Windows 10: Can't update Windows 10 because of an app, but I uninstalled this app years ago??

Discus and support Can't update Windows 10 because of an app, but I uninstalled this app years ago?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I used to have AVG antivirus software but deleted it a few years ago. The current update is saying I need to remove this program before it can install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by McHolmes, Aug 7, 2019.

1. McHolmes Win User

Can't update Windows 10 because of an app, but I uninstalled this app years ago??

I used to have AVG antivirus software but deleted it a few years ago. The current update is saying I need to remove this program before it can install the new update. Where am I supposed to find an app that has already been uninstalled??

:)

McHolmes, Aug 7, 2019
  2. OnTheWeb Win User

Weather App not working windows 8.1

The apps troubleshooter wouldn't fix it on any of the machines. Tried syncing the app licenses, too. No dice. Uninstalling and reinstalling the MSN Weather App appears to have fixed it.

OnTheWeb, Aug 7, 2019
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Windows 10 forgets default apps

I have noticed like not 5mins ago that Winamp just got kicked out of my default apps list in Windows 10 Pro.
    I installed this installation not max 3 weeks ago with fresh downloaded Windows 10 Pro using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, is there a way to fix this bcs I using sfc /scannow don't do a lot for me and I have run it before on this installation.

Before u ask, I have fully updated my Windows 10 with all non-insider/beta updates.

The only thing I have disabled is the uac prompt that popup when u need admin for applications to run bcs it's simply annoying.

I don't remember having all these problems with Windows 8.1 Pro when i was using that and I am really thinking about going back so I can have "fully control" over Windows again with like disabling all the admin crap bcs I feel like it's messing more up and makes things less useful in Windows 10 with all these small problems I have and I read a lot of ppl having problems with various things time and time again where they needed to reinstall Win10 over and over to get it to work fully.

Any advice on how I can get Windows 10 to just work as a "daily driver" without all these small annoying things? *Frown Can't update Windows 10 because of an app, but I uninstalled this app years ago?? :(

puma99dk|, Aug 7, 2019
  4. t_ski Win User

Can't update Windows 10 because of an app, but I uninstalled this app years ago??

$.10 android apps

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but they have $.10 (yes, 10 cents) android apps on the Android Market to celebrate 10 BILLION downloads. So far I've picked up Tetris, Need for Speed Shift, SoundHound amd ADWLauncher EX. There were several other games that were listed, including ones too good for my phone *Frown Can't update Windows 10 because of an app, but I uninstalled this app years ago?? :(

t_ski, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't update Windows 10 because of an app, but I uninstalled this app years ago?? - Similar Threads - Can't update app

2. I can't uninstall an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't uninstall an app: HI!I need to free some space from my C Disk. When trying to uninstall some apps I have this one that I can't uninstall and says its size is 2.54TB. It's really bothering me and I was wondering if it's afecting my PC performance.Thanks!...
  3. I can't uninstall an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't uninstall an app: HI!I need to free some space from my C Disk. When trying to uninstall some apps I have this one that I can't uninstall and says its size is 2.54TB. It's really bothering me and I was wondering if it's afecting my PC performance.Thanks!...
  4. I can't uninstall an app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't uninstall apps

Can't uninstall apps: Sorry for the choppy info I don't know much about computers but im having some trouble. I'm running windows 11 and i recently went to uninstall discord but each time I do, i'm met with this prompt. This happens when i Windows+R and try to run %appdata% as well....
  6. Can't uninstall or update apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall or update apps: Hi,Each time i try to uninstall an app, i get taking to a "how do you want to open this file" prompt. I tried with multiple apps and it says the same thing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-or-update-apps/ab12c628-e24c-4b4b-af43-20825d279538
  7. Can't uninstall or update apps

Can't uninstall or update apps: Hi,Each time i try to uninstall an app, i get taking to a "how do you want to open this file" prompt. I tried with multiple apps and it says the same thing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-or-update-apps/ab12c628-e24c-4b4b-af43-20825d279538
  8. Can't uninstall or update apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Can't Uninstall An App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Uninstall An App: Amazon has a downloadable app called Kindle Create. No matter how many times I uninstall it, it won't install. I know this because I test it. I enter "Kindle Create" in the search bar and it shows up. How do I get rid of it?...
  10. I can't uninstall an app!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't uninstall an app!: My younger brother tried downloading "Fortnite" on my laptop and downloaded "Epic Games Launcher" and I tried uninstalling it but it just says that it is running and the Setup Wizard cannot continue. I have looked all over my laptop and it is not open anywhere. I do not know...