Windows 10: Can't update to latest Windows

Discus and support Can't update to latest Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey I am trying to get the latest October 2018 update (build 1809) on my pc since release date. It downloaded but never installed. Initially there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by luffysanOP, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Can't update to latest Windows

Hey I am trying to get the latest October 2018 update (build 1809) on my pc since release date.

It downloaded but never installed.

Initially there were problems I heard about like rolling out in phases and update cancelled due to some bugs, so I assumed this was done in user interest. But it's been quite a bit of time now but I still ain't getting the update.

I have tried a lot of stuff like trying to update via Update Assistant, troubleshooting updates and deleting update files (WINDOWS~BT folder) but still no luck. Ran the windows 10 update troubleshooter which said but couldn't repair Windows update components. So I tried to manually do the thing using CMD with the help of a website. Now even though the troubleshooter says the problem of repairing windows update components is fixed, I still am not getting the update.

Furthermore, every time I run the troubleshooter it says there are pending updates and asking me to apply fix. It applies the fix and I get green tick marks but the next time I run it does the same thing all over again.

Can't update to latest Windows 88ad27ab-2191-49fd-8c79-da72aa7211fb?upload=true.png

I do not wish to reset the PC as a solution because that is not a good solution for fixing a problem I had no hand in and is super dumb.

Also this is super concerning since this could mean I don't get updates and patches in future too.

:)

luffysanOP, Oct 16, 2018

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Oct 16, 2018
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 16, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Can't update to latest Windows

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Can't update to latest Windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Can't update to latest Windows

1. Can't update to latest Windows - Similar Threads - Can't update latest

2. Can't update to the latest windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update to the latest windows 10 update.: Everytime I have tried to update my windows 10, it doesn't work, I'll go to sleep while it's updating and it'll be stuck at a random number. I've tried everything in this guide:...
  3. Can't update to the latest windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't update to the latest windows 10 update.: Everytime I have tried to update my windows 10, it doesn't work, I'll go to sleep while it's updating and it'll be stuck at a random number. I've tried everything in this guide:...
  4. Can't update to the latest windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't update to the latest update version 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update to the latest update version 21H2: Everytime I shut down my laptop or restart it, the laptop starts the updating process. Everything seems fine, then the screen just says 'We couldn't complete the updates' and gets stuck on that screen for a while, then the laptop starts normally. The laptop never updates, and...
  6. Can't update to the latest update version 21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't update to the latest update version 21H2: Everytime I shut down my laptop or restart it, the laptop starts the updating process. Everything seems fine, then the screen just says 'We couldn't complete the updates' and gets stuck on that screen for a while, then the laptop starts normally. The laptop never updates, and...
  7. Can't update to the latest update version 21H2

8. Can't get the latest Windows 10 Update.

Can't get the latest Windows 10 Update.: I have been unable to update my laptop. The update is:Whenever I try and update, It says something like "Windows couldn't complete the update. Undoing changes."I have tried updating for 2-3 times, and have ran the windows update troubleshooter from settings. No help. Plus, if...
  9. Can't download latest windows update.

Can't download latest windows update.: I'm told that a "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1" is available, but the windows update screen says "Updates are available, but they are too big to download over your current connection. We'll download the updates as soon as you connect to Wi-Fi."Why would I want to...
  10. Can't update windows 10 to latest

Can't update windows 10 to latest: I am not able to update windows 10 to 2004 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-windows-10-to-latest/5e9bdbe0-e2f3-4dda-bd8b-b033757f6c79