Windows 10: Can't update window to window 20h2

Discus and support Can't update window to window 20h2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; as i said can't update window to window 20h2 keep saying VirtualBox uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with window 10 so my installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ranny1998, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Ranny1998 Win User

Can't update window to window 20h2

as i said can't update window to window 20h2 keep saying VirtualBox uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with window 10
    so my installing bar is stuck in 14%, tried to search the virtualbox but can't find it in apps and programs.

this is the photo

https://prnt.sc/xlbmu1

:)

Ranny1998, Jan 25, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 25, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 25, 2021
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Thema:

1. Can't update window to window 20h2 - Similar Threads - Can't update window

2. Windows 10 20H2 can't update/reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 can't update/reset: I've tried every method out there. My issue is idk when but about a year ago my pc wouldn't update and fail and has been that way ever since. My progress will goto 7% then loop restart with a failec to update, undoing changes error every single time. I just want to update to...
  3. Windows can't be activated after update 20H2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows can't be activated after update 20H2: I had a valid Windows License education pro.After I updated my Windows version to 20H2 I have the problem that my copy of Windows can't be activated.The error message says that I must be sure I am connected to the internet and I have to try later again. How is it possible...
  4. Can't update Windows 10 20H2 to 21H1

Can't update Windows 10 20H2 to 21H1: I'm trying to update to 21H1 from 20H2 but after numerous attempts, it still won't work! I'm on a dual boot laptop. I've tried: unplugged everything USB. checked for updates Windows Update. updated applications 5. ran sfc didn't find any issues. ran chkdsk. ran Windows Update...
  5. Can't update to Windows 20h2

Can't update to Windows 20h2: I've been trying to update to this forever. My computer will start the update and then get to like 20-40% and then get stuck on a black screen. My fans literally go to full speed and my bios light indicators show the computer is restarting over and over really fast. Windows...
  6. can't update to windows 10 20h2

can't update to windows 10 20h2: My laptop can't update to Windows 10 20h2 Update It just say "pending download" and on the update history it says"Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2""Failed to install on ‎25/‎04/‎2021 - 0x8024000b"...
  7. Can't Install Windows 20H2 Update

Can't Install Windows 20H2 Update: Hi,I am unable to install windows 20H2 update. At first , I downloaded the update through settings but when i restarted my PC.I installs for some time but after that the message comes "Undoing changes made to your computer". I also used the following methods to update my PC,...
  8. Can't update to windows 20h2

Can't update to windows 20h2: I've been trying for some time now to update my 1909 to 20h2 by using windows update assistant but it got stuck at 99% and i waited for 18 hours with no luck. Started using the setup tool but that also stuck at 31% . I've tried some solutions online but they didn't work....
  9. Can't update Windows 10 to 20H2 update

Can't update Windows 10 to 20H2 update: Running Version 2004. It always rolls back after first restart. link to setupact.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak4GtT140HDBnUXqySZYe1lPPAT0?e=eLtu16 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-windows-10-to-20h2-update/c85dd861-0204-4f1d-990e-fd22e17b7f98
  10. Can't update to 20H2

Can't update to 20H2: I have windows 1903 , build 18362.1139 and I can't update to 20H2 because it give me this error: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 i tried both standard windows update and with media creation tool, i also removed all unsigned drivers and tried a clean boot. Error log:...