tried the functionRESET THIS PC, halfway through it boots the windows and says: there was a problem resetting this pc. I also tried downloading windows 10 files from here through Microsoft tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10, midway through it says it couldn't install the windows.

The notepad HP ProBook 450 G5 is otherwise running completely fine.

:)

Marek Jagoš, Feb 14, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Feb 14, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 14, 2020
  4. jds21 Win User

Can't update, reset, or install clean windows

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Can't update, reset, or install clean windows

1. Can't update, reset, or install clean windows - Similar Threads - Can't update reset

2. Can not reset/update/clean install my pc windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not reset/update/clean install my pc windows 10.: Hi everyone, Windows 10PC: Lenovo Legion Y540-15irh-pg0I have a big problem with my pc. I have been trying for weeks now. My windows version is pretty old because the updates keeps failing. I want to reset my pc or update windows but nothing works, also my usb ports does not...
  3. Windows can't update even after clean install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows can't update even after clean install: This problem has plagued my pc for about a year, I encountered the infamous “We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes” error about a year ago. It was only solved by a complete format and reinstall of the latest version of windows. About a month later the error...
  4. Can't get clean install to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get clean install to update: I had to do a clean install on a laptop. I have the original disk which is Windows 10 Pro 1809. Installs perfectly but cannot connect to updates. I get "Error encountered. We'll continue to check daily for newer updates." Also, edge will not show anything on a web page. It...
  5. Can't reset or clean install windows

Can't reset or clean install windows: My dad's laptop has been having a lot of issues lately so I decided to reset it. But every time I try it stops with a "couldn't reset this PC" error. I've tried everything from system file checking to other CMD fixes but it still ended the same way. So I to install windows...
  6. Can't clean install windows

Can't clean install windows: After the update windows asking me to install the update KB4538672 everyday as the precursor is due to expire in April I eventually let it update. After the update it crashed my laptop every 10secs to 2mins, my laptop became unusable. After I talking to Microsoft help I was...
  7. Can't update or clean install windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update or clean install windows 10: As the title says i cant update or clean install windows 10. At first i could not update my OS as files were corrupted. I then tired to use the clean installation tool to reinstall windows. This could not happen as 'this language or edition of windows currently installed on...
  8. Can't reset pc/clean install windows on 32gb laptop

Can't reset pc/clean install windows on 32gb laptop: As I made the mistake of buying a 32gb laptop, I ran out of space quickly and can't free anymore up. I can not update the laptop, it's slow and i just wanted a clean install. Well I can't do that either because when I use the Media Creation Tool it tells I need 8gb of space...
  9. Reset vs Clean Install?

Reset vs Clean Install?: I just upgraded my notebook from 8.1. Win 10 is activated. I did the upgrade by creating an ISO using MCT, expanding the files to a USB hdd, then running Setup. I would now like to do a clean reinstall. Since I do not have bootable external media for the notebook, I'm...
  10. Reset or Clean install?

Reset or Clean install?: My brother has a Gateway SX2110G Win10 (x64) desktop that he got from a friend when it was on Windows 8. It’s now on Win10 1703 and runs well but the original owner’s account is still on the computer. I want to reset or clean install so he’s the only account on it. I’m...