Windows 10: Can't Update Win 10: Kmode Exception Not Handled

Discus and support Can't Update Win 10: Kmode Exception Not Handled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can't seem to update Windows 10 64-bit home from version 1903 (May 2019) HP ENVY Phoenix Desktop - 860-121, 16GB RAM, GTX 970, 500GB SSD As it goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by planet99, Feb 8, 2021.

1. planet99 Win User

Can't Update Win 10: Kmode Exception Not Handled

I can't seem to update Windows 10 64-bit home from version 1903 (May 2019)

HP ENVY Phoenix Desktop - 860-121, 16GB RAM, GTX 970, 500GB SSD

As it goes through the update process, it stops about 27% complete and I get a BSOD with the KMOD exception not handled error. There is NO error number or other information specific to the error.

I have tried updating the drivers as best as I can. I know the BIOS is up to date (or at least the latest that HP offers).

I have also tried using the Windows 10 Installation Media tool to try and refresh Windows while keeping my Files and Apps, but again, I got a BSOD with the KMOD Exception not handled error (again, without any error number or additional diagnostic info).

If anyone is wondering, the method I used is outlined in this video:

https://youtu.be/5vuaXGox5f0

Any other thoughts before I have to wipe the disk and reinstall Windows completely?

(And to be honest, if I have to wipe and reinstall the OS, I will probably just replace it with Linux Debian, or Mint or Manjaro.)

:)

planet99, Feb 8, 2021

2. Windows 10 - BSOD: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (cng.sys)

Hi,

We suggest that you try the workaround suggested on DonchakVS's reply on August 5, 2015 and check if it resolves the issue:

Windows 10 - BSOD: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (cng.sys).

Rolando Vil, Feb 8, 2021
  3. kkempker Win User
    BSOD with KMODE Exception not handle, no driver listed

Hey all

I have a couple Dell laptops here, both are Latitude E6540 with identical specs. Both laptops we had at work and at Windows 10 with no issues.

I formatted both and reinstalled Win 7 pro, used the Dell Command Update to update the BIOS, video drivers (AMD and Intel both) and a couple other items that I can't remember. Using Windows 7 works fine, no issues. I then upgraded to Win 10 and that's when I start to have issues. After it completes the upgrade and I'm at the desktop, I start to get the BSOD and the KMODE Exception not handle with no driver listed. It then reboots, then repeats the BSOD and KMODE Exception not handle in a loop. I can get into safe mode however.

Can I run the collector program in safe mode?

TIA

kkempker, Feb 8, 2021
  4. HaTran12 Win User

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (HFSys.sys)

When I upgraded to win 10 from win 7 pro, and my laptop restared with the error "KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (HFSys.sys). Who had met this matter and solv4 this, please to share and fix it

HaTran12, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't Update Win 10: Kmode Exception Not Handled - Similar Threads - Can't Update Kmode

2. KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: I receive this error just randomly when I'm using my laptop. I tried resetting my laptop but the error just comes up on the process of resetting so my laptop quits the resetting process. My laptop is Acer A515-56G....
  3. kmode exception not handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kmode exception not handled: I have been getting random errors that have been causing BSOD on my computer. There has been IRQL not less or equal, stop mode exception, and kmode exception not handled. I have no idea what is causing these issues. Always happens while playing games as well and graphics...
  4. Kmode exception not handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kmode exception not handled: I have been getting this error called Kmode exception not handled this always results in a blue screen of death. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening I have updated all drivers and I’m currently testing ram to see if that is bad....
  5. BSODs - WIN 10 - KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs - WIN 10 - KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hello,I'm having trouble with some BSOD in the last few days. They happen at random times with different messages and last was KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED message with Ndu.sys as the cause. No idea how to fix, I already tried updating drivers, firmware, deleting some software...
  6. BSODs - WIN 10 - KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs - WIN 10 - KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hello,I'm having trouble with some BSOD in the last few days. They happen at random times with different messages and last was KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED message with Ndu.sys as the cause. No idea how to fix, I already tried updating drivers, firmware, deleting some software...
  7. BSODs - WIN 10 - KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: My computer receives a BSOD and error with this every 10-15 minutes or so and I am trying to diagnose the root cause. I have the Memory.DMP if it would be helpful....
  9. KMODE exception not handle

KMODE exception not handle: When in game i get KMODE exception not handle at random times sometimes straight off sometimes a few hours. And when it happens my computer cant boot up properly it start shut downing and reboting while screen stays black. Problem started happening when lose of power...
  10. KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hi, I got the KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Blue Screen but no more information than that. Most articled i have read say there should be more information on the blue screen but there is not. I had not turned on this computer for about three weeks since I was not in that...