Windows 10: Can't Update Win10 Without BSOD

Discus and support Can't Update Win10 Without BSOD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok y'all... I have custom built PC. I recently switched from a standard SSD to a M.2 for my primary drive. When I update Win10, the boot order gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ivapelocal, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Can't Update Win10 Without BSOD

Ok y'all... I have custom built PC. I recently switched from a standard SSD to a M.2 for my primary drive. When I update Win10, the boot order gets mixed up and I get BSOD. I have to go back and manually change the boot order but win10 doesn't update. I've been pausing updates for about 3 months now. I also paid a computer tech (a local guy, not a shady Indian tech support scam) to remote into my machine and try to solve, but it didn't work.

Here's what I want to do:

1. Unplug my former SSDs.
    2. Reinstall a fresh copy of Win10 on my M.2.
    3. Manually reinstall all programs.

Also, I used Macrium Reflect to copy my former SSD to my new M.2, so I think that's the issue.

Is there anything wrong with my plan?

PS. I keep my files on a 1tb HDD. My only concern is my Chrome profile and saved PWs (yeah, I know I should use 1Password or Lastpass but I don't). I figure my PWs are synced up with my Chrome profile, but I copied the Chrome "Default" folder to me HDD just in case.

submitted by /u/ivapelocal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ivapelocal, Nov 28, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Toothless Win User

Can't Update Win10 Without BSOD

Win10 updates

Which Windows updates in 8.1 where the gateway to installing Win10? I've ALWAYS had update as a "check but let me decide" basis however I woke up to this.

Can't Update Win10 Without BSOD [​IMG]

With a bunch more (even AMD 7900 drivers, like wtf)

I'm trying to avoid the Win10 shitfest but good lord what has Microsoft done.

Toothless, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Can't Update Win10 Without BSOD

1. Can't Update Win10 Without BSOD - Similar Threads - Can't Update Win10

2. Why can't the updates work without causing BSOD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't the updates work without causing BSOD?: The March rollup for windows 10 22H2 on my main work machine started causing blue screens right after the update. Even worse, it seems at some time windows turned off my protection so there were no restore points. To make matters worse something went wrong with my restore and...
  3. Why can't the updates work without causing BSOD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't the updates work without causing BSOD?: The March rollup for windows 10 22H2 on my main work machine started causing blue screens right after the update. Even worse, it seems at some time windows turned off my protection so there were no restore points. To make matters worse something went wrong with my restore and...
  4. Why can't the updates work without causing BSOD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSOD AND no recent WIN10 updates

BSOD AND no recent WIN10 updates: I get a BSOD restart Memory management and 0xc0000005 error and resets to ALL previous states no uninstalls, no new downloads, etc.. Can't do recent Windows updates Malicious Software Removal Too Error 0x800b0003 and Win10 Security Update: Error 0x8009200d . Have tried to...
  6. Can't update Windows 10 without updating BIOS, but can't update BIOS without updating...

Can't update Windows 10 without updating BIOS, but can't update BIOS without updating...: I've tried updating windows 10, but i keep getting this message that says it wont work without uninstalling the version of BIOS thats on my laptop first. so i looked up my laptop model HP 17-g121wm on hp.com to find the latest BIOS version and tried downloading that, but then...
  7. BSOD - Win10: Driver Verifier without any driver information

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Win10: Driver Verifier without any driver information: Hello, everybody, For quite some time I have had some problems with my Surface Book 2. There are more and more BSODs, e.g. when playing, surfing and sometimes even when the screen is not active. I have already tested some approaches, also from the forum, and then I came...
  8. (UPDATED) - Can't find a solution to "freezing without BSOD"

(UPDATED) - Can't find a solution to "freezing without BSOD": I created a topic on September 3, 2019 titled "Can't find a solution to "freezing without BSOD". I did everything Independent Advisor said to me. Since that day I run my computer without any problem. But in last 48 hours I had two freezes without BSOD again. The first...
  9. Can't find a solution to "freezing without BSOD".

Can't find a solution to "freezing without BSOD".: Since the day I got my own build PC, I experience lots of "freeze" without any blue screen. Early times, I was having "freeze" with glitching sound. But later on, glitching went into silence. Now I'm just having "freeze" without sound and blue screen. I thought, It might be...
  10. Can't Update win10

Can't Update win10: First of all, I'm new here and I'm from Chile (non english native speaker). So, I apologize myself if I'm somewhat hard to read. Thing is that I'm kinda desperated for help with this problem. My computer has been trying to update since like 2 months ago and it's really...