Windows 10: Can't Update to Latest Version of iTunes - "could not remove your previous installation" error

Discus and support Can't Update to Latest Version of iTunes - "could not remove your previous installation" error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a very old iphone. Tried downloading older version to reset and restore phone. Couldn't get it to work, issue turned out to be hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RyLe1, Feb 10, 2020.

1. RyLe1 Win User

Can't Update to Latest Version of iTunes - "could not remove your previous installation" error

I have a very old iphone. Tried downloading older version to reset and restore phone. Couldn't get it to work, issue turned out to be hardware related. Someone gave me their old iphone. Was able to get it backed up using older mac with current itunes. Windows computer has the most recent backup file that I would like to use. When I tried to delete all itunes versions and reinstall with latest version it us unable to due to some traces of older versions that it cannot remove.

I've followed all direction from apple website: deleting suggested common files in both 32 bit and 64 bit program file folders and uninstalling all apple products from the computer.

Not sure what to do next.

:)

RyLe1, Feb 10, 2020
  2. DRDNA Win User

3DMARK05 no install (remove previous version)

Just like the title says .I couldnt remove old install with add remove so I removed all folders and registry entries for 3DMARK05 but still same error remove previous version then the app stops the install . Big Time Bummer*Bang Head :banghead:

DRDNA, Feb 10, 2020
  3. iTunes fails to install on Windows 10 with error 2

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to access iTunes on Windows 10.

Do let us know the complete error notification along with error code?

I suggest you to uninstall the iTunes software, download the latest version and try to install in compatibility mode on Windows 10.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated software from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the software installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the iTunes software and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 10, 2020
  4. bsarte Win User

Can't Update to Latest Version of iTunes - "could not remove your previous installation" error

iTunes Installation Error - error status 1603

I just got a new phone, and I was having a problem getting iTunes to recognize it. I was able to sync my old phone and my iPad, but not my new phone. One of the suggestions was to uninstall iTunes and reinstall it -- so I uninstalled it, but now I cannot reinstall it. I downloaded the latest version of iTunes, and when I run the install it fails to install and exits with an "installation error."

When I look in the event logs, I see:

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: iTunes. Product Version: 12.6.1.25. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Apple Inc.. Installation success or error status: 1603.

I have tried cleaning up all the loose directories, removing all the other Apple software (except iCloud Settings), restarting a number of times -- still no joy.

Any thoughts on this?

bsarte, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't Update to Latest Version of iTunes - "could not remove your previous installation" error - Similar Threads - Can't Update Latest

2. Today my iTunes will not open - says "Your previous iTunes installation must be removed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Today my iTunes will not open - says "Your previous iTunes installation must be removed...: I have been using it fine since getting my new computer and I am afraid to remove it like it says. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/today-my-itunes-will-not-open-says-your-previous/12fdcc41-bceb-4952-a506-c00e1fe279eb
  3. Today my iTunes will not open - says "Your previous iTunes installation must be removed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Today my iTunes will not open - says "Your previous iTunes installation must be removed...: I have been using it fine since getting my new computer and I am afraid to remove it like it says. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/today-my-itunes-will-not-open-says-your-previous/12fdcc41-bceb-4952-a506-c00e1fe279eb
  4. Can't update to the latest update version 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update to the latest update version 21H2: Everytime I shut down my laptop or restart it, the laptop starts the updating process. Everything seems fine, then the screen just says 'We couldn't complete the updates' and gets stuck on that screen for a while, then the laptop starts normally. The laptop never updates, and...
  5. Can't update to the latest update version 21H2

Can't update to the latest update version 21H2: Everytime I shut down my laptop or restart it, the laptop starts the updating process. Everything seems fine, then the screen just says 'We couldn't complete the updates' and gets stuck on that screen for a while, then the laptop starts normally. The laptop never updates, and...
  6. Can't update to the latest update version 21H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Itunes cannot remove previous installation despite all efforts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Itunes cannot remove previous installation despite all efforts: I have followed this uninstall procedure offered up by Apple Support without success: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204275 The Microsoft Store successfully downloads Itunes, but when I click "install" this error surfaces. "Your previous iTunes installation must be...
  8. installing latest itunes.

installing latest itunes.: Hello, I have tried to update itunes on several occasions but to no avail, I decided to uninstall it and all related files in the correct order as stated on the apple site, but once I installed the latest itunes app from the microsoft store I received a banner on screen...
  9. Can't install iTunes.

Can't install iTunes.: I recently got a new laptop and I tried installing iTunes so I can sync my it with my phone. I opened the Microsoft Store but the "Install" button is in gray so that means that it can't be downloaded. Above, I can see that it says that "You own this app." but I can't install...
  10. Latest update has removed iTunes from default apps by types

Latest update has removed iTunes from default apps by types: I've never had a problem with any of the updates until this last one. As the title indicates iTunes does not show up as an alternative choice. iTunes starts as always, but no music is played. I've even downloaded the app from the windows store and it does not appear as well....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. itunes could not remove previous installation