Windows 10: Can't update to 20H2 and and microsoft support aren't very helpful, can someone help?

Discus and support Can't update to 20H2 and and microsoft support aren't very helpful, can someone help? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm running windows 10 "2004" version on a modern laptop I bought this summer, installed all the drivers, updated to its latest bios, but whatever I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Easy-Quarter, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Can't update to 20H2 and and microsoft support aren't very helpful, can someone help?

I'm running windows 10 "2004" version on a modern laptop I bought this summer, installed all the drivers, updated to its latest bios, but whatever I do I can't update to 20H2. When I restart to update, it gets to 30%, then the laptop restarts, then it runs an automatic repair and removes the update files, once the laptops is on, I find this error code in the settings (windows update): 0x800f0845.

I've tried the following in order to fix the issue:

- Troubleshoot windows update

- Result: Can't find anything

- Run the system file checker:

- Result: Couldn't run system file checker, it said that I had to restart the laptop, I tried, but I kept getting the message to restart.. So I gave up on that and moved on

- Run DISM

- Result: It performed its task, but the update was still unsuccessful

- Resetting windows update components:

- Result: It performed its task, but the update was still unsuccessful

- Download windows update manually (With windows update assistant)

- Result: 3x Unsuccessful. I get an error saying: "Your PC has hardware that isn't ready for this version of Windows 10. Windows Update will automatically offer you this version of Windows 10 once the issue has been resolved." With a Learn more link that redirect me to this site: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4592819/error-when-plugging-in-a-thunderbolt-nvme-ssd

What I find odd is that althought there is a NVMe SSD within my laptop, there is no thunderbolt connection?? No on else with my laptop seem to have had this issue. My Macbook Pro 13 2013 on bootcamp managed to run it?

No I'm not dying for the 20H2 version, but I can't seem to update anything else on windows update without that piece of shit getting into the mix and disrupting everything.

It becomes frustrating as well when I keep deleting the download files and disabling windows update for it to just automatically start itself up again in 2 days, and then hearing the fans on my laptop increase to the max while it is going through its automatic repair.

Is any of this relatable or have I missed out on something? Microsoft support and microsoft communtiy have both ended up with telling me to use the microsoft update assistant, but I get the bolded message each time (the last bullet point).

Appreciate any help I can get, worse case scenario is that the laptop is trying to update itself during an exam...

submitted by /u/Easy-Quarter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Easy-Quarter, Dec 11, 2020
  2. diego Win User

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Can't update to 20H2 and and microsoft support aren't very helpful, can someone help? [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do the apps work fine apart form the icons not displaying correctly? If so I would suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if it helps. If the issue persists you may run DISM command and check.

Follow this steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and
        DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
        Enter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Dec 11, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't update to 20H2 and and microsoft support aren't very helpful, can someone help?

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't update to 20H2 and and microsoft support aren't very helpful, can someone help? :cool:

jmcslob, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Can't update to 20H2 and and microsoft support aren't very helpful, can someone help?

1. Can't update to 20H2 and and microsoft support aren't very helpful, can someone help? - Similar Threads - Can't update 20H2

2. Can someone help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can someone help?: My pc is have issues its saying that a installation media disc is missing and i have to get it repaired i have no access to it everytime i turn it on it stays on a black screen got boot management i cant boot anything anyone knows how to fix it...
  3. can someone help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can someone help: I have a issue with the audio on my windows 10 laptop i have already tried everything that microsoft says but when i whent into device manager and uninstalled Realtek audio in inputs and outputs and then restarted it Realtek audio didnt come upp again as microsoft said can...
  4. can someone help ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can someone help ?: i need help every time i try to download microsoft flight simulator it says i need to install game services so i install it then it needs update and when i try to update it says an error occurred...
  5. Can someone help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone help: Minidump 2.zipmsinfo.nfoid like to find what driver is causing me bsods. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-help/910d20c3-015c-42ab-a279-a3380bb6686c
  6. Can someone help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can someone help: Minidump 2.zipmsinfo.nfoid like to find what driver is causing me bsods. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-help/910d20c3-015c-42ab-a279-a3380bb6686c
  7. Can someone help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help: Hello i need help to return my laptop back to normal, i forbade an account on my laptop to go to/or read whats in the c drive, but then i got the "acces denied" message on my main account, i read what to do and made the main account "an owner" and gave every permission there...
  8. Can someone help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone help: Hello i need help to return my laptop back to normal, i forbade an account on my laptop to go to/or read whats in the c drive, but then i got the "acces denied" message on my main account, i read what to do and made the main account "an owner" and gave every permission there...
  9. Can someone help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Can someone help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone help?: I deleted the thing I tweaked in regedit Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia after that is nothing I was assuming when u delete it it resets on the restart can some one export me those submenus and entryes ( default ones from...