Windows 10: Can't update Win 10 Home in any way

Discus and support Can't update Win 10 Home in any way in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A few months ago, i tried to search for updates in settings, but it just gives a blank screen. After that, i tried to manually install the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Darren_wl03, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Can't update Win 10 Home in any way

A few months ago, i tried to search for updates in settings, but it just gives a blank screen. After that, i tried to manually install the latest update, but i got this error: "Can't find the necessary file. Please check if you have permission to write to the installation folder". I searched this error on the internet, but nothing that helped. Today i tried to reinstall windows with the option to keep all files and apps, but on there, i got some weird error too that said i need to uninstall virtualbox, even tought there is no trace of the app on my pc.

Should i just hard reset my pc, or is there still a way to update it?

submitted by /u/Darren_wl03
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Darren_wl03, Mar 4, 2021

2. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Mar 4, 2021
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Can't update Win 10 Home in any way

Lumia 1020 running Win 8.1 is not detected by my desktop (Win 8.1) and laptop (Win 7)

Hello,

Since 2-3 weeks now, I have not been able to connect my Lumia 1020 phone to either of my machines (Win 8.1 and Win 7). Not sure what changed with either of the devices in the meantime.

I have a Lumia 1020 with the following configuration:

- Carrier: AT&T

- Software: Windows Phone 8.1 Update

- OS Version: 8.10.14203.306

I've tried:

- Steps listed in here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749484
    but with no success.

- Soft-resetting the phone but to no avail.

- Turning the phone all the way off. Connected the phone to the PC but drivers did not load

- Running Microsoft FixIt tool

- Steps listed in several other communities related to other users having similar problem with their Win 8 phone

Also, I do not see my phone name listed under System information. It shows my phone as an Unknown USB Device with an Exclamation mark.

Any suggestions/help?

MayankM001, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Can't update Win 10 Home in any way

1. Can't update Win 10 Home in any way - Similar Threads - Can't update Home

2. Win 10 Home - any way to change display language?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Home - any way to change display language?: New laptop with 10 Home 20H2 Single Language preinstalled. On set up yesterday I changed all the other language settings to English UK but could not change the Display Language. In the drop down it would not allow any other language to even show although I have 2 others.It...
  3. Win 10 Home - any way to change display language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Home - any way to change display language?: New laptop with 10 Home 20H2 Single Language preinstalled. On set up yesterday I changed all the other language settings to English UK but could not change the Display Language. In the drop down it would not allow any other language to even show although I have 2 others.It...
  4. Win 10 Home - any way to change display language?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 home - can't find any updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 home - can't find any updates: So, Windows 10 just updated to version 1803. It tells me it's nearing end of support (apparently 12/11/2019, so yesterday) I click find updates, it then tells me "You're up to date" which is a lie. Can I not get automatic updates now that I'm at the end of support for that...
  6. windows update (win 10 home)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update (win 10 home): how can I turn update off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-win-10-home/de6fcb74-fb7c-4330-9f5f-0b00b18378c6
  7. Best/easiest way to upgrade a Win 10 Home to Pro

Best/easiest way to upgrade a Win 10 Home to Pro: I have an unused Win 7 Pro (or whatever it was called back then) retail license, and I also have a Win 10 Pro VM that I really don't use. What is the easiest or best way to do an in-place upgrade of this Win 10 Home laptop? I don't want to do a fresh install, since that...
  8. Update WIN 10 home

Update WIN 10 home: I have WiNDOWS 10 HOME edition version of operation system 17134. Can not instal update KB4480966. There is message failure 0x8024200d. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-win-10-home/4065c035-a47b-4d84-a70f-c9d7af926186
  9. Update Win 10 Home to Pro

Update Win 10 Home to Pro: I tried to update Win 10 Home to Pro with a Win 7 pro license and I got this error code 0x803F8001 The last product you entered can't be used on this copy of Windows.. any help would be appreciated.. Thanks Ron...
  10. Any way to upgrade baytrail Win 8.1 to any version of Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to upgrade baytrail Win 8.1 to any version of Win 10?: I'm getting a factory installed dual boot Win 8.1/Android 4.4 tablet that has an Intel Baytrail Z3735F processor. Will I be able to upgrade the Win 8.1 to any version of Windows 10, be it original full or mobile versions? Thanks. 7277