Windows 10: Can't update to Windows 20h2

Discus and support Can't update to Windows 20h2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been trying to update to this forever. My computer will start the update and then get to like 20-40% and then get stuck on a black screen. My fans... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CrimsonwolfXIX, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Can't update to Windows 20h2

I've been trying to update to this forever. My computer will start the update and then get to like 20-40% and then get stuck on a black screen. My fans literally go to full speed and my bios light indicators show the computer is restarting over and over really fast. Windows Updater and Troubleshooter can't find any problems except for with my BITS service. IDK what that means. But I haven't been able to update successfully. My version of Windows is about to be out of service as well.Also saw this error code: 0xc1900101All my drivers are up to date.

:)

CrimsonwolfXIX, Jul 15, 2021

2. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jul 15, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Update History is not showing v.20H2

Hi Dominic

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

This is normal behavior in Windows 10, typically when you install a Feature Update like 20h2, the update history is wiped, this is to prevent the user from trying to uninstall an update that was prior to the Feature Update, which would de-stabilize Windows
    10, the list should start building again, when some updates are applied to version 20h2 . . .

DaveM121, Jul 15, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Can't update to Windows 20h2

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Can't update to Windows 20h2 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

Can't update to Windows 20h2

1. Can't update to Windows 20h2 - Similar Threads - Can't update 20h2

2. Windows 10 20H2 can't update/reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 can't update/reset: I've tried every method out there. My issue is idk when but about a year ago my pc wouldn't update and fail and has been that way ever since. My progress will goto 7% then loop restart with a failec to update, undoing changes error every single time. I just want to update to...
  3. Windows can't be activated after update 20H2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows can't be activated after update 20H2: I had a valid Windows License education pro.After I updated my Windows version to 20H2 I have the problem that my copy of Windows can't be activated.The error message says that I must be sure I am connected to the internet and I have to try later again. How is it possible...
  4. Can't update Windows 10 20H2 to 21H1

Can't update Windows 10 20H2 to 21H1: I'm trying to update to 21H1 from 20H2 but after numerous attempts, it still won't work! I'm on a dual boot laptop. I've tried: unplugged everything USB. checked for updates Windows Update. updated applications 5. ran sfc didn't find any issues. ran chkdsk. ran Windows Update...
  5. can't update to windows 10 20h2

can't update to windows 10 20h2: My laptop can't update to Windows 10 20h2 Update It just say "pending download" and on the update history it says"Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2""Failed to install on ‎25/‎04/‎2021 - 0x8024000b"...
  6. Can't update window to window 20h2

Can't update window to window 20h2: as i said can't update window to window 20h2 keep saying VirtualBox uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with window 10 so my installing bar is stuck in 14%, tried to search the virtualbox but can't find it in apps and programs. this is the photo...
  7. Can't Install Windows 20H2 Update

Can't Install Windows 20H2 Update: Hi,I am unable to install windows 20H2 update. At first , I downloaded the update through settings but when i restarted my PC.I installs for some time but after that the message comes "Undoing changes made to your computer". I also used the following methods to update my PC,...
  8. Can't update to windows 20h2

Can't update to windows 20h2: I've been trying for some time now to update my 1909 to 20h2 by using windows update assistant but it got stuck at 99% and i waited for 18 hours with no luck. Started using the setup tool but that also stuck at 31% . I've tried some solutions online but they didn't work....
  9. Can't update Windows 10 to 20H2 update

Can't update Windows 10 to 20H2 update: Running Version 2004. It always rolls back after first restart. link to setupact.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak4GtT140HDBnUXqySZYe1lPPAT0?e=eLtu16 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-windows-10-to-20h2-update/c85dd861-0204-4f1d-990e-fd22e17b7f98
  10. Can't update to 20H2

Can't update to 20H2: I have windows 1903 , build 18362.1139 and I can't update to 20H2 because it give me this error: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 i tried both standard windows update and with media creation tool, i also removed all unsigned drivers and tried a clean boot. Error log:...