Windows 10: Can't update; stupid message

Discus and support Can't update; stupid message in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried updating, get a message to say that I need to delete Avast Antivirus. Do exactly that, restart le PC. Go back to update aaaaaand it gives me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by T_458, Sep 14, 2019.

1. T_458 Win User

Can't update; stupid message

I tried updating, get a message to say that I need to delete Avast Antivirus. Do exactly that, restart le PC. Go back to update aaaaaand it gives me the exact same message :/

Only wanted this stupid update because since I forcibly got Microsoft Teams (which I have tried uninstalling 4 times to no avail), my PC hasn't been sleeping.

Please help

:)

T_458, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Sep 25, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Can't update; stupid message :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't update; stupid message - Similar Threads - Can't update stupid

2. Stupid widows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stupid widows update: Microsoft screwed up and corrupted my registry. I am no longer able to locate my folders and files. All downloads are hidden, whyyy? My business is totally damaged. Can I sue microsoft? I spent hours trying to fix and trying to locate my files but this stupid windows is going...
  3. Stupid widows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stupid widows update: Microsoft screwed up and corrupted my registry. I am no longer able to locate my folders and files. All downloads are hidden, whyyy? My business is totally damaged. Can I sue microsoft? I spent hours trying to fix and trying to locate my files but this stupid windows is going...
  4. Stupid widows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stupid MS updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stupid MS updates: Every time MS updates my computer, it and my printer get disconnected; the computer no longer recognizes the printer. This time, updating printer drivers had no effect. I tried every online solution. Wasted time. And now, MS no longer offers phone support. It seems I have no...
  6. Stupid updates and failed features

Stupid updates and failed features: I search for simple button, if it's not there someone really screwed up. I want to turn off auto update Also I want to turn off installing features (because they don't and popup we cant install features makes me want to throw my laptop) Windows update already killed 2 of...
  7. UPDATE STUPIDITY

UPDATE STUPIDITY: I have tried many ways to get the update assistant to accept the fact that there is no space to had on C drive it does not accept that FACT and go on to use an external USB Drive. What does it want from me ???????...
  8. stupid

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    stupid: Hello my name is wendy I have been dating one of those narcissistic crazies well he bought me a computer for Christmas and he has him down for administrator and put a password on it. How do I take that off and secure my computer...
  9. Stupid can't use anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stupid can't use anything: Microsoft make a better windows windows 10 is broken its full of errors and stuff so here goes i was ABOUT to download a thing from the store and then it told me to login and then ot shiweshiwed me this error code 0x800704cf and then i tried t opopeform some fixes like log...
  10. The stupid update 1607

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The stupid update 1607: So i just updatet my computer to the new update 1607 It was smooth update no problems, until I logged in waited a few seconds. Then clicked on google chrome. And right there it started freezing on me. Never happens before, I restart and waited few minutes logged in and BAM...