Windows 10: Can't Update Win 10 Version due to a safeguard but my version reaches end of life soon.

Discus and support Can't Update Win 10 Version due to a safeguard but my version reaches end of life soon. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't update to Win 10 version 2004 due to a safeguard possibly the affected Conexant or Synaptics audio drivers one. However, I'm receiving a notice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GTProSeries, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Can't Update Win 10 Version due to a safeguard but my version reaches end of life soon.

I can't update to Win 10 version 2004 due to a safeguard possibly the affected Conexant or Synaptics audio drivers one. However, I'm receiving a notice that my version of Win 10 will reach end of service soon. My PC is less than 2 years old. What options do I have. Thanks!

submitted by /u/GTProSeries
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GTProSeries, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Windows 10 version 1703 reaches end of life on October 9, 2019

Source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...message-center

Brink, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    What happens when 1803 reaches end of life date

Unless you've taken steps to block/defer feature and/or quality updates, then by now you should see an 'end of life' warning and a 'Download and install now' option for the Feature Update. I see this in 1803 on my test machine:

Can't Update Win 10 Version due to a safeguard but my version reaches end of life soon. [​IMG]

Some however are seeing a 'not quite ready...' message (usually due the 3rd-party drivers/software that needs an update).

Can't Update Win 10 Version due to a safeguard but my version reaches end of life soon. [​IMG]

Device not ready to update to 1903

As the end of life approaches an 'un-tweaked' install of 1803 should be automatically updated to 1903 through Windows Update. This has already started....

Microsoft now auto updating Windows 10 version 1803 and older to 1903

If you have 'tweaked' your system in any way to put off updates, then undo those tweaks now. After clicking 'Check for updates' it should either say 'download and install now' if it passes initial compatibility checks, or 'not quite ready...' if it doesn't.

4. Brink Win User

Can't Update Win 10 Version due to a safeguard but my version reaches end of life soon.

Windows 10 version 1703 reaches end of life on October 9, 2019

Source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...message-center

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Can't Update Win 10 Version due to a safeguard but my version reaches end of life soon.

1. Can't Update Win 10 Version due to a safeguard but my version reaches end of life soon. - Similar Threads - Can't Update Version

2. Version of Windows 10 reaching end of service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Version of Windows 10 reaching end of service?: Hello all Window users and/or Employees...I've been receiving notices for quite some time regarding certain security updates that fail to take place on my PC, or version of windows, aka reaching end of service??? My version is only 2 years old.Please see notice...
  3. Version of Windows 10 reaching end of service?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Version of Windows 10 reaching end of service?: Hello all Window users and/or Employees...I've been receiving notices for quite some time regarding certain security updates that fail to take place on my PC, or version of windows, aka reaching end of service??? My version is only 2 years old.Please see notice...
  4. Version of Windows 10 reaching end of service?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. When Win 10 Feature version 1909 reaches end of life in May, does it FORCE the Feature...

When Win 10 Feature version 1909 reaches end of life in May, does it FORCE the Feature...: When Win 10 Feature version 1909 reaches end of life in May, does it FORCE the Feature update to 20H2 for end users for Win 10 Professional? We are currently slowly updating our User base from 1909 to 20H2. What happens if we do not complete by the EOL in May? Does it FORCE...
  6. My version of Windows 10 will reach end of service soon, but the May 2020 update isn't...

My version of Windows 10 will reach end of service soon, but the May 2020 update isn't...: Last year, when I noticed a message in Windows Update that said... Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004. The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it's ready for your device, you'll see the update available on this page. I googled the message and learned...
  7. Your version of Windows 10 will reach end of service soon.

Your version of Windows 10 will reach end of service soon.: Hello there, I received this notification from Windows Update today : "Your version of Windows 10 will reach end of service soon. Click to download a newer version of Windows 10 to stay supported". The problem is that Windows 10 v2004 isn't available to me for reasons...
  8. Your version of windows 10 will reach end of service soon - why does it not update...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your version of windows 10 will reach end of service soon - why does it not update...: I'm on winver 1909 and have a Surface Book 2. Recently I've been getting the Windows Update notification: Your version of Windows 10 will reach end of service soon. Click to download a newer version of Windows 10 to stay supported. Windows has in the past, always...
  9. Notification that my version of windows 10 is reaching end of service soon, but I'm fully...

Notification that my version of windows 10 is reaching end of service soon, but I'm fully...: Over the past few days I've been getting the update notification in the system tray, and the message when hovering over it says something like "your version of windows is coming to an end soon, click here to update", but when I click it, and it takes me to the update section,...
  10. Windows 10 version 1703 reaches end of life on October 9, 2019

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1703 reaches end of life on October 9, 2019: The Enterprise and Education editions of Windows 10, version 1703 (the Windows 10 Creators Update) will reach end of life on October 9, 2019. The Home, Pro, Pro for Workstations, and IoT Core editions reached end of service on October 8, 2018. There is no extended support...