Windows 10: Can't update to 64 bit version of windows 10

Discus and support Can't update to 64 bit version of windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. But later i found out that i was in 32 bit version of windows 10. I tried to update to 64 bit by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PriyanshuKarn, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Can't update to 64 bit version of windows 10

I recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. But later i found out that i was in 32 bit version of windows 10. I tried to update to 64 bit by using media creation tool. but it said that my pc was incompatible. My pc has 2 GB RAM Intel core i3 2.4 ghz processor and it is 64 bit capable. what should i do now to update to 64 bit?

:)

PriyanshuKarn, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile Can't update to 64 bit version of windows 10 :)

3. Error during iTunes installation in Windows 10 64 bits version

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As you said that " it worked fine with 32-bit version", and there is a problem in installing in 64-bit version. But iTunes application is compatible with both the versions. There may be an issue with the PC which/iTunes application which is not supporting
    the particular PC.

The error code which you have provided is related to Windows update.

I suggest you to run the Windows update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

You can follow the steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box present in the Taskbar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Run Windows update Troubleshooter.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

SujataMoktan, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Can't update to 64 bit version of windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Can't update to 64 bit version of windows 10

1. Can't update to 64 bit version of windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't update bit

2. Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.: So, for some reason, I can't install the 64-bit version of windows 10. My pc meets the requirements hp compaq 6005 sff with ram upgraded to 4gb and storage upgraded to 500gb, I know, ancient and there is no problem with the USB stick I'm using. When I try to install it, it...
  3. Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.: So, for some reason, I can't install the 64-bit version of windows 10. My pc meets the requirements hp compaq 6005 sff with ram upgraded to 4gb and storage upgraded to 500gb, I know, ancient and there is no problem with the USB stick I'm using. When I try to install it, it...
  4. Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't update windows 10 64 bit - Error 0xc0000005

Can't update windows 10 64 bit - Error 0xc0000005: Research on this topic says that it could be drivers or bad file/sectors on the hard drive. Here's what I've done so far:Using the Lenovo support website, I've updated all drivers and BIOSInstalled an M.2 drive and cloned it from the C: drive, then booted from it. Still get...
  6. 64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs

64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs: 64 bit versions of apps I want to install say something like "64bit windows is required" and "this version will not work on your computer. Please download the 32 bit version instead.". The messages are also blurry. [ATTACH][ATTACH] System Type: 64-bit operating system,...
  7. 64 bit version Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    64 bit version Windows 10: How do I find out whether I am running 64 bit OS Windows 10 in my new laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bit-version-windows-10/f7b648cb-3d95-455e-aea5-16153988b220
  8. windows 10 64 bit version

windows 10 64 bit version: since the latest updates as from 07 01 2020 the keyboards and mouse are frozen or stuck until I hit the windows key or others. have deleted one update and now held them off for a few days. it also sticks when typing...
  9. Upgrading to a 64-bit version of Windows 10

Upgrading to a 64-bit version of Windows 10: I have used the media creation tool to create a 64-bit version of windows 10 and i put it onto a usb drive. When i tried booting my computer with the usb drive by selecting usb-hdd on the boot menu nothing happened and my computer just booted up normally like it always does....
  10. windows 10 - 64 bit updates.

windows 10 - 64 bit updates.: windows has updates that won't finish . no real clue as to why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-64-bit-updates/7a400d7a-7f4c-40ed-9963-911ba947bcc1