Windows 10: Cant update Windows 10 because UEFI error

Discus and support Cant update Windows 10 because UEFI error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Cant update windows the because the: [ATTACH] Tried this: create partition msr size=128 in DISKPART, it tells me: No usable free extent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Neverendingname, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Cant update Windows 10 because UEFI error

Hello,

Cant update windows the because the:

Cant update Windows 10 because UEFI error c2e2cd54-7a75-445e-96a2-a6924f000f7c?upload=true.jpg

Tried this: create partition msr size=128 in DISKPART, it tells me:

No usable free extent could be found. It may be that there is insufficient

free space to create a partition at the specified size and offset. Specify

different size and offset values or don't specify either to create the

maximum sized partition. It may be that the disk is partitioned using the MBR disk

partitioning format and the disk contains either 4 primary partitions, (no

more partitions may be created), or 3 primary partitions and one extended

partition, (only logical drives may be created).

Im fine with reinstalling the windows but I need a way to:

1, backup my C drive

2, Install a fresh windows 10

3, Use my backup to configure back everything as it was (everything has to work on the other two drives as well) before the fresh install

4, IT HAS TO BE THE SAME AS BEFORE ;NO REINSTALLING STUFF EVERYTHING HAS TO WORK AS BEFORE WITHOUT ME TOUCHING

ANYTHING

The problem is ,I have tons of settings, installed programs, customizations which would take me over a week to start from scratch and implement them again.

Open for alternatives as well.

Thanks!

:)

Neverendingname, Feb 16, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

UEFI Forum Releases UEFI 2.3.1 Specification Update

The UEFI Forum has ratified an update to the UEFI 2.3.1 Specification that adds important firmware considerations and addresses numerous engineering change requests. The updated Specification will be referred to as “UEFI 2.3.1C”.
    • UEFI 2.3.1C adds: An OS Indications Variable - OS/FW feature & capability communication – when implemented, allows end-users to make an OS menu request to enter BIOS setup after next reboot.
    • UEFI 2.3.1C adds: A mechanism which, when implemented, facilitates Open Source Operating System installations and OS- agnostic end-user configurations of retaining the factory default keys while in Setup Mode (see Specification for full technical detail of Setup Mode).
    • UEFI 2.3.1C removes: Runtime driver requirement on Network UNDI drivers - this allows UNDI drivers to be delivered in EFI Byte Code (EBC) Virtual Machine format supporting systems based on different processor architectures.
    Complete details on UEFI 2.3.1C are available here.

The UEFI Forum’s UTWG (UEFI Test Working Group) is currently working on updating the SCT (Self-Certification Tests) to align with the latest spec changes. Please see www.uefi.org for more updates.

UEFI Summer Summit Interoperability & Education Event:
    Specification Update Benefits Windows 8 & Open Source OS Implementations Microsoft to Host UEFI Summer Summit, July 16-20, 2012 in Redmond, WA

The UEFI Testing Work Group (UTWG) and the UEFI Industry Communications Work Group (ICWG) from the Unified EFI (UEFI) Forum invite you to register for the upcoming UEFI Summer Summit: An Interoperability and Education Workshop being held this July at the Microsoft Campus in Redmond, WA.
    • Hosted by Microsoft, the event is sponsored by AMD, AMI, HP, Insyde, Intel, Microsoft & Phoenix.
    • Online registration for the UEFI Summer Summit can be found at here and here. Please note registration is scheduled to close on July 9th.
    The organizers specifically wish to encourage add-in card vendors to attend the Summit. This is the last planned Forum-sponsored opportunity to test Secure Boot functionality and the interoperability of cards with UEFI-compliant systems for 2012. With the serious industry interest in Secure Boot functionality, this Summit is an excellent opportunity to test interoperability, as well as discuss the technology with other industry members.

btarunr, Feb 16, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Silvero Win User

Cant update Windows 10 because UEFI error

Windows 10 Update C1900101-30018 Error

Hello, I am trying to update from Windows 8 to Windows 10 directly from notifications but I am getting this error after the setup is completed. I am getting this error after: C1900101-30018 Error

Error: https://postimg.org/image/m146zmpav/
    Notification upgrade: https://postimg.org/image/l2mwuhyn5/

Any help would be appreciated *Smile Cant update Windows 10 because UEFI error :) Thank you.

Silvero, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Cant update Windows 10 because UEFI error

1. Cant update Windows 10 because UEFI error - Similar Threads - Cant update UEFI

2. I cant play roblox because of this error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant play roblox because of this error: The program can’t start because IERTUTIL.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.and The program can’t start because HID.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.can someone please helpand...
  3. Cant install update because of VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant install update because of VirtualBox: I cant update my computer because it says I need to uninstall VirtualBox. I have searched in programs, nothing. I have done all the suggested searches online thru my registry and I have none of the folders related to it at all, so I cant update. I have tried restarting,...
  4. I cant update my Windows 10 because of this Audit Mode

I cant update my Windows 10 because of this Audit Mode: Pls help me to fix this, I badly want to update my windows 10[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-update-my-windows-10-because-of-this-audit/4479681d-7c28-4c22-be58-04dc21976b1e
  5. Cant use headphones because of error.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant use headphones because of error.: Hello, I got a new laptop, and every time i try to plug in my headphones, an error "you just unplugged a device from the audio jack" comes up and my headphones don't work. How can i fix this issue? Thanks....
  6. cant update windows because of an error

cant update windows because of an error: when trying to update windows I get 0x800f0986 and its beginning to frustrate me to the point I want to switch to mac os, below is a list of what I tried I have tried using dism to clean up the startup components didn't work I have tried using the rem command to generate a...
  7. Cant download xbox beta because windows cant update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant download xbox beta because windows cant update: So I go to the Microsoft store and try to get Xbox beta but it says my windows needs to be updated, so I go and try to update windows and it doesn't work. I have used the windows update assistant & that still doesn't work. please help!...
  8. Updating UEFI/BIOS with Windows 10

Updating UEFI/BIOS with Windows 10: I am currently trying to install a new BIOS update for my HP Laptop. I have confirmed that there a new update available, but I'm concerned on how exactly to go through with it. I know I have to disable both my Anti-Virus software and Bitlocker Encryption, and I wanted make...
  9. Windows 10 cant be installed on GPT - Cant boot dvd in UEFI mode

Windows 10 cant be installed on GPT - Cant boot dvd in UEFI mode: Hello Guys, recently i purchased a new laptop that came with win10. The laptop is Lenovo z50-70 Unfortunately my brother managed to download so many viruses, that I decided to do clean Win 10 install. I had no important data on the laptop and I thought it would be...
  10. Cant install Windows 10 because of GPT partition error message

Cant install Windows 10 because of GPT partition error message: Im trying to reinstall windows 10 on my PC but keep getting GPT partition error message. The system won't allow me install and new partition either or reformat one. 72360

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 cant update UEFI

2. windows 10 update uefi error

3. windows 10 uefi update error