Windows 10: Can't update to Windows 10 version 1903 because of SSD using AMD Threadripper driver

Discus and support Can't update to Windows 10 version 1903 because of SSD using AMD Threadripper driver in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, My computer is currently on version 1803 of Windows 10 and is trying to install the version 1903 but it fails. When I try to fix the errors, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Greak1, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Greak1 Win User

Can't update to Windows 10 version 1903 because of SSD using AMD Threadripper driver

Hello,

My computer is currently on version 1803 of Windows 10 and is trying to install the version 1903 but it fails. When I try to fix the errors, I get the message:

"AMD Ryzen™ or AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ configured in SATA or NVMe RAID mode.
    A driver is installed that causes stability problems on Windows. This driver will be disabled. Check with your software/driver provider for an updated version that runs on this version of Windows."

(more information about the error here)

I then downloaded the drivers update on the AMD website but when I launched the driver's update, I got an error that said it can't be done as I have no AMD CPU or GPU (which is true).

From what I've read so far, the problem comes from my SSD (where Windows is installed) which uses the AMD driver.

What am I supposed to do now ?

I've read some topics on this problem but it seems no one has a reliable solution.

Here are more details about my computer :

Windows 10 version 1803

CPU: Intel i7-9700K

GPU: NVidia RTX 2080

SSD: AMD-RAID Samsung SSD 970 SCSI Disk Device. Windows is installed on this one, and I believe this is the disk using the AMD driver.

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (ST2000DM008-2FR102)

Thanks for your help.

François.

:)

Greak1, Oct 3, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Lewis_G Win User
    AMD R6 Graphics (Primary) Not Working After Windows 10 1903 update

Thanks for your quick reply.

I found the solution for this problem by trying various combinations.

The steps that I followed were:

1. Install Windows 10 1903 via the update assistant.
    2. Windows will alert that no drivers are installed for the AMD device on completion of installation of Windows 10 1903.
    3. Go to Device Manager
    4. Uninstall the device(For my case the R6 graphics, that had error code 43).
    5. Do not scan for hardware changes.
    6. Install AMD display driver (19.7.1 is the one I installed)

Note: The display remained black for 8minutes, in my case, while installing the AMD driver.

Done.

Lewis_G, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Can't update to Windows 10 version 1903 because of SSD using AMD Threadripper driver

Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released

Latest AMD Crimson Chipset Drivers Released

Can't update to Windows 10 version 1903 because of SSD using AMD Threadripper driver [​IMG]
    Information WHQL version: 18.10.0830
    Release Date: September 4, 2018

Supports:

Windows® 7/10 for
    • 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
    • 7th-Gen AMD A-Series Processors
    • AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
    • AMD X470 Chipset
    • AMD X370 Chipset
    • AMD B450 Chipset
    • AMD B350 Chipset
    • AMD A320 Chipset
    Windows® 10 only for
    • 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
    • AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
    • AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor with Radeon™ Vega Graphics
    • AMD X399 Chipset
    Package Includes:
    • AMD Chipset Drivers
    • AMD Ryzen™ Balanced Power Plan

AMD Chipsets Driver Download

Brink, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't update to Windows 10 version 1903 because of SSD using AMD Threadripper driver - Similar Threads - Can't update version

2. USB Audio Class driver can't use on amd Platformwin10 1903/1909

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Audio Class driver can't use on amd Platformwin10 1903/1909: In my intel laptop,the uac driver can use.but useless in my am4 and fm2+ Platform.WHY? usb3.0 Device Driver has included in win10. code 43 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-audio-class-driver-cant-use-on-amd/8da615b6-a998-41c6-9c56-62f456459eed
  3. Cannot Update Windows 10 1903 Because Of Realtek Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Update Windows 10 1903 Because Of Realtek Driver: Hi! I've been trying to update my windows 10 for a while since its reached end of service and I can no longer stream with audio to my friends on discord It goes almost completely through the process and then says I need to fix the Realtek Bluetooth Driver. However, it...
  4. Can't update to version 1903

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update to version 1903: Around about maybe 3 months ago, I first got the update for version 1903 and that's when all this stress and panic started. For some reason, my computer didn't want to update; I don't remember much from the earlier times it tried to update but here's what my update history...
  5. fail update windows 10 1903 version because virtualbox

fail update windows 10 1903 version because virtualbox: Im using windows 10 professional, recently fail to get update and receive this message I have manually uninstalled virtualbox, but I cant find it in uninstalled menu...
  6. Can't do update because of storage. Windows 10, version 1903 (4)

Can't do update because of storage. Windows 10, version 1903 (4): My system take up 12.1 gb out of my 19.1 gb, and I need 8 gb to do the update. I can't delete anything from the system's folder. 142880
  7. Cannot update to Windows 10, version 1903, because of partition

Cannot update to Windows 10, version 1903, because of partition: I cannot update to version 1903 of Windows 10 because it "couldn't update the system reserved partition." So, I ran disk management and found (a) Disk 0 partition 1 - EFI system partition - 260MB capacity, 260MB free; (b) Disk 0 partition 4 - OEM partition - 880MB capacity,...
  8. Can't update to Windows 10, version 1903

Can't update to Windows 10, version 1903: My windows 10 can't update to the latest version because "this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware". Is there any way that I fix this issue? Thanks!...
  9. Can't install any older Amd drivers in latest windows 10 update 1903

Can't install any older Amd drivers in latest windows 10 update 1903: I just recently updated to may 2019 windows 10 update.However I am unable to install old amd drivers in it.Latest driver has scren freezing issue.So I can't install dr8vers other than 17.7.1 .The new drivers are 19.5.1 Also even If I try to use older driver than 19.7.1...
  10. Why amd version 1961 driver did't work on windows 10 1903

Why amd version 1961 driver did't work on windows 10 1903: [IMG]i previusly uninstalled and reinstaled but still found the same problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-amd-version-1961-driver-didt-work-on-windows/abae958a-62d8-4d87-93ac-120a2a5af368